Premier Sponsor:

daggerx

May 13, 2002, 2:13 AM
Post #1 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

When to start college.......fall.....or....winter? "colorado
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok I finally decided I am going to colordao mountain college in leadville colorado. But cant decided when to start fall in late augest/ early september or wait till winter and start in febuary. Any of you people go their? When do you think I should start? Pro's? con's?

Thanks ALOT

Partner pianomahnn

May 13, 2002, 2:42 AM
Post #2 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

When to start college.......fall.....or....winter? "colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Starting in the fall is normal...

onbelay_osu

May 14, 2002, 3:34 AM
Post #3 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what is your major???? i was going to go to CMC timberline campus but things fell through i was going to major in outdoor rec!!!!!!

bkpkrn

May 14, 2002, 5:24 AM
Post #4 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude,
unless youre really into snow stuff, start summer, do fall and skip winter. where im from, there aint crap to do in the winter except drink and even that gets old after a while.
n8

daggerx

May 26, 2002, 1:49 AM
Post #5 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im going to major in Adventure Rec. also at CMC temberline. I really dont want to start summer for 2 reasons (sp) 1. I just off school and need a brake and 2.starting next summer I have a job waiting on me. besides I cant say the winters here in michigan are any good to do any thing in. I have herd their is some decent bouldering around leadvilly where the campus is and as long as the winds no one me I'll drink and boulder the winter away.

Thanks and BTT

ponyryan

May 26, 2002, 3:59 AM
Post #6 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I say start fall term, then go to hardcore student mode. Take all the credits you can, every term you can. Get the education out of the way, then live your life. I still climb at my local gym and on some rock on the weekends taking 19+ credits (summer term too). I should be done with my MBA with a couple of minors in 5 years (maybe less if i really push it)

daggerx

Jun 2, 2002, 4:24 AM
Post #7 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude u are crazy, i decided to start winter then only go till may and take the summer off and be a white water guide then in the fall ill start back. and start going all year except summer. Got to take the summers off. I decided i will go to cmc for 2 years then eighter transfer to dorango, utah state , application (sp) state or univerty of alaska.

ponyryan

Jun 2, 2002, 8:16 AM
Post #8 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The way I look at it, right now as a full time student, I can't make enough money to support what I wanna do (climb and paintball). If I get done with school I can enter the job market and support the addictions. If I get done with school sooner, I can start the addictions sooner, ya dig?

cragstar

Jun 4, 2002, 2:00 AM
Post #9 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I deffinatly recomend fall that is the norm for people to start then everyone is trying to meet new people, by winter semester everyone already has their group of friends. not to say that you can't make friends then but there is deffinatly a mind set.

welcome to the world of higher education Its a rollercoaster from hell

[ This Message was edited by: cragstar on 2002-06-03 19:01 ]

ponyryan

Jun 4, 2002, 2:17 AM
Post #10 of 10 (354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cragstar is on to something important. The biggest social events and interaction is for sure fall term. By fall term, the dormies have their buddies set (in my experience). If you're a pretty sociable person (have no problem talking to a perfect stranger), it's not a big problem (I do that for fun on campus). Also, try to take classes that encourage interactivity (communications is a good one) or smaller classes that you're more likely to see the same person over and over and develop a friendship. Either way, on the social aspect, get out there and network. I would even say go early just to meet people and visit the campus.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook