Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Come and climb with us in Skaha this weekend!!!May18-20
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

kelownaclimber

May 15, 2002, 4:43 AM
Post #1 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Come and climb with us in Skaha this weekend!!!May18-20  (North_America: Canada: British_Columbia: Okanagan: zz)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Hey everyone,
For those of you that are NOT aready camping with us at Wonderful Waterworld Campground and are really BLOWING IT, you can still make it for a day and only slightly be BLOWING IT!!We can hook up with you in the morning at the parking lot.Here's to shoe rubber,chalk dust,and big air!!!
It's gonna be a blast,hope to see you there Sat,Sun,or Mon.

[ This Message was edited by: cass on 2002-05-15 05:30 ]

krustyklimber

May 15, 2002, 6:11 AM
Post #2 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Come and climb with us in Skaha this weekend!!!May18-20 [In reply to]
Report this Post

Yeah what he said!!!
Really though if you can get there DO! That part of Canada is spectacular, the srublands will be in bloom and still green, the breeze will be crisp and fresh... and the rock is so awesome I can't even begin to put it into words, it's climbing concentrate, boiled down to it's purest form!
The climbers coalition up there has done an excellent job of building trails, outhouses, and putting together one of the funnest and friendliest climbing areas I've ever been!
Mike/Kelownaclimber has been an excellent host so far, and has been checking on me to make sure that I make it there and even offered to shuttle me around!
Watch for a beaming and obviously biased trip report from me next week!
I have a ride and I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!

Jeff

smellydude

May 15, 2002, 6:35 AM
Post #3 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well I unfortunately will not be partaking in the festivities...... Work is as always rearing its ugly head at me during that weekend so catch some of that fabulous Skaha airtime for me.

Dave

kman

May 15, 2002, 6:37 AM
Post #4 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I am heading up there on Friday night from Vancouver. I have room for 1 more, so if any one needs a ride pm me.

krustyklimber

May 15, 2002, 6:42 AM
Post #5 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Aww Dave, that's too bad! You are one of the mentally unstable C'nucks I was most looking forward to seeing! They would've had to yell at us to stop giggling like school kids all weekend.

Oh well there's always bouldering there at the lighthouse park, Eh? Maybe the little woman and I will come up later this summer and she can do some serious shopping with her 'Merrican Greenbacks while we do some serious granite pullin' in the park!
Keep crankin' out those cartoons you know I love 'em!!!

Jeff

bcmtngrrrl

May 15, 2002, 3:02 PM
Post #6 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

After some begging, pleading, groveling, some crying and a little bribe I got Saturday off work! Lookin' forward to meeting everyone.

kelownaclimber

May 15, 2002, 11:35 PM
Post #7 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Cheryl,
Would you guys..er...and gals like to meet us in the parking lot at about 9.Are you coming in Fri. night??If so stop by Waterworld and say hi.We should be there by about 7p.m. fri. night.I gotta work for a bit on FRi. which does this but thinking about the weekend does this Let us know what you are up to,Kman is gonna roll in FRi. night and four more friends from Van.Krusty and the others will be there Sat.It';s gonna be soooooo cool to meet all of you!!!

bcmtngrrrl

May 16, 2002, 4:59 AM
Post #8 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

We should be rolling in around lunch'ish on Saturday. I have no idea what our plan is, neither does anyone else. We may meet up with our friend there first, or we may go straight to the bluffs. All I know is we have this guide we've been drooling over for the past few weeks and "the boys" already have a bunch of climbs picked out. We'll definately end up there all of Saturday afternoon. I say "definately" in a weather pending sorta way... Have you people checked the weather report? The rain blows through fast there, right? right? it does doesn't it? please say it does...

kman

May 16, 2002, 5:15 AM
Post #9 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I've checked the weather report for Penticton every day for the last 3 days. They keep changing it

kerouac

May 16, 2002, 5:28 AM
Post #10 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

kelownaclimber/Mike
I'm heading up from Saltspring Isl. to hook up with ktownclimber/Ron. We've cancelled our res. at WW to camp on a friend's acreage on the lake but hope to catch you guys in the parking lot or in the bluffs Saturday morning.
Climb hard.

kelownaclimber

May 17, 2002, 12:47 PM
Post #11 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

We will be arriving at Wonderful Waterworld early Fri. afternoon,about 5 or so.Any of you can hook up with us there or meet us in the parking lot Sat. morning at 9 or so.We will leave a message on the bulletin board as to where we will be if you arrive a little late.I see some of you are a little concerned about the weather.It is a little unsettled,however that said it normally doesn't rain for long or hard here in God's country..he.he..Seriously though it is very typical for the rain clouds to get pushed off to the side of the valley by the warm air rising from the lake.It's very common to look up in the hills here and see it pissin heavy and not feel a drop all day at the climbing areas.Even if it rains there are plenty of steep routes you can find that stay dry all the time.We(Aneeta and I) look very forward to meeting all of you and getting some awesome climbing in.I have promised some friends a couple hard onsight attempts so watch for the flying or is that flailing climber

kelownaclimber

May 17, 2002, 1:07 PM
Post #12 of 12 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Oh BTW we drive a 2002 gray Grand-am with some climbing stickers in the side windows.I'm gonna make a RC.com sign of sorts so look for the car or sign.
Cheers,
Mike

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook