Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Any younger (teenage) female climbers in here?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

fifty-fifty
Deleted

Oct 4, 2003, 5:03 AM
Post #26 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Re: Any younger (teenage) female climbers in here? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Almost 16 here :wink: but sometimes it feels like it may as well be doubled :roll: Just started into climbing about a year ago! I want to get out and do more training at my crags tho..need more time ina day :robert: take care all I'll ttyl

enanubis

Oct 8, 2003, 10:09 PM
Post #27 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was (15-16) I wish I had some older climbing partners. I couldn't drive to the rocks(so all I could climb most of the time was crappy quartz boulders behind my friends house) , I didn't have someone very knowledgable about good rock locations or important information like how to build safe anchors. You might be better off than I was because of your dad but, I would just think as long as you and your partners don't mind the age difference, having older partners might actually be better for you. That is at least my wacky opinion.

climbhigh2005

Oct 23, 2003, 10:38 AM
Post #28 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey! I'm 16!! Not that many teenagers in my area that climb... personally I like climbing other 16-18 year olds, but most of the people I climb with are 20+!

acegirl

Oct 26, 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #29 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 20 (nearly 21). But I think age is irrelevant. I've just started climbing recently, a few months ago, and it has been with people ranging from age 20 to 30+. I completely agree with Oceannus when she says the outdoors doesn't mask your personality. So true! And I think people who are into the outdoors are, on the most part, genuine, fun and really awesome people.
If you enjoy someone's company, spend time with them, regardless of their age!

girlclimb

Nov 1, 2003, 2:13 AM
Post #30 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 18 started climbing almost 3 yr's ago I found a climbing wall near my house and was hooked. I come from a house of all women and i'm realy the only outdoorsy one. (I love everything about the outdoors especialy rocks lol) It took me a while to really know the people at my wall since I live near an awsome cliff so they were always outside which is where i alsways wanted to be, and cause i was the only younger person who climbed in the area most were in there thirties. When I did finnaly find people to take me out my mom would always have to interigate them first, which always made finding a climbing partners hard haha. Plus it's hard to know who to trust all the time I like to be safe and hope to be climbing for a long long time to come. It also took me a while to get up the courage to ask these really really experienced older climbers, i always felt like I would just be a tag along since i can't lead(hope to change that this summer). I just recently went off to college and it's cool cause there are a whole bunch of people who climb here that are my age!! hopefully I will get more climbing partners and go outside all the time (although winter is approaching.) Any way just wanted to let you know your not the only young climber out there. Although I have to say I feel kinda old when I see ages like 15:) am i still considered a young climber chick?? haha

girlclimb

Nov 1, 2003, 2:19 AM
Post #31 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh and I just wanted to add I really enjoyed going out with the older experienced and trained climber because they really knew what they were doing and taught me alot of stuff, tecnique how to follow/ remove gear, knots and sooooo much more.

monkeywoman

Nov 21, 2003, 8:00 PM
Post #32 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HeyHey,

I'm 15 years old and from NH. I have a ton of people that i climb with, and i love them all, but their all guys!!! Sometimes its nice to climb with womens bata rather than guys...

I have aol messenger, i saw someone ask earlier in the posts, if anyones interested. Its climbergirl512

Does anyone else here climb in New Hampshire? My main gym is Dover but i basically go anywhere around New England.

rvega

Nov 21, 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #33 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i'm 14 :D

In three weeks I'll be celebrating my 14th birthday anniversary! :wink: Still feel 14 for the most part except for my back pain and paying bills both which suck. Don't waste your youth, your schooling, or your family. Cherish them all. You won't have them forever. Have fun. Be safe. Cheers.

brittgold

Nov 28, 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #34 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am 18 years old. I think its pretty safe to say that most of us are used to climbing with guys, but i really enjoy climbing with other girls because they can show me techniques and such that help girls. Guys dont really realize that i cant just pull my self up like they can, but other girls can help me. And it helps when me and the girls can try some other routes while the guys are off trying to kill themselves.

litleclimberchick

Dec 16, 2003, 10:24 PM
Post #35 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

16 from socal

graysondamondamian

Dec 17, 2003, 2:04 PM
Post #36 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

15 (16 in june) from south cackalacky

dynamitegirl

Dec 26, 2003, 9:44 PM
Post #37 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, I´m 16! Where I live there are hardly any climbers my age (one that started a month ago :D ) so I used to climb with the old experienced ones....mostly my dad!! He taught me everything I need to climb here and I am really grateful! I can say that I am not like the girls over here (shopping,...) and I know what it is like to hear that I am a stranger, just because I am climbing or doing any other sport instead of joining them to the mall. I hardly have any friends therefore :( but I can say that I am self confident enough to live my wonderful life :) and it would be even better if I could get in contact with some of you teens out there (kletterfraz@hotmail.com)

bum_to_be

Dec 27, 2003, 6:36 AM
Post #38 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been climbing for a few years, but in the last year my guys have been there for me through a whole lot and my girl friends from school know nothing about any of it. I'm so much more comfortable around the guys I climb with than I am around girls my age. I'm 16 and all I hang out with are guys that are all at least 5 years older. But they're more like my big brothers and I like who I am most around them.

one_second_downclimb

Jan 2, 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #39 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i think its kinda cool climbing with all the guys, it gives you something to strive for!

fasdy

Jan 7, 2004, 7:39 AM
Post #40 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Currently 18, but I started when I was around 8 (I even had my birthday party that year at a local gym). I'm looking to get back in after stopping for a couple years. I've missed it, heh.

crazeeclimber

Jan 16, 2004, 1:30 AM
Post #41 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heya! I'm 18 and I'm a climber chicky :) I've climbed with younger and older girls and I met one of my fav climbing partners on this website :) Maddie is pretty cool, we usually climb in a group of 3, me, my bf and Maddie... I met my bf climbing too :)
Climb safe, Rock on :)

climbercat

Jan 18, 2004, 3:51 AM
Post #42 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

howdy im 15....id like to say that i climb alot and go to gyms and stuff...but alas that is not so...i've gone climbing about 4-5 times in the past 2 yrs but lack of funds, climbing partners, and a drivers licence play a major role in restricting me from climbing..its a bummber but as soon as i get my licence im gonna head to the "local" climbing gym and maybe get some connections from there...

getvertical3

Apr 2, 2004, 3:56 PM
Post #43 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I feel super young! i'm 11, almost 12. i usually climb on my friend's climbing wall, but i go to the gym most of the time.

mcheshi

Apr 2, 2004, 7:39 PM
Post #44 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I feel super young! i'm 11, almost 12. i usually climb on my friend's climbing wall, but i go to the gym most of the time.

heh when i was 11 i thought i was to good to climb rocks. it kinda sickens me to look bad at what i was... really prissy and stuff like going to get my nails done once a week, boyfriends, hated going outside. my uncle would offer to take me and i'd be like no, i don't want to go. so finally my uncle convinced me to go to a gym over christmas break and i loved climbing and am really mad at myself for missing three years of it! of course, now that i absolutely love climbing, there is no one to take me as my uncle had to move. gah... grr on him. obtw, i'm 14

katanaman

Apr 5, 2004, 1:12 AM
Post #45 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AHHHH, im a guy :D , seriously tho...my girlfriend is on this site thing. she just joined. her username is tal if u want to get in touch or sumthin. shes kinda shy but ya, i think she'd love to talk to ya, ne wayz shes all about the girl power thing and id imagine u two would get along :)

tal

Apr 8, 2004, 1:38 AM
Post #46 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm 17 and i also climb with almost always guys. its ok sometimes but its kinda nice to have someone your age.. who is a gal to help you with your climbing woes. :)

rokstahr39

Apr 26, 2004, 3:52 AM
Post #47 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey I'm a youngin too! I'm 17 and have been climbing for about a year. PM me and I'll give ya my MSN!

maika

Apr 28, 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #48 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

15--been climbing for a little less than a year--drop me a pm sometime!

lotusflower

May 12, 2004, 8:10 PM
Post #49 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey if you ever need a girl to talk to i am always open for a chat!!! I grew up in the opposite situation, my mom was into the outdoors and my dad loved computers and inventing things. I primarily started climbing, kayaking and hiking and stuff on my own and it is always great to have other girls to talk to that do the same.
AIM name SoychiLatte

summit_plumit

May 16, 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #50 of 72 (15902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yay my first post, I'm 16 and when I started climbing 2 years ago no one would go with me but after a bit of pleading and whining I've convinced pretty much all my friends to climb with me at one point or another and I've found that it's the girls who keep coming again and again. my regular climbing partner is 19 but I go with other 16 year olds a bunch, so my advice to you is to bribe, cheat, lie, black mail or whatever you have to do to get a friend to go with you once and you'll probably get them hooked rockclimbings pretty adictive
good luck!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook