Premier Sponsor:

dustinap
Deleted

Mar 5, 2002, 5:52 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Gloves
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What are the best kind of gloves? Metolius make really durable ones, but they don't make ones with fingers, which would seem to be a plus, but I was told by someone that fingertip less gloves=bad.

Why is this, and do you only use your gloves for belaying and rappeling, or do you climb in them to? I've never seen anyone wearing gloves, but it'd seem like a good idea when doing long rappels, or even if you're belaying.

addiroids

Mar 5, 2002, 6:24 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Gloves [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have only worn gloves when aid climbing. I never use gloves when belaying, but have used them when I have taken them along and need to rappel fast. But that has been like 3 times of the 100's of times I have been climbing. And forget free climbing in them. No one does that.

Personally, I say just sack up and rap like a real man. Iron Clad (www.iclad.com) makes some nice Framing gloves that I want to buy. They got a good review from some wall climber's web site.

TRADitionally yours,

Addiroids

[ This Message was edited by: addiroids on 2002-03-04 22:25 ]

apollodorus

Mar 5, 2002, 6:33 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Gloves [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've seen those framing gloves at the local Industrial Supply. They look pretty durable, with a nice rubbery grip on the palms. The fingertips are already cut off, so you don't have to do it.

The only gloves I've ever used were regular leather gloves with the fingertips clipped off. Oh, and a taping job that came off in one piece so easy, I reused it a couple more times before tossing it.

radistrad

Mar 5, 2002, 7:53 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Gloves [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I only wear the golves for aid climbing and rapping, but mostly for aid. I have the PMI gloves. I cut the fingers off so I can have better dexterity. I've had the gloves for 7 yeas and they are still a-ok.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook