Premier Sponsor:

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 1:13 AM
Post #1 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Damn! Only 20%!
Report this Post
Can't Post

I quit golfing at 16. I'm 30 and I've taken up golfing again.

I hit 200 balls at the range today and only 20% went where they are supposed to. Well, after a 14 year break, I suppose that isn't bad either. :wink:

Wish it would have been 50%.

Maybe Monday?

I seriously doubt it.

andy_reagan

Apr 11, 2004, 1:22 AM
Post #2 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Re: Damn! Only 20%! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You really should be climbing instead.

rckclimbergurl

Apr 11, 2004, 4:11 AM
Post #3 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

ditto :wink:

brianthew

Apr 11, 2004, 4:16 AM
Post #4 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

20% can be good. I once got a 20% on a differential equations exam, which was an "A" grade (average score was 13%).

Perhaps golf is curved similarly?

And anyway, I thought lower numbers are good in that game!

jackscoldsweat

Apr 11, 2004, 6:55 AM
Post #5 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You'll know that your life is nearly over when you start playing golf.

JCS

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #6 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

You really shouldn't worry about what other people do, nor tell them what they should be doing. :wink:

Unlike many, I don't define my life by one meager accomplishment. I climb, hike, backpack, kayak, canoe, ski, fish, golf, and a few other things outside of a highly active social life and my artistic abilities. :wink:

Also, I climb during the winter and did all winter long so you climb when you climb and I will climb when I climb, okay?

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 5:00 PM
Post #7 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You'll know that your life is nearly over when you start playing golf.

JCS

Too tough of a game for you, isn't it.

Yeah, I guess my life was nearly over when I was 12 and took it up.

For that matter, tell that to Tiger Woods how "over" his life is. Let's see, about 28 years old. Was the youngest ever to win a professional tour. Millionaire...

Yeah, he's just sucking it up, isn't he. :roll:

Like I said, I enjoy other activities and like a lot of climbers, I'm not an elitist. I don't look down on others because I may climb more than they do and like my post above, I actually have a pretty active, exciting life including a variety of activities.

Maybe you do too. Then again, if you enjoyed something like bowling, I wouldn't get down on you about it. :wink:

Those who have never tried golf will never understand the excitement, complexity, and skill it requires to play it well. It's harder to master than rock climbing. A person has a better chance of competing with the likes of Mr. Sharma before they do Mr. Woods.

pinktricam

Apr 11, 2004, 5:59 PM
Post #8 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*SIGH* Last time I went golfing I hit only two good balls...stepped on a rake *OUCH*

andy_reagan

Apr 11, 2004, 6:18 PM
Post #9 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoa tiger, easy there! Looks like you need to go out and play a round to ease that stress level down!!!1 :wink: :roll:

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 6:41 PM
Post #10 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
whoa tiger, easy there! Looks like you need to go out and play a round to ease that stress level down!!!1 :wink: :roll:

Ah, I'm just hacking into you guys on purpose. No malicious intent at all. No angst. :wink:

It's an automated response because there are some climbers on this board that actually think they are better than me or other people because they climb more or harder. I laugh at those people.

I was just giving you and the jackcoldsweat some sh*t. :wink:

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 6:52 PM
Post #11 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
*SIGH* Last time I went golfing I hit only two good balls...stepped on a rake *OUCH*

I'd like to get a few rounds in when I come to Florida next. My Mom and Stepdad are moving from Bradenton to Naples, so I hope there's some nice courses around there.

grover

Apr 13, 2004, 3:18 AM
Post #12 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

golf = a great use of herbicides

jackscoldsweat

Apr 20, 2004, 10:54 AM
Post #13 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Too tough of a game for you, isn't it.

Yeah, I guess my life was nearly over when I was 12 and took it up.

For that matter, tell that to Tiger Woods how "over" his life is. Let's see, about 28 years old. Was the youngest ever to win a professional tour. Millionaire...

Yeah, he's just sucking it up, isn't he. :roll:

Like I said, I enjoy other activities and like a lot of climbers, I'm not an elitist. I don't look down on others because I may climb more than they do and like my post above, I actually have a pretty active, exciting life including a variety of activities.

Maybe you do too. Then again, if you enjoyed something like bowling, I wouldn't get down on you about it. :wink:

Those who have never tried golf will never understand the excitement, complexity, and skill it requires to play it well. It's harder to master than rock climbing. A person has a better chance of competing with the likes of Mr. Sharma before they do Mr. Woods.

Listen up Chief.

I'll amend my previous post.

You'll know that your life is nearly over when you start playing golf.....especially with all that rock out there.

BTW, I've played my fair share of golf. Hell, I even worked at a course for a brief season during high school. Damn near killed me....with BOREDOM.
If you really have a thing for wet balls, try rock climbing tough guy.

Drive for show putt for dough,
JCS

Partner tradman

Apr 20, 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #14 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote=wildtrail]Those who have never tried golf will never understand the excitement, complexity, and skill it requires to play it well. It's harder to master than rock climbing. A person has a better chance of competing with the likes of Mr. Sharma before they do Mr. Woods.
Not sure I'd agree with you there. I personally know a number of people who have handicaps of 4 or less, but I doubt I could think of anyone I know who's sent V13 or V14.

Just my 0.2

Partner j_ung

Apr 20, 2004, 6:38 PM
Post #15 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Golf is for fat people, old people, snobby people and people who aspire to be one of those three. :P

robmcc

Apr 20, 2004, 7:20 PM
Post #16 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I saw him playing on TV the weekend before last. He kinda sucked. I think at the time he was something like +4 and in 40somethingth place.

Rob

bluto

Apr 20, 2004, 7:43 PM
Post #17 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go
Out
Leave
Family

It's just an excuse for guys to get away from their wives and children.

Partner philbox

Apr 20, 2004, 9:54 PM
Post #18 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Unlike many, I don't define my life by one meager accomplishment. I climb, hike, backpack, kayak, canoe, ski, fish, golf, and a few other things outside of a highly active social life and my artistic abilities. :wink:

And I want world peace. :wink: What is this wild are you standing for miss world or sumpthin. :lol:

Golf, gaaaack, puhlease, I think I`m gunna throw up, what would possess you to chase a ball around a paddock with a stick. Hey I think I`ve got an idea for a great climbing pic, vertical golf, hmmm, I`m gunna hafta work on that one.

jumpingrock

Apr 21, 2004, 4:06 AM
Post #19 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

And I want world peace. :wink: What is this wild are you standing for miss world or sumpthin. :lol:

Golf, gaaaack, puhlease, I think I`m gunna throw up, what would possess you to chase a ball around a paddock with a stick. Hey I think I`ve got an idea for a great climbing pic, vertical golf, hmmm, I`m gunna hafta work on that one.

Hmmm badass foot jams. Great abs and a lack of love for life. Maybe practice on top rope first. But the real picture has to be on lead. Several pitches up. You also need to figure out how to connect the ball to the tee so it doesn't fall down. I'll leave that to you.

Partner philbox

Apr 21, 2004, 5:18 AM
Post #20 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Blue tack for a tee would work wouldn`t you think for vertical golf. Who`s gunna be my caddy.

dirtineye

Apr 21, 2004, 5:27 AM
Post #21 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GOlf is a game for people who don't get enough frustration at their job.

sixter

Apr 21, 2004, 6:45 AM
Post #22 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to have a similar problem, then I learned to take a slow back swing, and not try to hammer the ball in the swing. I hit shorter shots now, but more often than not, I am on the fairway. I don't think my score has improved much though. :oops:

wildtrail

Apr 21, 2004, 1:44 PM
Post #23 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
GOlf is a game for people who don't get enough frustration at their job.

AMEN!

Oh, bye the way, I'm hittin' about 90% of them beautifully now. I knew it would come back to me quickly.

sixer,

Thanks for the advice. Already doing that. I rememberd to slow down. I take 3/4 punch swings and I can still hit my 9-iron 110-120 yards.

I'm playing my first par 3 next Monday.

coach

Apr 21, 2004, 1:54 PM
Post #24 of 24 (664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I never understood people that paid those high fees for golf and then try to take as few strokes as possible. I like to get in as many strokes as I can for my money. :lol:

My scores prove it! :shock:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook