RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

roseraie

Oct 21, 2003, 1:12 AM
Post #1 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

New format & Macs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The new front page is completely askew on my older (G3) Macintosh. I can't see the list of recent topics (or anything on the right side of the page), and I can't click any links other than the sidebar.

And while I'm at it, the new user search engine SUCKS... for example, if you search from Meg from San Diego it turns up everyone named Meg AND everyone from San Diego.

Thanks for the upgrade, any idea why it doesn't work on Macs though?

alpnclmbr1

Oct 21, 2003, 1:44 AM
Post #2 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

Re: New format & Macs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what kind of browser are you using? this info may help trouble shoot the problem.

I use ie on a imac and don't have any problems.

hope you're doing all right.

Partner tim

Oct 21, 2003, 1:51 AM
Post #3 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the search engine is due for a serious overhaul; the specific bug you mentioned may already be fixed, but there are some new approaches to search engine designs (specifically targeted at special-interest communities like rc.com) which can help other problems ("too many results! not enough filtering!") that we'll be rolling out in the next few months.

as for the Mac problem, Dan's reply is *exactly* what I was about to ask. What OS are you using -- OS X, or an older version? Which browser -- Safari or Explorer (or something else)? If you would like, the Help link on the top row will automatically tabulate this information when you submit a bug report, and it will put the reported problem into the bugs database and notify all of the developers via email. This is often more effective than (only) posting a report of the bug.

Thanks for pointing out the problem, by the way.

eric

Oct 21, 2003, 1:51 AM
Post #4 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The new front page is completely askew on my older (G3) Macintosh. I can't see the list of recent topics (or anything on the right side of the page), and I can't click any links other than the sidebar.

It would help to know what version of MacOS and what browser you are using, and also more about what you mean by "askew".
There are still some issues with the layout. I need to tweak it some more to accomodate a wider array of browsers. I'm a mac user myself and have tested this on a number of browsers for this OS and don't see any problems. But if you can give me this information, I can test it and fix it.

In reply to:
And while I'm at it, the new user search engine SUCKS... for example, if you search from Meg from San Diego it turns up everyone named Meg AND everyone from San Diego.

Thanks for that very charitable assessment. I had planned to enhance the search capabilities. But now if you want more control over the searches in the form of logical operators you're going to have say PLEASE.

eric

Oct 21, 2003, 6:57 AM
Post #5 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the search engine is due for a serious overhaul

The user search. Not forums/articles or site search. "engine" it isn't really.

In reply to:
the specific bug you mentioned may already be fixed

Ok, so real name search is OR'd against other criteria when it should be AND'd. More of a mis-feature.

roseraie

Oct 21, 2003, 9:01 PM
Post #6 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have an older OS and I run Internet Explorer. When I am home I will post which version of each, but I am at work right now so I do not know.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook