RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Partner justin

Jun 10, 2004, 2:08 PM
Post #1 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in South Africa
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm hoping to be in Cape Town over Xmas, mid Dec to mid Jan. Although I'm originally from SA I've not climbed there. Does anybody want to meet up?

I'm planning on having a car and don't mind driving around the country, I've got relatives in Gauteng (damn that sounds funny) so I'm happy to drive anywhere.

I've a rack, ropes etc.

mdc

Jun 13, 2004, 2:22 AM
Post #2 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing in South Africa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i am from cape town. i live in florida now, but my brother and a whole bunch of my old climbing friends are down there.

there is a climbing gym in observatory (really near the city of cape town) and the people there are really nice. city rock.

go pay them a visit and you should not have a hard time finding people to climb with.

if you want drop me an email mdcmim @ msn.com, if you want and i will get hold of my brother and maybe you can organize with him and the city rock people to climb

rockn_j

Jun 13, 2004, 4:06 AM
Post #3 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, I wish I was you!! There is nothing like the rock in South Africa. I miss it way too much. Sorry I can't help you out with a partner, but I know you'll have a great time. You've got me green with envy :D

nira

Sep 24, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #4 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Justin,

I am going to be in Cape Town from December 27-30 and possibly again the next week after New Years. I am looking for a partner to climb with while I am there. I'd love to check out the Rocklands, because I have heard they are spectacular, but I'd also be interested in doing some climbing closer to Cape Town. Unfortunately, I'll be flying from the States, so I won't have a car or much gear. I will bring shoes, chalkbag, and harness and could bring some sport gear. Let me know what your plans are or if you are interested in meeting up with me.

northshoregirl

Oct 14, 2004, 7:15 AM
Post #5 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be in SA from November 22 to December 20. I'm flying in and out of Cape Town (from Canada) and would like to head up to the Kwazulu-Natal in the first half of my trip. I'd like to do some sport or trad up to 5.10's and a bit of hiking as well.

benjack

Oct 18, 2004, 1:54 AM
Post #6 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a bulletin board by South African Climbers on

http://www.climbing.co.za/

where you could also post for partners

Have fun

Benjack

bucephalus

Nov 1, 2004, 6:52 AM
Post #7 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll have moved back to Cape Town in December and will probably go through to Rocklands for some of that time.

Anyone's welcome to come along, so PM me if you need beta etc.

Partner justin

Nov 15, 2004, 8:09 PM
Post #8 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for all the info guys. Plans have changed somewhat and I'll be in Cape Town from 1 - 14 December. I'll only have a harness, shoes etc with me. I'm likely going to try and find a guide as time is a bit limited and I'll be without a rack. If anyone is keen to hook up or knows of any good guides- I'd be grateful for the info. Cheers J

travelguy

Nov 17, 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #9 of 10 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope to be in Cape Town from December through April. Anyone interested, please send me your emails and phone numbers (you can phone me at 212-696-6725) and we can talk before I head out of the USA. I have a full trad rack and plan to rent an apartment so I will probably have crashing space. Maybe I'll have a car, if not we can rent.
I'll go anywhere else in southern Africa, too. I've been to SA 3 times before and also to Zimbabwe twice and Namibia once. I'm up for a road trip, safaris, sailing, scuba diving, paragliding, and other life threatening activities (but only if done safely!)

agomonkey

Dec 20, 2012, 3:33 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bucephalus] Climbing in South Africa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't suppose you are still climbing in South Africa still? Your post is from 2004. I will be visiting end of Feb beginning of March and would like to explore any crags near Durban. I have only seen some in Kwazulu.

I am looking for a partner to sport climb. I can lead a 5.10a and follow a 5.11a.

Let me know if you are still in the area or know which way to direct me. Thanks!

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook