Forums: Community: Campground:
Things I Have Learned about Women (Part 1)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

granitegroove

Apr 21, 2004, 9:22 PM
Post #26 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Re: Things I Have Learned about Women (Part 1) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks. :)

I really do love her. So much I can't even explain it. Just wish she hadn't gotten the "booby prize" in me. I'm a pain in the ass, ya know. :wink:

Partner macherry

Apr 21, 2004, 9:39 PM
Post #27 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Wildtrail: i think i'm in love! :lol:

I try. Honestly, I try. My wife is the most special and amazing person in my life. There is no one of this world I'd rather spend eternity with. She is my soulmate.

I can't think of anything better for my 10,000th post than to profess my undying love, gratitude, friendship, and desire for my wife, Tammy. She makes my world go round. :)

Okay, everybody. That was 10,000! Hope it was worth the wait for you.

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!

tah dah! the big 10,000 congrats man. Good form to mention "your better half" in the post. I bow down before you. You post whore you!

so honored to be quoted in it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partner wideguy

Apr 21, 2004, 9:44 PM
Post #28 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

God Steve, you better be the luckiest man on the planet because if she's all that then there has got to be at least a 50/50 shot she could get someone better than you!!! :wink: :wink:

mattdog

Apr 22, 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #29 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't believe that my thread was honored as the one to be your 10,000th post. How awesome. And ladies... its all in good fun. ;)

mattdog

Apr 22, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #30 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright ladies (and men), before I move on to part two, I just thought I'd make sure to say that these are nothing more than humourous, and not intended to be serious. I love my wife too, but I don't subscribe to the believe that relationship is all about HER. I laugh WITH her, not AT her, and she laughs... Well, she laughs AT me. But that's ok!

That's part of the fun of it, isn't it? If you spend your whole life thinking that your sex is better, you can never laugh at all the silly things that go on half the time. Being with someone for a long time means letting go of all those haughty beliefs you held about yourself and learning to laugh at your own mistakes. Men desire respect and admiration, while women desire security and and little bit of fawning.

Besides, Keri always laughs when I strip down, swing my weiner from side to side and do the "WOO-WOO". Seriously, what's not to laugh about that little bit of hilarity?

sixter

Apr 22, 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #31 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Wow, I can't belive Wildtrail's post. Good work. I'm impressed. I feel like I should send it to my ex. He was so slack jawed surprised when I dumped him...I was like "it's called effort, look it up"

Sometimes one person's view of effort is different than the others. I was dumped in a long distance relationship I was in. I made the effort to call her as often as she wanted (every day), plus I called her 6+ times a day the two weeks her parents were out of town and she was suffering seperation anxiety just to keep her semi-grounded. I regualrly got calls from her between 1am and 2am durring her break at work while I was trying to sleep (I had to get up at 5am). I sent her gifts, letters, and such. I guess she didn't see all the effort I was putting into the relationship, trying to make it work, and focused in on the fact that I wasn't making regular trips out to see her (I know probably I should have). She dumped me for a guy she had only known for about 3 months, and was married within 4 months. Taught me a valuable lesson. Don't base a relationship on pity, and don't date girls with serious problems with emotional stability, it isn't worth it.

BTW she did take meds for her depression and panic attacks.

wannabelaybabe

Apr 22, 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #32 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
No, we just want you to stay the hell out of the way so we can do it ourselves because it'll get done better by us, anyway! :wink:

haha... wonder if anyone will catch the itty-bitty writing :wink:

and who can't laugh at a guy swingin' around WOO-WOO! on purpose that is... there was one roomie that just let it hang while watching tv... PUT IT AWAY!!!

cantbuymefriends

Apr 22, 2004, 9:06 AM
Post #33 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
No, we just want you to stay the hell out of the way so we can do it ourselves because it'll get done better by us, anyway! :wink:

Well then, why don't you? Instead of asking for help? :roll: :wink:

Partner tradman

Apr 22, 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #34 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Because subconciously they both love and hate the idea of needing a woman in their life

So true, and so sad. Men want women because it's normal to want someone to love and be loved by. Unfortunately many women are so manipulative and self-centered that having them in your life is horrible.

wildtrail

Apr 22, 2004, 3:37 PM
Post #35 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
tah dah! the big 10,000 congrats man. Good form to mention "your better half" in the post. I bow down before you. You post whore you!

so honored to be quoted in it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Marge. Don't bow down to me, though. I'm still not perfect. Better than a lot of men, maybe, but not perfect. I just try to do the best I can to make my wife happy and the best I can to the women around me.

In reply to:
God Steve, you better be the luckiest man on the planet because if she's all that then there has got to be at least a 50/50 shot she could get someone better than you!!! :wink: :wink:

Something I already realize. Why do you think I do the best I can? :lol:

coach

Apr 22, 2004, 4:00 PM
Post #36 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oaky, some great comments here and some humorous!

I've been married to the same wonderful lady for 32 years now. I haven't learned all there is to this but enough to not get hit, nagged or bitched at regularly.

Yes, men need to feel wanted and loved (and so do you ladies!). It gives us a sense of importance and justifys our existence. Yes we do have some quirky habits but with tender love (and constant reminding!) we can be taught to put the toilet seat down. Just don't expect too much, too soon.

If any of you guys out there really believe that the ladies need us around the house, I am here to tell you forget it. Having a wife only 5' 3" I found that during my many trips abroad with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (USMC) my wife had no trouble getting things from high shelves, learning to use a hammer and screwdriver correctly, keeping the yardwork up, hand the finances and fix car problems!

Quite a shock to get home after a year or more overseas to find that the house wasn't in ruins, kids doing fine, the car wasn't destroyed and our finances weren't near ruin.

All that didn't mean that she didn't miss me or wish I had been there. It only proved that life went on and she was more than capable of getting along in my absences.

Steve gave some great tips and many of them I use myself but the one thing that has meant more is understanding that your wife, girlfriend or significant other is an individual, with their own desires, dreams and goals. Respect that fact and give them the space and time to pursue those, always remaining supportive for when they need it.

I may not be the brightest guy around and you may not agree with me but I have a loving wife who is much smarter than me and whose career exceeds my own today. She said nothing when I went out and bought a new motorcycle and even attended a rally with me last year, she encouraged me to go to Oozefest this year even though she could not attend or climb, has supported me taking long climbing trips every year and still loves me in spite of my faults. :wink:

Go figure!

mattdog

Apr 22, 2004, 4:27 PM
Post #37 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hear ya bro... I think its alot of give and take. I've only been married for less than I year so I definitely don't have all the answers.

wildtrail

Apr 22, 2004, 4:41 PM
Post #38 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Steve gave some great tips and many of them I use myself but the one thing that has meant more is understanding that your wife, girlfriend or significant other is an individual, with their own desires, dreams and goals. Respect that fact and give them the space and time to pursue those, always remaining supportive for when they need it.

Damn straight!

wannabelaybabe

Apr 22, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #39 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So true, and so sad. Men want women because it's normal to want someone to love and be loved by. Unfortunately many women are so manipulative and self-centered that having them in your life is horrible.

OUCH, that was harsh :( :(

mattdog

Apr 22, 2004, 5:07 PM
Post #40 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

OUCH, that was harsh :( :(

He's not talking about you, sweetie.

iltripp

Apr 22, 2004, 5:58 PM
Post #41 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
don't date girls with serious problems with emotional stability, it isn't worth it.

And where exactly do you find one without serious problems with emotional stability????

amstone

Apr 22, 2004, 7:45 PM
Post #42 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We all have our own 'issues'.....We are 13 years later and despite differences and 'quirks', my dear husband is still my first choice to hang out with. It is so important to have a friendship because when the sparks wear off.......

mattdog

Apr 22, 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #43 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
We all have our own 'issues'.....We are 13 years later and despite differences and 'quirks', my dear husband is still my first choice to hang out with. It is so important to have a friendship because when the sparks wear off.......

Sparks wear OFF?!?! *BLASPHEMY*

I plan on spanking that hot booty till I'm old and gray. :twisted:

cantbuymefriends

Apr 23, 2004, 6:30 AM
Post #44 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
and who can't laugh at a guy swingin' around WOO-WOO! on purpose that is... there was one roomie that just let it hang while watching tv... PUT IT AWAY!!!

Well, you know... I don't have to swing around and go WOO-WOO, my gf laughs at me anyway... :(

curt

Apr 23, 2004, 8:41 AM
Post #45 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Things I Have Learned about Women (Part 1)

I have learned this:

The argument that you just won with your wife is not yet over. :D

Curt

Partner tradman

Apr 23, 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #46 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
OUCH, that was harsh

In reply to:

Oops yeah sorry, that wasn't directed at you. In fact it wasn't really directed at anyone in particular.

I just think it's sad that there's such a disparity between the delight and warmth which is so prevelant in the men's comments and the bitterness and disrespect which marks so many of the womens'.

mattdog

Apr 23, 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #47 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
OUCH, that was harsh

In reply to:

Oops yeah sorry, that wasn't directed at you. In fact it wasn't really directed at anyone in particular.

I just think it's sad that there's such a disparity between the delight and warmth which is so prevelant in the men's comments and the bitterness and disrespect which marks so many of the womens'.

I hear ya... Keri graduated from college on her own own, raised her (now "our") son for 4 years by herself and still has a great personality to boot. So, needless to say, she's not one of those life-sucking beasts you named.

Partner tradman

Apr 23, 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #48 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
she's not one of those life-sucking beasts you named

Well, she comes across as a real sweetheart in her posts. Hang on. Keri had a son? Wow, she got her figure back all right! Nice one!

:lol:

mattdog

Apr 23, 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #49 of 49 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
she's not one of those life-sucking beasts you named

Well, she comes across as a real sweetheart in her posts. Hang on. Keri had a son? Wow, she got her figure back all right! Nice one!

:lol:

Yeah, I'd boink her.

...oh wait... :twisted:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook