RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

wyattearp

May 9, 2004, 11:46 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

My Woodie!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just a shot of my new climibng wall I have been building, PM me with any questions!

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=Show&PhotoID=31695

josephine

May 10, 2004, 5:34 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

josephine moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

josephine moved this thread from General to Indoor Gyms.

chizelz

May 10, 2004, 1:59 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Re: My Woodie! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Done, looks like an impressive wall. How about some more information about it.... where is it, it looks like you have more height available if you wanted it... what stopped you at that height?? What is the total square footage? (climbable area) Is the angled/overhang portion adjustable? (from your other pics) Looks Great!

wyattearp

May 10, 2004, 6:50 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I built it up at a warehouse(my buddies), I did not go higher because of financial issues, and once I reached the 12 foot mark, I ran into steel supports so longer 2 by 4 studs! Uhhh none of it is adjustable, I wanted to tdo this, but just decided other wise! I have the ability to continue framing to the roof, but this would require alot more money and time! I mainly boulder, so I am able to get a killer workout, wiht just this, I like your wall to chizelz, do you think you will add some modular wood features, to allow for a little more fun! YThanks for the compliment, it has been fun tio build it!

chizelz

May 10, 2004, 7:26 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:shock: wow you have a buddie, who let you build your boldering/climbing wall in his warehouse..... nice! How high is the warehouse? or how much height would you have available to you? Financial issues... I hear yea! its a pretty expensive hobby, but so addictive. Thank you Wyattearp. I do plan on adding some modular wood elements to my wall, I am so glad that I opted for a strict t-nut pattern, this will allow me to make the elements truely modular, and be able to place them anywhere on the wall without too much fuss. I modular elements that are in the planning/design stages. All small elements that can easily manipulated by one person. I'll post some pics of the progress.

What do you wish you would have done?? (if anything)
Plans for future additions??
Wish list??

wyattearp

May 10, 2004, 9:36 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah but now he is able to charge peeps to climb on it, its in a gymnastics facility, so... I teach little kids on the weekends, for extra cash! Uh, I would have done alot of things different, mainly just making it more angular and varied! It is easy to get really bored climbing at the same 3 angles for months at a time.... but since there is no gym here in Kona, this is it...... I may actually build another wall for a family in their home, mainly for their children, it would be a bouldering wall, so im excited about that, plus they will pay me to do it! So im stoked on this next wall it may be a little bit smaller, but it will resemble a gym like wall with many built in features/angles/etc... cant wait to get started will keep all posted on progress.....

canaan

May 10, 2004, 9:52 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice wall...I've got the adjustable portions on mine but not much in way of height.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Photographer=canaan
A coupla pics on the wall. Not real clear but there are two independently adjustable 16 ft sections. I'm still buying holds to add more routes. More fun than a person could ever have.

redpointron

May 10, 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #8 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wyatt....

do you have the wholeso ill line? they make some sweet stuff. please post some photos with you climbing...it helps put the wall in perspective.

i have some of the same holds....see here...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...n=Show&PhotoID=30366

r.r.

wyattearp

May 11, 2004, 7:37 AM
Post #9 of 9 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey redpoint

So far I have the starter Kit
the stomach pump
hypertension
and the healing!

I wishg I had their whole line<..... I must say your wall looks so sweet and allthe colors of holds makes me wanna keep ordering more,.......

must stop myself.... from picking up.... the phone...Dan....Dan quick I need more holds now......

ahhhh must stop

:D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook