Premier Sponsor:

Partner coylec

Apr 15, 2004, 1:18 PM
Post #1 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Flossing and the Great American Cavity Coverup
Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright. Once again, my dentist / "oral hygenist" have yelled at me about not flossing enough. For pete's sake, what are they thinking? am i really supposed to run some thread through my teeth in the morning when i am barely conscious enough to make it to the shower? i brush my teeth, twice a day, and floss occaissionally ... usually when I need it! isn't that good enough for them?

Am I the only person who doesn't floss everyday?

coylec

rvarhd

Apr 15, 2004, 1:32 PM
Post #2 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Re: Flossing and the Great American Cavity Coverup [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

haha yeah man I can't remember the last time I flossed. Oh except for the other day when I had a dentist appointment and stupid nurse went nuts on my gums and then said it was my fault they were bleeding because I don't floss enough. Jerk

dookie

Apr 15, 2004, 1:33 PM
Post #3 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to not floss everyday, until I was warned that I was right on the path to gum disease if I didn't.... that clued me in ;) Just think - brushing twice a day is good and all, but it doesn't get between your teeth which is where a ton of food particles get caught... once you get used to it as a nightly routine (I don't do it in the am, because I don't eat in my sleep...) it won't hurt so much, and you'll actually notice if you don't do it becuase you'll feel food in between your teeth and be dying to get it out of there!! Seriously, if you get gum disease you're on the path to dentures. No fun!

organic

Apr 15, 2004, 4:02 PM
Post #4 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If God wanted us to floss he would have created a beer flavor! I lov Dentures remember when grandpa used to scare you as a little kid by doing weird stuff with his dentures? HAHAHA

sixter

Apr 15, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #5 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Am I the only person who doesn't floss everyday?

coylec

I don't always remember to floss every day, heck I used to not bush for weeks on end. After 8+ root canals (I stopped counting) I have changed my tune.

jammin

Apr 15, 2004, 4:46 PM
Post #6 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just floss in front of the TV at night. It'll be done in no time. Besides, takes 5 minutes.

mcheshi

Apr 15, 2004, 4:52 PM
Post #7 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i floss when i feel like it, i have braces right now and it takes like 20-30 minutes... so i just use listerine... works the same and it makes ur mouth feel all tingly...

Partner pianomahnn

Apr 15, 2004, 4:58 PM
Post #8 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Just floss in front of the TV at night. It'll be done in no time. Besides, takes 5 minutes.

Jeebus, do you have 800 teeth in your mouth?

30 seconds, tops.

wildtrail

Apr 15, 2004, 5:02 PM
Post #9 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i floss when i feel like it, i have braces right now and it takes like 20-30 minutes... so i just use listerine... works the same and it makes ur mouth feel all tingly...

That's not true. It doesn't remove plaque and tartar build up between the teeth. All it removes is germs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't floss as much as I should, but probably more than most. I do it, thoroughly, about 3 times a week.

dookie

Apr 15, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #10 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, and another thing, one reason I try to take good care of my teeth and gums are how much the fukkers have cost me up to date... with cavities and dental visits (and a tooth saved from having to get a root canal...) I'm guessing my mouth is worth close to $1500. I'm very happy to not give any more money to the dentists than is absolutly necessary for routine cleaning!!!! Dental work costs a fortune, and can totally be prevented in most cases. plus they make way too much money as it is ;)

Partner tradman

Apr 15, 2004, 5:10 PM
Post #11 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dental work costs a fortune, and can totally be prevented in most cases. plus they make way too much money as it

So true. I had quite a lot of work done to repair damage to my teeth (including a false tooth which cost me...ummm...over $1600) but it was worth it. My teeth just used to be sore all the time and I was self-conscious about my smile, now I feel a lot better.

Now I'm swapping dental work for a web site which is turnignout to be so expensive that my dentist owes me money!

Now that is some good karma!

:wink:

mcheshi

Apr 15, 2004, 5:26 PM
Post #12 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

at the end of all my work, my mouth will be worth over 5k++ and that's just the orthodontry bill, no idea how much from dentist... but i really haven't had much dental work despite my current situation so probaly not to much.

beaner_says_hi

Apr 25, 2004, 12:59 AM
Post #13 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

That's not true. It doesn't remove plaque and tartar build up between the teeth. All it removes is germs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't floss as much as I should, but probably more than most. I do it, thoroughly, about 3 times a week.

They do make floss for that now-reach tartar control. But it's a fluffy string saturated with abrasives. It always, always, alwaays breaks when I use it.

Partner camhead

Apr 25, 2004, 2:14 AM
Post #14 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to floss regularly.

but in the last year, the space between my two molars has started ripping dental floss in half. all the time. fricking obnoxious. guess I should start using fishing line instead

pinktricam

Apr 25, 2004, 2:29 AM
Post #15 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I used to floss regularly.

but in the last year, the space between my two molars has started ripping dental floss in half. all the time. fricking obnoxious. guess I should start using fishing line instead

Cammie, you need to have a dentist look into that. The only time that's ever happened to me, it was because of decay and I came VERY close to having to have the tooth pulled and a root canal procedure done :!:

Partner camhead

Apr 25, 2004, 2:41 AM
Post #16 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanx, yo. I'll have to get that checked out. usually I feel a lot of sensitivity around places of decay, though, and this has not been the case this time.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook