Premier Sponsor:

onbelay_osu

Aug 30, 2004, 5:04 PM
Post #1 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

modest mouse
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was just wondering if anyone else here is a modest mouse fan...and no not because of the new album...i have been listening to modest mouse for a while but now i am an addict...just wondering!

pinnaclechick

Aug 30, 2004, 5:17 PM
Post #2 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Re: modest mouse [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The college station I listen to plays a lot of Modest Mouse, but I never know that one of their songs is playing till afterwards when the DJ says "and that was Modest Mouse with...."
I'm told the singer does sort of sound like a mouse. Maybe that's why the songs are unremarkable to me..

mowz

Aug 30, 2004, 8:32 PM
Post #3 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No.

maculated

Aug 30, 2004, 8:50 PM
Post #4 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Modest mouse is like sushi: you either love it or you have to acquire a taste for it. I finally did the latter. In fact, the new CD is my climbing soundtrack for the summer. I will always and forever associate it with Yosemite.

kachoong

Aug 30, 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #5 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...My mouse humbly clicks on all the right places, unassuming in its intentions and knowing it will lead to the least offensive websites... I suppose you could call that modest....

elvislegs

Aug 30, 2004, 10:29 PM
Post #6 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i have every album.

if you really like them, you need to see them play live, if they come to your town. seeing an artist perform their music always transforms it for me; sometimes in a good way and sometimes bad.
in the case of modest mouse, their live show really sealed the deal. a total no bullsh-t performance. no funky lights, no effects, just rockkkkkkknnnnnnrooooooolllll, performed spectacularly.

also got to talk to isaac brock a bit after the show. he doesn't sound like a mouse, but he has a bit of a lisp. cool guy, from what i could tell.

"...she was goin with a cinematographer...."

areyoumydude

Aug 31, 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #7 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

also got to talk to isaac brock a bit after the show. he doesn't sound like a mouse, but he has a bit of a lisp. cool guy, from what i could tell.

He thoundth thuper. Did you get hith phone number.

elvislegs

Aug 31, 2004, 2:00 AM
Post #8 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

heh.

olaf_de_climb

Aug 31, 2004, 4:46 AM
Post #9 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

they are an incredible band, but their new cd is incredibly bad.

the lonesome crowded west is without a doubt one of the best albums made in the past fifteen years. literally, a masterpiece.

i've seen them play twice. the first time they were on coke, so weren't too hot.

second time, however, was amazing. thirty five minute version of cowboy dan. god damn.

photon

Aug 31, 2004, 3:32 PM
Post #10 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

they are OK, nothing groundbreaking or fresh in anyway, a wanne be Pixies band.

"the lonesome crowded west is without a doubt one of the best albums made in the past fifteen years. literally, a masterpiece. "

assuming your album collection consists of Modest Mouse, Right Said Fred and Chaka Kahn.

olaf_de_climb

Aug 31, 2004, 7:30 PM
Post #11 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
they are OK, nothing groundbreaking or fresh in anyway, a wanne be Pixies band.

"the lonesome crowded west is without a doubt one of the best albums made in the past fifteen years. literally, a masterpiece. "

assuming your album collection consists of Modest Mouse, Right Said Fred and Chaka Kahn.

Ok, then you dont like it. So?

Jesus, when did this site become overrun by chuds?

photon

Aug 31, 2004, 7:57 PM
Post #12 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, then you like it. So?

olaf_de_climb

Aug 31, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #13 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ok, then you like it. So?

Quiet before I take your brown wings.

jlc325i

Sep 1, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #14 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Modest mouse is the opitome of suck. Their lyrics never seem to be particularly about anything, tones are too mellow, and I have yet to witness any true musical talent from them. It's garbage. If float on comes on the radio i change the station, and I am never one to do that. Now all these pop music losers are like 'MODEST MOUSE IS AWESOME', and I try to fight the overbearing urge to vomit on them. I would group them with Moby and REM as I get confused whether to kill myself or go on a killing spree when their music plays (I'm not serious about such actions if anyone freaks, but again i hate that music)... lame

greyicewater

Sep 1, 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #15 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

... i've been a fan since way back, then they completely sold out. i thought they would never do that because they've had so many albums before tha stupid song. they're deffinately a one hit wonder. they're going to crash hard. but yes, i do like their older stuff.

olaf_de_climb

Sep 1, 2004, 7:00 PM
Post #16 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... i've been a fan since way back, then they completely sold out. i thought they would never do that because they've had so many albums before tha stupid song. they're deffinately a one hit wonder. they're going to crash hard. but yes, i do like their older stuff.

Precisely. Their new CD is nothing short of atrocious. It is a real shame, but oh well, happens to many good bands.

Frankly, even their older stuff is becoming tiresome with me. Its just a shame that they threw away what was once such a dang interesting and unique type of music. Oh well.

bilias

Sep 1, 2004, 9:34 PM
Post #17 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Modest Mouse rock it hard. I agree to an extent on the new album being over-produced and all, but hey they've been at it forever, I think they deserve a break. So yeah, there will be a group of cheerleaders rolling in their VW's singing "Float On" for the next couple months. So what? They've gotta get paid somehow.
BTW, this post is strictly IMHO and I do not intend to kindle any fires with it.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook