Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

miagi

Apr 3, 2002, 2:53 AM
Post #26 of 30 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Alternative for Crashpads and topropes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im telling you guys, having a 13 feet deep pool over the climbing area would be the SH*T!! You could start off on the ground, traverse to the pool, and then climb up. I would love a climbing gym like that.

fusion

Apr 3, 2002, 3:16 AM
Post #27 of 30 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Parachutes for long routes are the way to go

tavs

Apr 3, 2002, 2:10 PM
Post #28 of 30 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wasn't even going to reply, because I am at a total loss as for what to say. And I think the original poster was just trying to have a funny discussion and wasn't at all serious. But I decided I at least needed to emphasize what hardcoredana said (for this and other possible crazy scenarios)--ANY outside area that is publicly owned or privately owned by someone nice enough to let climbers use it HAS POTENTIAL for access issues. "Established" area or not, I'll tell you straight out that if you start stringing nets all over the place, you will quickly find yourself in the midst of an access issue.

I'm posting this not really mostly in regards to nets (because I think it's an expensive, silly idea that has no risk of coming to fruition), but to remind people of all the other, seemingly little in comparison things we may do and may take for granted. Trash, excessive noise, and inconsiderate behavior can result in "access issues" at any area, well-climbed or not. Please remember this...As someone else posted, the outdoors is NOT your local gym, and it is not merely our little playground.

[Steps down off soapbox now]

galt

Apr 4, 2002, 6:44 AM
Post #29 of 30 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

STUPID GALT!!! You're such a moron. You are so right Tavs, the outdoors isn't my playground. Guess I'll just throw that balloon idea away and go bolt into a chipped route. Stupid stupid me... And I was going to have so much fun falling down into that big blue pocket of air. (And for all you circus clowns out there, I'm not going to actually burn down your big top. Stop calling me.)

And in all seriousness Tavs is right. We are lucky to get to climb anywhere legally, it's good to have a reminder about the noise and the trash.

[ This Message was edited by: galt on 2002-04-03 22:47 ]

mpepe

Apr 4, 2002, 7:49 AM
Post #30 of 30 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How about helium balloons? They would attach readily to your harness and if you let go or fall off, PRESTO you float to the top and can still claim an ascent. Of course you would probably want to carry a GUN to shoot the balloons with so you don't fly fly away(and i don't mean no pea popper either, you'd wan't some mega cannon gun that would cause those PC folks to drop a load). And even better! When you get back down you can inhale the helium and talk funny. Holy cow, I just might try this.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook