Snowshoeing

maculated

Dec 29, 2003, 7:26 AM
Post #27 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Re: Other interest? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was once in a playwright class and as an ice breaker we all had to go around the room and say our pet peeve. I proudly said that people who are too into one thing are my pet peeve. This was in front of people who had devoted their lives to theatre theatre theatre. I also have no doubt that two or more of this group will be on TV/Movies one day. But still.

Thus, I am interested in just about everything. I only become an expert in a few things, but I dabble in lots. Bona fide interests which have consumed much of my life include:

Wildlife / animal behavior (almost became an animal behaviorist, but I am very bad with math)
Australian shepherds (show, train, will eventually breed, perhaps)
Hang gliding (have my hang 1, will save up the huge dinero and get myself a wing one of these days and progress from there)
HTML coding (www.maculated.com)
Reading (post modern please)
Writing short stories and humor writings
Painting, pencil, charcoal, pastel (yup, I've even sold works)
Film / theatre (actor/ stage manager being my best skills)
Mechanics (like being able to fix just about everything)
Lacrosse
Softball

I'm a Jill of All Trades. It's probably why I get along with so many people. Very cool to know how to do a lot of things and speak the speak.

dabhaid

Dec 29, 2003, 2:50 PM
Post #28 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Music music music! Climbing and music both take me to a different place. Cycling is good too. Sadly at the minute the only thing I seem to be doing is computer stuff :( Then again the guitar is in the corner...

climbhigh2005

Jan 2, 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #29 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been involved with theater my whole life... I use to be in every production at the CCP... I loved it.. I loved everything about it.. the people that become your family because your with them 24/7 sitting in the greenroom, waiting to go on stage, heck you have to get close to people fast because you find yourself running around naked trying to find your next costume, I loved how the music, dancing and acting went together so perfectly, loved the live audience there, loved signing autographs and people asking tog et a picture with me. ... I even did some film acting... mainly just workshops... got to go to some classes with people from Dawsons Creek, and act out scenes, then watch them... boy I loved the whole "I get to kiss these really cute guys and 'pretend' I'm in love"... ya I defentinly miss it... now i just dance at the CCP, I've made other priorities to do things I love even more like climb! =)

charrock

Feb 13, 2004, 1:51 AM
Post #30 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Driving (and fixing) my VW Vanagon Syncro 8) Combines really well with climbing

I drive one of those. I fix it, more than ride it. Want to fix mine. Charlie

climbhigh2005

Feb 13, 2004, 2:54 AM
Post #31 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Good thread...I find climbers are pretty interesting people as a whole.

Hmm...photography, hiking, scuba, running, cycling, poker, skiing, beer drinking, guitar (I blow), sports especially football (the american variety), and of course, watching bad movies.

I find I'm mediocre at almost everything, except maybe the drinking.

gravy

Feb 13, 2004, 3:16 AM
Post #32 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Been cycling forever-- road, mountain (cross country) even some BMX (cruiser) and a brief stint into trials.
Writing & Reading
Backpacking
thinkin' about thinkin'
Manual labor whenever I can find it--good therapy

greyicewater

Feb 13, 2004, 3:22 AM
Post #33 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i also play quitar, a little of bass when i get the chance... i like to skate(board) on ocasion... skating was my previous hobby, then i got into climbing! i love to listen to music... and what every boulderer does... (stereotypically) oh yeah! and i love to be outside hiking, enjoying natures great beauty... hehe.. :lol:

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2004, 4:34 AM
Post #34 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd say that I play guitar, but that would be just following the rest of the herd in this thread. hehe.

I play jazz and bossa nova guitar. I also used to be in a rock band that actually made $$$money$$$. We fricking ruled. our drummer wore a 1950s speedo and swimming cap on stage.

other past hobbies include canyoneering, rafting, backpacking, horses, cooking, and 4x4.

now I just read, write, and climb.

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

calliope

Feb 13, 2004, 5:19 AM
Post #35 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm...I thought I answered this thread. The dementia is setting in early.

Like Camhead I do a lot of reading and writing. I've never played guitar but I almost married a bass guitarist. Still have quite the soft spot for musicians even though they're more trouble than they are fun.

Other than being completely addicted to this website and spending way to much time posting to it, I work, try to find my place in this new city, and am constantly on the lookout for my next big hobby. Past winners have included: belly dancing, salsa dancing, kickboxing, boxing, rowing, and participating onstage and on crew for numerous theatrical productions before I retired from the stage at the tender age of 24.

axewielder

Apr 12, 2004, 7:09 PM
Post #36 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guitar and climbing are my main things
i guess i ski some, read, hang out...
...yeah.

Partner calamity_chk

Apr 12, 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #37 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'd like to take up the piano again, but lack of funds is prohibiting this.

fshizzle seems to think that i should take up biking and eating better, he's probably right.

my landlord's wife is going to help me get started with kayaking this summer, that should be fun.

am thinking about taking up skiing next year. (i'm in colorado, might as well)

mostly, i want to head back to grad school - waiting for the grant apps to come back to see how much money uncle sam will give me in exchange for reducing my income to poverty level so that i can 'better' myself.

belly dancing, celtic dancing, the salsa, mambo, merengue, and argentinean tango are also on the "wanna do" list. oh, and moving to south america.

gman

Apr 12, 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #38 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ski, snowboard, roller hockey, scuba, kayaking (ocean) working out, and riding (and stunting) motorcycles with my friends.

vivalargo

Apr 12, 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #39 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Extreme Unicycling. It rocks. Your shirt is soaked through in half an hour. Blasting single tracks on a unicycle is something all climbers should experience.

JL

pinktricam

Apr 12, 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #40 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Reading...lots and lots of reading! Mostly history and biographies and theology.
Bible study...lots of study.
Sculpture...this is what I do best.
School...currently finishing the first year of a two year respiratory care program.
Mountain biking...well, actually here in Florida it's more like trail riding.
Fishing...fresh and saltwater. I really want to learn to flyfish!
Kayaking...flat water at the moment, but I look forward to whitewater yakin' when I relocate (after I finish with school).
Scuba. I'm looking forward to the opening of the spiney lobster season this summer.
Backpacking/Hiking. Not as much as I used to here in FL, but everytime I go to NC!
Travel. One of the main reasons I'm in the RT program is to become a traveler and live near several mountain climbing meccas on my tick list while being able to earn good money!

dirtineye

Apr 13, 2004, 2:46 AM
Post #41 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You mean there is something besides climbing? what is it? IS there more than one?

aikibujin

Apr 15, 2004, 5:06 PM
Post #42 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was younger, martial arts were my life. I had been practicing martial arts in one form or another since I was six. I had the longest time in Aikido (10 years).

Then in college I got into the outdoors, and now the outdoors in a big part of my life. I was a freediver (think the movie "the Big Blue") when I lived in Florida, as well as enjoying camping, hiking, and backpacking. Then I moved to Maryland and there aren't any good dive spots around me anymore... there are still places to dive like two or three hours away, but they suck compare to the crystal clear water I had 30 minutes away from my house in Florida. I needed a new hobby, so I started rock climbing. I also started to learn mountaineering, ice climbing, sailing, and snowboarding. Oh and I also like outdoor photography and traveling.

Life is good.

atg200

Apr 15, 2004, 5:54 PM
Post #43 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1. skiing - especially backcountry
2. mountain biking
3. surfing
4. cooking
5. brewing beer
6. cello
7. reading

mcheshi

Apr 15, 2004, 6:58 PM
Post #44 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmm i play piano, guitar, violin, and flute. i bicycle, climb, dance, pilates, sing when it is permited, write poetry ( i have been published so i'm actually quite good), i write short stories that my sister illustrates, eh... to many things i do to mention.

saagax

Apr 15, 2004, 7:02 PM
Post #45 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I love sports and used to race cars, go rowing, play volleyball and basketball, horseback ridding, swimming, scuba diving but because the lack of time or mone I have quitted some of those, any way I would do it again.

Now I like reading (forensics, engenieering, phisics, astrophisics) and I´m getting into astronomy (sky watch).

I used to play guitar but I´m just to bad at it.

Partner euroford

Apr 17, 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #46 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm one of those poeple with WAY to many intrests. its quite problematic really.

okay, lets see. i'll probobly miss some stuff.

hobbies:
climbing (durrr...)
biking (bianchi road bike, specialized mountainbike)
work (facade consultant)
audio/video (wilson audio speakers, tubes amps, 10' wide front projection HDTV, svs subwoofers)
cars (ford focus svt sedan, 88 merkur xr4ti, 91 mustang, all modified extensivly and raced)
saltwater reef (90 gallon tank with 9 fish, lotsa inverts and a couple hundred SPS corals)
computers (four custom build machines)
rc cars (two on road, two off road, all nitro)
home improvment (built the home theater, did major interior work, tuckpointed my brick)
astronomy (four scopes)

volunteering:
shed aquarium (i clean the protean skimmers in the wold reef display)
chicago fire department (high angle rescue team)

profesional orginizations:
cchrb (chicago councle on high rise buildings)
aia (american institure of archicects)

oh yeah, and i read compulsivly and regularly post on 7 online forums

Partner tattooed_climber

Apr 17, 2004, 6:30 AM
Post #47 of 47 (839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stuff???

-Climbing (anything/everything/every kind)
-Volunteering with the Army Cadets (Civilian Instructor)(takes up most of my life)
-Volunteering with the Royal Canadian Legion when i can
-Currently just Signed up with St. John's Ambulance Brigde (volunteering)
-Trail running
-Backpacking
-Poetry and other forms of f*cked up writing(for personal/friends)
-reading/writing screen plays
-film projects (no jack*ss stuff.....these assh*les on film have alittle 'style'...)
-music (listening/singing/learning the drums)
-tattoos :roll:
-rc.com
-sex with women

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook