RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mhashuga

Mar 16, 2004, 6:36 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Table Rock, PA...Directions?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I heard of Table rocks before but had trouble actually finding this place. I don't think it is in Sunbury though...if memory serves me correctly it was closer to Halifax off Route 225 at the top (hairpin turn) of Peters Mountain. If anyone has better directions please post...some beta on this location would be good also. Be nice to know if its even worthwhile.

roclimb

Mar 17, 2004, 5:54 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Re: Table Rock, PA...Directions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a table rock's north of Harrisburgh on the Appalatian Trail. It's about a 2 mile hike in and not worth the walk. is this the spot you are talking about?
~Rob

pullonthis

Mar 17, 2004, 6:04 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think he's talking about the Table Rock by Mocanaqua. I'd give you directions, but I haven't been there in a while and can't quite remember myself, so I'd probably just get you lost. However, you can stop in at Top of the Slope on Main St. in Wilkes Barre and they can help you out. They even have a drawn-up routes guide for sale, and I believe the proceeds go to keeping Moc and Table Rock clean and open to climbers.

chalker7

Mar 17, 2004, 6:09 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well i havent ever heard of anything called table rocks, but i would liek to find it sometime. there is a good sized boulder with a couple problems on it on the next mountain north. it is berry's mountain between halifax and millersburg, which is where i live. pm me for more details and someone to climb with if u wanna come around. as far as table rocks, please let me know whenever you find out more about it because i would take the 2 mile hike to check it out. good luck and have fun. i have to go now because im still stuck in school while i post this. blah.

chalker

mhashuga

Mar 17, 2004, 6:11 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never actually been to Table Rocks but a friend and I did try to find it one day. I beleive we did hike on the Appalacian Trail off Route 225 north of Harrisburg, but after a while we gave up. The only reason I was wondering was because I saw a listing for Table Rocks of Sunbury under the PA climbing sections. I live about 15 minutes from Sunbury and never heard of this before.

roclimb

Mar 17, 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been to a Table Rocks off 225 . just hike two miles North on the AT and you will come to it. go a little farther and you will hit Fumatory Rock also. neither are worth the hike.

There is rock in Sunbury above the river that is pretty good also.

Hawk rock is near there also.
~Rob

chalker7

Mar 18, 2004, 3:27 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey roclimb, did you mean that hawk rock is near table rock or near sunbury? because i didnt want enyone getting confused or for me to be confused myself. the hawk rock that i know is in millersburg, and is know for its awesome frequency of migratory raptors. there are also two bald eagles nesting somewhere in the rocks. if there is a hawk rock near sunbury then i dont know what they call the one by millersburg but i know it looks interesting but not difficult.

chalker

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook