RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner taino

May 25, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Adding to Gear Database?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all,

I've been trying to add gear reviews of the stuff I have. I've noticed that there are some things that I have that aren't listed in the gear database, but when I attempt to add those things (off the top of my head - Black Diamond Positron biners) I'm told that I don't have the authorization.

Fair enough. How do I get them added?

T

overlord

May 25, 2004, 4:50 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Re: Adding to Gear Database? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thats probably a bug. i was able to add gear when i wanted to.

Partner cliffhanger9

May 25, 2004, 5:21 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Having been asked this a few times via PM here is a little guide i have come up with...

==========

1) Search for the product via the little search box in the upper right hand side of the Gear Guide home page (unlike the forum search http://images/...es/icon_rolleyes.gif this one is 99.9% accurate!)

If the product is found then go on to step 2.

If it is not found there is a chance it is not in the Gear Guide.
Search again using different, broader terms. If it still is not found then you can add the product to the Gear Guide by clicking the little http://www.rockclimbing.com/...english/icon_add.gif button near the top of the appropriate page (be sure to look around the Gear Guide to find the right category to post it in to minimize the work for the hard working volunteers here on the site that have to
manage the 2000+ products that we have in there! http://images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ). Then fill in the appropriate information for the product - name, price, description, etc. Note: the description is not a reveiw. It is a factual list of features and specs, usually just copied from a catalog or the manufacturers website. Anyway once you submit a new product...

2) On the page of the product you will see the blue link that reads Rate This Product (see red arrow)

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/...gs/GGhowToReview.jpg

Click that and then you will get the Rating/Review page where you can click the rating you would give it on a scale of 1-5 where 1 is unnacceptable 3 is you average product and 5 is exceptional, and then write your review on the product. Things like pros and cons, quality, your experience with the product, and any other info you think would be relevant for someone looking to buy a [insert product here] are always good things to include in a review.

There is also a little feature (which is more for fun then anything else) called the Gear Rack where you can keep track of what gear you have collected, and a Wishlist (see green arrow above) of what products you are interested in and would like to get. All of the above mentioned features will show up in your profile (you can click my name to see what reviews I have submitted and have on my rack etc.)

===========

anyone should be able to add gear

only the gear managers have autorization to edit the products and the product categories - modify, delete, move, etc.

please PM the gear guide manager for that section (the name is at the top of the category pages) if you are having problems or think there is something that needs to be edited, relinked, moved, recategorized etc. we are always welcoming suggestions on how to make this tool THE place on the internet where people come to learn about gear and submit their reviews

rock on!! :mrgreen:

Dan
Gear Guide Manager

Partner taino

May 25, 2004, 5:57 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Huzzah!

Thanks, Dan!

T

Partner p_grandbois

May 25, 2004, 6:03 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What a nice post, brings a tear to my eye.....

Partner cliffhanger9

May 25, 2004, 6:10 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What a nice post, brings a tear to my eye.....

aww schucks... :oops:

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook