Forums: Community: Campground:
Gumby of the Year Award
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

jt512

Jan 3, 2005, 3:16 AM
Post #401 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gumby of the Year Award [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's hear it for johnathon78, whose last-minute entry (posted at 11:03 pm on 12/31/04) Practicing Stick-clipping at the YMCA earns what might be the final nomination for the 2004 Gumby of the Year Awards.

In reply to:
I work at the Local YMCA at a front desk. You know, I scan the cards, take payments, answer phones...and read my climbing books a magazines! We have a customer who is a very distinguished Local Doctor. I was at the desk the other day practing my technique with my new Trango Squid ( stick clip ) and metious quickdraws. Anyway, the doctor came in and I get him a towel and he asked what I was doing. I told him I was practicing a technique used for stick clipping. I then gave him a crash course in the process of stick clipping, and the sport of climbing in general.

The judging must start soon, so please submit any overlooked nominations forthwith!

-Jay

jt512

Jan 3, 2005, 3:16 AM
Post #402 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's hear it for johnathon78, whose last-minute entry (posted at 11:03 pm on 12/31/04) Practicing Stick-clipping at the YMCA earns what might be the final nomination for the 2004 Gumby of the Year Awards.

In reply to:
I work at the Local YMCA at a front desk. You know, I scan the cards, take payments, answer phones...and read my climbing books a magazines! We have a customer who is a very distinguished Local Doctor. I was at the desk the other day practing my technique with my new Trango Squid ( stick clip ) and metious quickdraws. Anyway, the doctor came in and I get him a towel and he asked what I was doing. I told him I was practicing a technique used for stick clipping. I then gave him a crash course in the process of stick clipping, and the sport of climbing in general.

The judging must start soon, so please submit any overlooked nominations forthwith!

-Jay

jt512

Jan 3, 2005, 3:17 AM
Post #403 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

-Jay

jt512

Jan 3, 2005, 3:19 AM
Post #404 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

-Jay

curt

Jan 3, 2005, 3:30 AM
Post #405 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Can I nominate someone who recently posted the same post in this thread three times in a row? :lol:

Curt

akclimber

Jan 3, 2005, 5:06 AM
Post #406 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evidence. :lol:

jumpingrock

Jan 3, 2005, 5:58 AM
Post #407 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that somebody should compile a short list of the best nominated members then have a poll for the users to decide which one is the winner of the Gumby of the year award.

Partner tattooed_climber

Jan 3, 2005, 6:20 AM
Post #408 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think that somebody should compile a short list of the best nominated members then have a poll for the users to decide which one is the winner of the Gumby of the year award.

but who has the time? :P

jumpingrock

Jan 3, 2005, 6:30 AM
Post #409 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Oh don't you worry my friend... somebody will... somebody will.

climbsomething

Jan 3, 2005, 8:32 AM
Post #410 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Somebody will... something will... something will ;)

mwah-ah-ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Partner j_ung

Jan 3, 2005, 4:11 PM
Post #411 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Somebody will... something will... 'something will ;)

Please not the apostrophe added. :wink:

This is gonna be good.

jt512

Jan 3, 2005, 7:20 PM
Post #412 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Somebody will... something will... 'something will ;)

Please not the apostrophe added. :wink:

This is gonna be good.

What are you winking at? We have big plans for you!

-Jay

rendog

Jan 3, 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #413 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=38449

can I nominate this guy for the award....?

claramie

Nov 16, 2005, 4:36 AM
Post #414 of 414 (15743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Here's another possibility. Maybe not for "of the year" but at least for the day or n00b of the month status.

In thread:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/....php?p=893105#893105

In reply to:
Hey omenbringer
If you realy want to strip the anodised coating from your gear put it in a solution of lye this eats off the coating i think oven cleaner might work to.

p.s. I have no idea wether this would damage the integrity of the gear it will make it weaker but how much I'm not sure

p.p.s. look at my grand colection of gear(i'm only looking into climbing)

http://www34.brinkster.com/...ntitled-1%20copy.jpg

I've got to admit, that is classic.... I mean I laughed out loud by myself when I read that. I hope nobody considers that idea a reak possibility.

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook