RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

the_antoon

Feb 20, 2004, 4:02 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1359 views)
Shortcut

cronic wrist pain
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A year or so ago i injured my wrist lifting. Then shortly after, I reinjured it during a b-ball game and landed myself in the ER. Since then I have seen a couple doctors and what i get every time is "wear this brace for a week and see if it gets better." I have done everything they tell me but now i have a recurring pain in my wrist and when it flares up I really can't put any stress or strain it, it just gives out. It hurts on the outside of the wrist around that bone that kinda sticks up (the base of the ulna). When it flares up it hurts real bad to rotate my hand. I was just wondering if any of you have had a similiar problem, and if so, how you got over it.

Antoon

sixter

Feb 20, 2004, 5:12 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1359 views)
Shortcut

Re: cronic wrist pain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have never hurt my wrist as bad as you seem to have, but I have had wrist pain for the past few years from work realated stress. I was swinging a hammer pounding round tubes rectangular shaped for exhaust headers. I bought a Metolius Gripsaver ball, and used that. The wrist pain went away. Now I just use tha ball after intense climbing causes wrist aches. A friend of mine borrowed it for a few weeks, she comes home from work and ices her wrists from carpel tunnel syndrome. She noticed some improvement in the pain in the short time she actually used it.

I have recently started a weight training program that includes wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls to strengthen the flexor and extensor muscles in the forearms, and am looking forward to seeing the results from that.

Partner angry

Feb 20, 2004, 5:34 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1359 views)
Shortcut

Re: cronic wrist pain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't really know, but I'd think just going through a range of motion under control and at less than max pain would eventually loosen it up. This seems like the sort of advice a PT would give. They'd say something like draw the alphabet in the air with each of your knuckles.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook