RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

climbian

Apr 9, 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #1 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

moab
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

any one headed in the general direction of moab starting the week of april 20th. if so get in touch. I personally own a full rack and as of now early in the season feel comfortable on 5.8 - 5.9 range up for sport or bouldering too as well

tbryant

Apr 15, 2004, 9:40 PM
Post #2 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Re: moab [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be heading that way from Denver on the 23rd. Basically, a friend who will be passing through there offered to drop me off. So I would need someone to schlep me around for the weekend, and bring me back to Denver on the 25th. I'll be there early on the 23rd, so it'd be 2-3 days of climbing.

Let me know if you are interested.

Terry

moabbeth

Apr 15, 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #3 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you head down to IC you can probably find partners, there's a good crowd out there right now. Just came from there. Temps were perfect. As for Moab, if you strike out here, head by Pagan Mountaineering in town (McStiff's Plaza) and see who's around...Janine there is way cool and can tell ya who's around town or who's been coming in looking for climbing partners. Or worst comes to worst, drive over to Potash Rd and wander up to whoever is climbing and say "hey, I've got an extra rope and gear, wanna put up a couple more TR's" and most people will say sure and climb with ya. Good luck.

And if you totally strike out with a climbing partner, head up the River Road (the 128) 7 miles north of town and you'll see Big Bend bouldering area...tons of problems up there to keep ya busy. Have fun and good luck!

Partner calamity_chk

Apr 15, 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #4 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm heading out in late may. not sure how much roped climbing i'll be doing, but i could probably be pursuaded into bouldering - just dont tell anyone. hee hee.

kalifornia_kid_

Apr 17, 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #5 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Friend and I will be in Moab @ adventure inn 26th and climb the 27th...Looking for local climber and/or beta... :?: Then on to Denver.

marklaitys

Apr 23, 2004, 5:24 PM
Post #6 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am down for Moab. I would love to go next week - say 26th on. I got stuff on Sun. but after that I've got 2 weeks off. I don't have a car but I can help pay for gas. Let's get out of this snow!!!

Mark

petsfed

Apr 23, 2004, 6:05 PM
Post #7 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Will be down there next weekend. Probably ticking the uberpopular routes at supercrack so I don't have to go back there again.

Partner camhead

Apr 23, 2004, 8:06 PM
Post #8 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be at 'da Creek for pretty much all of may, or until it gets unbearably hot. Look for a poser in a red toyota tacoma with a white shell, climbing stickers, texas plates, and a hot girlfriend. I'll be the fat dude at the crag hangdogging incredible handcrack while looking for a hex placement.

fweeeeep.

kalifornia_kid_

May 8, 2004, 4:13 AM
Post #9 of 11 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nothing like planning a trip to moab, then it rains like cats and dogs the day before you are going to climb there. We drove out to Fisher Towers anyway and tried hiking around. After being in knee deep mud we decided that wouldnt be a great idea so it turned into a picture day. Sure snapped a hell of a lot of pictures of Utah that day. Adventure in was great to us though. Thanks adventure in... 4X4 a must there for sure especially during the rain. The road to the towers is well groomed. as well but to get into the back country unless you are an avid hiker or ride a horse, saddle up for some good back country 4X4'n. They do have great rentals there to as well if you are into the touring they have these really cool tours aswell.

odenthrutch

Mar 4, 2012, 5:00 PM
Post #10 of 11 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbian] moab [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're looking for a partner and can't find one. Check out Windgate Adventures in Moab. They guide at all of the climbing areas and will teach you all of the techniques to climb in the desert. They also guide Castleton, Ancient Art and many other wild desert towers.
Oh Yeah! Time to climb!
http://www.windgateadventures.com

anarkhos

Mar 6, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #11 of 11 (3414 views)
Shortcut

Re: [odenthrutch] moab [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, this thread is eight years old.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook