RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

Partner pbcowboy77

Dec 23, 2004, 7:42 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1123 views)
Shortcut

Good day climbing, bad day driving in J-Tree
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd like to start out by thanking the NPS Rangers in Joshua Tree for doing a great job with thier quick response and thier loads of help.

Well I know some people have been trying to find out what happened to me and I'm getting sick of typing it over and over. So here is what happened...

I headed out with Artm on the 9th to J-Tree and climbed with him untill the 10th. On the way out I was behind a mini-van driving about 30mph on the windy bit just before the west gate to leave the park, when my back right tire caught the lip of the road and pulled me into the dirt. From there I started to fish tail. After about 5 or 6 fishtails my front left tire blew, sending me into a roll. I did one full roll and another3/4 roll with a 100 foot slide on my pasanger side door to come to and end facing the other way and in the other lane.

After all that said and done I managed to pull myself out of the truck and start to walk to the ranger station when a car passed me and said they would get help. The rangers came and 2 climbers stoped who were EMT's and helped me until the J-tree EMT's came.

Thank God I was wearing my seatbelt and I had no passangers. I got out of the whole thing with some cut up arms black and purple legs and cuts and brusies to the head.

All that said the one thing that I'm pissed about is I KNOW the towtruck driver took my phone and my IPod.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook