Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Front Range climbing partners - ongoing thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

onetruthclimber

Jul 8, 2004, 1:29 PM
Post #1126 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Re: Next 14'er [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi my name is Daniel Cooper my brother and i are planning a trip to the denver area to do some climbing. we are wanting to climb saturday (10th) and sunday(11th). My brother is around a 5-10 climber and i'm about a 5-9 we would love do do some multi-pitch climbs but neither of us have ever been able too (rock is just not tall enough in Missouri) if anyone would like to hook up and do some climbing drop me a line.

timstich

Jul 8, 2004, 2:21 PM
Post #1127 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Daniel,

Sounds like you have a partner already. If you want some easy multi-pitch route suggestions, say what kind of rock you are interested in, the type of climb (trad, sport, etc.) and I'm sure we can list some good routes. If you can get out during the week, all the better. Have fun.

onetruthclimber

Jul 8, 2004, 4:16 PM
Post #1128 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is Daniel, we are looking for good sport routes single pitch if possible. I mentioned multi-pitch because we have never done one and would both love to learn

heather2004

Jul 8, 2004, 5:41 PM
Post #1129 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

weekend climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone want to climb with me this weekend? I'm not picky about where, as long as there are some moderates. Sport or trad is cool.

capn_morgan

Jul 8, 2004, 8:39 PM
Post #1130 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys. I am heading out on a road trip tommorow and will be in CO the middle of next week. I would like to meet up with someone for some climbing the weekend of the 16th-18th. Pm me if you ar einterested. I will be in CO springs midweek visiitng a friend. I would really like to do some long easy alpine stuff....flatirons maybe? I have never Climbed in CO so everywehere will be a new. I am up for anything, alpine, trad, sport, aid. I will be living out of my car so I can meet you anywhere. I will be able to check the site every few days so I can get back to you. i you leace a phone number I Will call you to work things out. I am driving a BLue Subaru Wagon with Green VT plates. If anyone sees me kicking around come say HI

llama

Jul 8, 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #1131 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello everyone, I need to find a partner to climb with Friday afternoon (the 9th). I'd really like to get out to Eldo or Boulder Canyon. I lead up to 5.8 trad and have a rack and ropes. PM me if interested.

crazyfingers

Jul 8, 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1132 of 7199 (226342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok here's why buying a house sucks... Just finished the inspection on the place were trying to buy, turns out there are radon issues (twice the recommended levels), a cat peed on the furnace (mmm cat pee smells good :roll: ), the crawl space is wet and the main power feed into the house is exposed to the insulation. Cost to fix all this crap roughly 5k and the place is only 5 yrs old... hope the sellers will pay for it.

What makes things worse, is my wife's grandfather is very ill and is having a life threatening surgery tommorw following a minor heart attack earlier in the week. Ain't life grand?

Pardon the rant, I don't mean to bring any unneeded drama to anybody's lives, sometimes it feels good to vent. Again really sorry to the Springs crew for bailing on them today...

:evil: Fn' cat... Maybe I'll be able to climb one of these days, your humble high maintenance belay slave,

KT

nthusiastj

Jul 9, 2004, 4:27 AM
Post #1133 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah Holly, if it's nice I will spot the shit out of it! But I still give props to the hard climber chicks.

bustinmins

Jul 9, 2004, 3:15 PM
Post #1134 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
ok here's why buying a house sucks... Just finished the inspection on the place were trying to buy, turns out there are radon issues (twice the recommended levels), a cat peed on the furnace (mmm cat pee smells good :roll: ), the crawl space is wet and the main power feed into the house is exposed to the insulation. Cost to fix all this crap roughly 5k and the place is only 5 yrs old... hope the sellers will pay for it.

What makes things worse, is my wife's grandfather is very ill and is having a life threatening surgery tommorw following a minor heart attack earlier in the week. Ain't life grand?

Pardon the rant, I don't mean to bring any unneeded drama to anybody's lives, sometimes it feels good to vent. Again really sorry to the Springs crew for bailing on them today...

:evil: Fn' cat... Maybe I'll be able to climb one of these days, your humble high maintenance belay slave,

KT

Hello Humble High Maintenance Belay Slave,

When it rains it pours. Sorry to hear about your relative and his surgery. I hope all goes well. I'll be on the cell if you want to chat.

As far as the house goes, MMMMM cat pee! LOL That sux! The good thing is now that these details have surfaced, the owners are required to disclose them to other potential buyers. This means they'll probably pay for it all. If not, then they get to sit on it longer.... :)

I know how frustrating it can be. BELIEVE ME. If you want to bail out of work sometime soon - head out for a hike or a climb - let me know.

Good luck and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Peace,

JD

mother_sheep

Jul 9, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #1135 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I know how frustrating it can be. BELIEVE ME. If you want to bail out of work sometime soon - head out for a hike or a climb - let me know.

You should go to the community and check out my "Sick Day Excuses" thread, should you decide to take James up on his offer.

crazyfingers

Jul 9, 2004, 8:23 PM
Post #1136 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the kind words folks, regretably Kim's grandfather passed away early this morning before the surgery was attempted. We are on our way to MN tomorrow for the wake Sunday and the funeral Monday. He was 85, had a long wonderful life and a big loving family. Celebrate his life by bringing joy to your own.

James, I'll call you when we get back into town. Need to get out hiking more. Mother_sheep the excuses thread will be very helpful. ;) Jeremy, stop looking at my wife's ass.

Climb on,

KT

bustinmins

Jul 11, 2004, 3:46 AM
Post #1137 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thanks for the kind words folks, regretably Kim's grandfather passed away early this morning before the surgery was attempted. We are on our way to MN tomorrow for the wake Sunday and the funeral Monday. He was 85, had a long wonderful life and a big loving family. Celebrate his life by bringing joy to your own.

James, I'll call you when we get back into town. Need to get out hiking more. Mother_sheep the excuses thread will be very helpful. ;) Jeremy, stop looking at my wife's ass.

Climb on,

KT

I'm sorry for your loss. You've got a hike when you call for it. I have three friends that are are hiking up in the Gore Creek area next weekend. I'll ask the lead if all the spots are filled - if not, that would be a nice simple overnight backpack if you want to go?

Tell your wife that I'm sorry for her family's loss.

Jeremy - try not to be so obvious. I mean we all know it's choice but geeze! ;)

See you when you return.

Peace and happiness,

JD

nthusiastj

Jul 12, 2004, 1:13 AM
Post #1138 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hope everything goes good Kyle. Sorry about the news.

mother_sheep

Jul 13, 2004, 5:08 AM
Post #1139 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone besides me and zozo want to head to Penitente (sp?) this weekend? I'm thinking about taking my sons camping/climbing. Similar to the Shelf Rd. outing but waaaaaaayyyyy less kids. It would be nice for my boys to have another kiddo or 2 to play with while we climb and camp.

and

When accessing Sharkstooth via sky pond, you approach (left to right) Sharkstooth, The Petit, The Saber and what. . .Is that formation next to the Saber Zowie? I'm looking to get on Zowie mid-week within the next couple of weeks. It will be a Wed night bivy/Thurs up at the butt crack of dawn and climb kinda thing. I may need a partner. My regulars are probably working. Would prefer to get out in Eldo and climb some trad first with anyone new though. Please PM me if interested.

THANKS!!!

timstich

Jul 13, 2004, 2:24 PM
Post #1140 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Tracey,

Remember that formation I pointed out down in the valley that looked exactly like the Petit Grepon but on the Andrew Glacier side? That's Zowie.

mother_sheep

Jul 13, 2004, 3:11 PM
Post #1141 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ohhh. Do you remember that rather large looking formation that was furthest to the right on the South side? Do you know what that one is? And let me know if you can get a sick/vacation day next week.

timstich

Jul 13, 2004, 4:25 PM
Post #1142 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ohhh. Do you remember that rather large looking formation that was furthest to the right on the South side? Do you know what that one is?

The spire that was to the right of the Sabre? There were at least two. No idea what they were called. I thought I had taken a picture of Zowie, but it's hidden by the side of Sharkstooth. It looks every bit as cool as the Petit. There is a rather large right slanting ledge system at the base. There are so many spires to climb out there in both valleys it isn't even funny.

In reply to:
And let me know if you can get a sick/vacation day next week.

Can't make it, as I'll be using some vacation to move. Thanks for the invite! Perhaps we can conspire on some plan for late August? I'm up for another dose of alpine granite. I'll be getting a better climbing pack and some other goodies.

mother_sheep

Jul 13, 2004, 4:38 PM
Post #1143 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thanks for the invite! Perhaps we can conspire on some plan for late August? I'm up for another dose of alpine granite. I'll be getting a better climbing pack and some other goodies.

We can certainly do that. And hell, I'm just so darn happy that you brought the toilet paper last time!!! :lol:

timstich

Jul 13, 2004, 5:13 PM
Post #1144 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And hell, I'm just so darn happy that you brought the toilet paper last time!!! :lol:

Ah yes. I never forget that. Incidentally, if you are headed back to climb something in the area we were in, Frank Stock sort of poo pooed Zowie over The Petit, which he found to be merely OK. May as well do the Petit midweek. Two ropes for the raps, ay? Ha ha ha! Or you could just reuse that rap point we made. Better yet, booty those biners. Ha ha ha!

nthusiastj

Jul 14, 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #1145 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's REALLY fucking hot outside! Maybe I am a puss but I used like a 55 gal. drum of chalk the other day.
Am I gonna have to propose a high altitude get together to beat the heat?

zozo

Jul 14, 2004, 2:08 AM
Post #1146 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The last weekend of July Im thinking of two bagging Redcloud and Sunshine in the San Juans. Leave on Friday. Kick it's butt on saturday and come home sunday.

Come one come all.

mother_sheep

Jul 14, 2004, 5:25 AM
Post #1147 of 7199 (226340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The last weekend of July Im thinking of two bagging Redcloud and Sunshine in the San Juans. Leave on Friday. Kick it's butt on saturday and come home sunday.

Come one come all.

Any way possible that you would reschedule this for Aug? I will be on The Prow on Kit Carson that weekend and really want to do those peaks with you. ****insert sad puppy dog eyes here****(hey, it works on my sons!!!!)

zozo

Jul 14, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #1148 of 7199 (226341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Any way possible that you would reschedule this for Aug? I will be on The Prow on Kit Carson that weekend and really want to do those peaks with you. [insert sad ouooy dog eyes here] (hey, it works on my sons!!!!)

Thats do-able. I need to take a trip that weekend though. Anyone have any suggestions? Something my dog could do. He's a metro! Anyone know anything about rawa(sp) wilderness? san miguel? An easy to moderate 14'er. Im going to want some company.

The sad doggy eyes.....have....no....effect......on.....................me..............................

timstich

Jul 14, 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #1149 of 7199 (226341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's REALLY f---ing hot outside! Maybe I am a puss but I used like a 55 gal. drum of chalk the other day.
Am I gonna have to propose a high altitude get together to beat the heat?

That sounds like a good idea.

bustinmins

Jul 14, 2004, 5:48 PM
Post #1150 of 7199 (226341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Zozo - I'm hiking the Gore Creek trail this weekend. I say hiking, a simple one night backpack trip. If you want to come along - we have room for one more. I'd imagine that puppies are welcome on this trail. Its fairly easy in the beginning with a huge push upward to the source of the creek near the end. First time out backpacking in many years. Once I see how my knees do on this trip - I'll be up for a 14'er of a moderate/easy variety.

Mother_sheep - I'm all over Eldo on the 23rd and possibly on the 24th if you want to get together. Let me know.

JD

In reply to:
In reply to:

Any way possible that you would reschedule this for Aug? I will be on The Prow on Kit Carson that weekend and really want to do those peaks with you. [insert sad ouooy dog eyes here] (hey, it works on my sons!!!!)

Thats do-able. I need to take a trip that weekend though. Anyone have any suggestions? Something my dog could do. He's a metro! Anyone know anything about rawa(sp) wilderness? san miguel? An easy to moderate 14'er. Im going to want some company.

The sad doggy eyes.....have....no....effect......on.....................me..............................

First page Previous page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook