RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

cltclimber

Oct 28, 2003, 3:49 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Wrist Injury (ligaments)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yup, I apparently have damaged several ligaments in my right wrist. I can't really remember a specific incident where i hurt it but its probaly due to over stressing them from climbing, working out, and or lacrosse. I had it first diagnoses almost 3 weeks ago, had to wait a week to get my MRI, and my doctor has been out of town so i'm having to wait another week till i see him next. (Wednesday 29th). I hope its not too serious.

I've learned my lesson, when your body is telling you something hurts, you should probaly get it looked at. It started as just a pain in my wrist like i sprained it but then i noticed a bulge in my wrist. My pillias bone (sp) began to surface due to the inflamation and swelling in my ligaments and surrounding tissue.
I was wondering if anyone else has expierenced something similar. It seems like it'd be rather common in climbers. Oh wells, wish me luck and i'll keep u guys updated.

-Clayton

les

Oct 28, 2003, 4:00 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wrist Injury (ligaments) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have pain in my wrists, although i havn't gotten them checked out. My wrist hurt when pushing them back toward my arm, and are suprisingly unflexible to the point where my wrist wont make a 90 degree angle with my arm. I keep telling myself I'm just working them hard and thats why they hurt.... but maybe I should go to the doctor.

Les

cltclimber

Oct 28, 2003, 4:11 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yea, you might want to get that checked out. It took me about a month of self-medicating on 3 ibphrophens every 6 hours before i went to get it checked out. I think ligament damage or stress is present if a joint crackles when it is moved. Not sure what you have, not being able to bend it back could be because it was injured once and never properly healed. But i'm not a doctor...

chillenfish

Oct 28, 2003, 4:21 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A bunch state problems about there wrist due to climbin. I think i really messed mine up on a nice mountin biking crash. The fact of the matter is that i just keep climbin and tell myself that it will feel better eventually. If im doing any thing serious i get it taped. Like competions and multi pitch routes.

overlord

Oct 28, 2003, 11:38 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thats bad. why does everybody have to learn the hard way (including me)????

cltclimber

Oct 29, 2003, 11:17 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i had my appointment today and the news isn't too bad. I have a ganglian sist in my right wrist thats on a group of tendons. Its basically a collection of fluid with scar tissue around it that has hardened. It should be fine for now but i may have to get it drained if it becomes too big. I also have all my tendons in my wrist strained and inflammed. The inflamation is putting presure on a nerve grouping in my hand that affects my pink and ring fingers, but its not bad, it just feels wierd some times (pins and needles feeling). Luckily no major tears or anything so at this point the doctor doesn't recomend surgery.

I'm on an occupational therapy regiment twice a week until futher notice and was told to tape up my wrists when ever i use them. So, hope fully therapy will work out. If it doesn't i may have to go see a hand specailst.

Oh well, as long as i don't have to go under the knife i'm happy.

-Clayton

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook