RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

the_alpine

Nov 23, 2004, 3:22 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Alpine 11/23
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Any ideas greatly appreciated...... I personally find the leaves to be a bit distracting but not terrible.

http://www.2ndlight.com/.../attachments/max.jpg

krillen

Nov 23, 2004, 3:42 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alpine 11/23 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't find the leaves distracting, the DOF blur out works for me on this, but I do find the tape and label distracting. Maybe if you had included some other comp. promo stuff (in the background) it would help pull it togther, but right now it takes away from the great movement and dynamic feel fo the pic. It's too bad you can't crop it out, but you can't do much about it.......unless you don't care about cloning in Photoshop ;)

the_pirate

Nov 23, 2004, 6:20 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Krillen's point about the tape is a good one. The only thing I would add to that is thatthe cloud of chalk dust is not readily obvious as such. I looked at it for a minute expecting the image to finish loading and clear up. Not sure what to do about that though. Otherwise, it is another good capture on your part. Oh, and I like the leaves.

fiend

Nov 23, 2004, 7:39 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want nitpicking there's a slight problem with the shadow from his arm cutting across his chin that seems to amputate it a bit.

Unsure of the fix... fill flash?

the_alpine

Nov 23, 2004, 7:59 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for responding guys... A couple good points were brought forward that I knew you guys would catch, a few that I didnt catch. I thought I was being all creative and shizz capturing the route tag in there as well as the talent, but you guys are right - its distracting and somewhat whack. Almost like its litter even. And ya, looking at the RAW file thumbnail I thought "ooh that chalk cloud is gonna be sweeeeet," but no dice.... Its flat and funny lookin'. Any ideas on how to bring out the chalk post-process style? Maybe adjust the color balance on the rock and chalk only as it seems to be a bit cyan. I did use fill flash, but camera mounted. I shoulda switched the trusty D70 to commander mode and moved the flash unit to climbers left and slightly up maybe. I dunno....

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook