Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Proud
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tylerphillips

Feb 25, 2002, 3:47 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Proud  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Cedar_City: The_Pillar_Of_Great_Price)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This used to be the best route in the canyon before it fell to the ground in 1999. It absoultly destroyed the forest of pines below it all the way to the river. only about seven people got to stand on top of this choss pile before it toppeled. You can find reminants of the final pitch bolt ladder on top of the 20 foot boulder now lying in the river. If A5 exists i think this might qualify. Glad to be one of the lucky ones before that route fell. It was honestly a damn good route with fun climbing. However there is still a summit to be had on that thing, it was still spitting bowling ball sized rocks when i hiked out there a month later. So if you got the nuts there is a born again summit waiting for you in Cedar Canyon.

rocknpowda

Jan 31, 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Proud [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I too am proud to have my name in the summit register.

navenjohnson

Feb 2, 2003, 8:32 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Proud [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Truly a great summit. Marked proudly with a symbol of American pride by the Tooele boys. However, I do need to say that J. Gunder, the man of thunder, deserves the award for proudest send of the now toppled pillar.
That is all....

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook