Forums: Archive: Used Gear / Great Deals:
New Climber Need Gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Used Gear / Great Deals

Premier Sponsor:

learnintoclimb

Jul 23, 2001, 8:42 PM
Post #1 of 2 (674 views)
Shortcut

New Climber Need Gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I really really woudn't recomend buying used rope no matter where it is or how much they say they have used it. Spend the extra money to get a NEW rope. Your rope is your lifeline. Needs to be extreemly well taken care of. IF one piece of pro fails you usually have another to back you up. If your rope fails(unless your climbin with double rope) you know you dead.

jsm280

Jul 24, 2001, 5:25 AM
Post #2 of 2 (674 views)
Shortcut

New Climber Need Gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would not suggest e-bay for anything which can wear out and holds my life. I really would not suggest any used gear expecially if you are new to climbing and are not sure what you are looking at or for (bad gear sometimes looks good) not to mention if you can not even hold it.
I found one of the local shops had several cams and nuts from last year for %25 off, all because they were not anodized so ask around. Also check out Rei-outlet.com for new cheap gear. I recently added some rock empire robot cams to my rack and really like them. 5 for $125 or 8 for $199 so check out those guys. I also have some Black diamond and Metolius Cams. The robot cams are almost identical to the metolius, really smooth action. I really like the black diamond cams and look foward to the purchase of some Aliens'.
I assume the racks you are refering to are the racks normaly used for desending not gear (cams, nuts and such) and if you are looking for those type of racks and need 4 or more talk to a machine shop and they may be able to make the rod parts much cheaper than you can buy them and you can still buy the U shaped hanger peice from the climbing store, or have the machine shop bend that for you as well (just make sure you have them use stainless for the U and give them a good example) a local shop made me a set for about half the price.
I would NEVER buy a used rope.!.!.!

Good luck

Forums : Archive : Used Gear / Great Deals

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook