Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

guangzhou

Jan 8, 2005, 8:33 AM
Post #76 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Re: Questions of the opposite sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Strange, I always thought of the ring as the babe magnet.

You married guys can back me up here.

Partner coldclimb

Jan 8, 2005, 9:29 AM
Post #77 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Hahaha Jay, actually I never did show that pic to many people until the "men of rc.com" thread turned up. I really don't even know why I posted it there. :lol:

Dude, you posted that glam shot because you're either a narcissist or you want chicks.

And he already said he doesn't want chicks.

-Jay

Hahaha awwwww.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

After thinking for a while, I have no comeback. I know when I'm owned. :lol:

mikeyt23

Jan 8, 2005, 6:59 PM
Post #78 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One of my buddies had the genious idea of if a girl's single she should have a red dot or something on her forehead (like done overseas). If she's dating, then it's a different colored dot, engaged then it's another colored dot and so on and so forth until all possible outcomes are done. Now, as to the legality thing, the only women allowed to dress 'hot' are ones that are LEGAL and actually hot...not 250pd women in spandex...I really think we should make this guy supreme leader of the world :roll:

bonin_in_the_boneyard

Jan 8, 2005, 7:33 PM
Post #79 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
One of my buddies had the genious idea of if a girl's single she should have a red dot or something on her forehead (like done overseas). If she's dating, then it's a different colored dot, engaged then it's another colored dot and so on and so forth until all possible outcomes are done.

Well, that's kind of what the ring is for. A diamond for 'reserved' and a solid gold band for 'taken'.

Unfortunately, bitter single women are fighting back:

http://nypost.com/entertainment/36558.htm

akclimber

Jan 8, 2005, 7:42 PM
Post #80 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evidence. :lol:

goofyc

Jan 9, 2005, 1:26 AM
Post #81 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ok, I'll admit that being nice to a woman is one of the things I do because first impressions are the best impressions and if I want to climb with them later I want them to think of me as a nice guy. With this said, yeah, I'm usually the one who talks first, I'm usually the one who offers water or something. It's not that I'm flirting it's that (and this shall be the most sexest thing on this forum I believe :P ) that I like to help women with the whole knight in shining armor deal. Now, if you look at the good old days of knights in shining armor you'll note that not every guy would hit on every girl but almost all women in court were treated by men like they were more timid creatures (which they seem to be unless you say the wrong thing at the wrong time). So, nowadays when we do this, is it classified as flirting?
Hark...what yonder Knight doth arrive......chilvary is a wonderful trait. Just don't go overboard. You gals out there know you are flattered when a guy hits on you. You may not be interested in that guy but you should be honored if a guy finds you attractive enough to put himself out there. Stop bashing these guys, they have it hard. :D :wink:

annak

Jan 9, 2005, 1:42 AM
Post #82 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
One of my buddies had the genious idea of if a girl's single she should have a red dot or something on her forehead (like done overseas). If she's dating, then it's a different colored dot, engaged then it's another colored dot and so on and so forth until all possible outcomes are done.

Well, that's kind of what the ring is for. A diamond for 'reserved' and a solid gold band for 'taken'.

Unfortunately, bitter single women are fighting back:

http://nypost.com/entertainment/36558.htm

I always despised the idea of wedding/engagement rings -- that's like branding slaves or animals. Now, getting a fake brand -- how sick is that???

jt512

Jan 9, 2005, 2:40 AM
Post #83 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A common sentiment, I know. And while I very much appreciate a crankin' hottie too, similarly, but more so, I am really a sucker for guys who can write.

thats wye she lieks me

-Jya

bonin_in_the_boneyard

Jan 9, 2005, 3:24 AM
Post #84 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I always despised the idea of wedding/engagement rings -- that's like branding slaves or animals. Now, getting a fake brand -- how sick is that???

That's why it's gotta be a diamond. Otherwise you ladies would never stand for it :D

Funny thing. My grandmother called me once (we only talk about every month or two) just to tell me that engagement rings are a foolish custom and a horrible waste of money. My grandfather never bought her a ring; but of course they were only engaged for three weeks. She told me never to buy a ring, and that any woman who insisted on one was materialistic and would most likely make a poor wife. At the moment this is merely a hypothetical dilemma for me, but I must admit that the jury is still out.

I'd like to hear the ladies chime in on this one. I understand that the ring is an important gesture of love and a symbol of commitment, but on the other hand, $5k goes a long way on a down payment for a house. What do you think? Would you allow a husband to spend two months salary on a ring? Or is the engagement ring the last allowable extravagance a man is granted before surrendering his individual free will in favor of joint finances?

goofyc

Jan 9, 2005, 4:11 AM
Post #85 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd like to hear the ladies chime in on this one. I understand that the ring is an important gesture of love and a symbol of commitment, but on the other hand, $5k goes a long way on a down payment for a house. What do you think? Would you allow a husband to spend two months salary on a ring? Or is the engagement ring the last allowable extravagance a man is granted before surrendering his individual free will in favor of joint finances?
The engagement ring is important but the cost is not. I am one of those women who think spending over $500 for a ring is extremely stupid. I have told my friend that the next guy who asks me to marry him better have that ring in his hand in the right size for my finger. Yes, a down payment on a house is important but realistically a newlywed couple should not go into such extravagance as buying a house as soon as they get married. That couple would have themselves in debt before they even knew if the marriage would work! Just my $0.02. :)

annak

Jan 9, 2005, 4:49 AM
Post #86 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Funny thing. My grandmother called me once (we only talk about every month or two) just to tell me that engagement rings are a foolish custom and a horrible waste of money. My grandfather never bought her a ring; but of course they were only engaged for three weeks. She told me never to buy a ring, and that any woman who insisted on one was materialistic and would most likely make a poor wife.
Please pass my sincere regards to your grandma, and make it a habit to call her more often.

In reply to:

1. There are many different ways to spent 5K on an extravagant and memorable gift that will express your feelings. Gear/cool vacation/diving course/flying lessons/exotic cactus/pedigree puppy/japanese sword/painting/whatever. Even a mink coat is less stupid than a ring -- ;). Just don't buy any utensils/food processors/or other house-keeping tools -- this is offensive indeed.

2. Joint finances is a rather uncivilized idea. As well as any other form of surrendering the individual will/life/career in a relationship/marriage.

Partner coldclimb

Jan 9, 2005, 4:57 AM
Post #87 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That couple would have themselves in debt before they even knew if the marriage would work! Just my $0.02. :)

Forgive my naivety, but aren't you supposed to know that before tying the knot? :wink: :lol:

goofyc

Jan 9, 2005, 5:14 AM
Post #88 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
That couple would have themselves in debt before they even knew if the marriage would work! Just my $0.02. :)

Forgive my naivety, but aren't you supposed to know that before tying the knot? :wink: :lol:
Yes for the most part but if the couple has not been living together long enough they very well may find that they cannot stand each other once they are under the same roof. :lol:

curt

Jan 9, 2005, 5:17 AM
Post #89 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
All I really wanted was just another partner to climb with though :? I was wondering if anyone else had this sort of problem?
I like to cruise the crag with two or three super-hotties. Then, if I meet another lady whom I find interesting, I've already got the "pre-approval" factor working. DO NOT underestimate the "factor". Ladies.back me up this...

It is well known that many women like to hang out with gay men--they are not threatening in any way. :lol:

Curt

annak

Jan 9, 2005, 5:27 AM
Post #90 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It is well known that many women like to hang out with gay men--they are not threatening in any way. :lol:

Curt

No, you silly, it has nothing to do with that! We like to hang out with gay men because they think more like women, are generally more articulate, and actually enjoy long soul conversations about relationships, cosmetics, relaxation teqniques, and other important issues.

adnix

Jan 9, 2005, 7:36 AM
Post #91 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The engagement ring is important but the cost is not. I am one of those women who think spending over $500 for a ring is extremely stupid.
Huh? $500 is a very large sum of money (unless it goes for a tent or plane tickets). I think $100 is enough for engagement ring. Hehe. You can't wear it anyways while climbing.

mikeyt23

Jan 9, 2005, 8:23 AM
Post #92 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone ever remember those .25 cent spider rings you used to buy in the .25 cent vending machines to scare your sisters? See, now THAT'S an engagement ring! Plus, why spend .50 cents? You can always just switch it over to the other finger during the ceremony so you get the full benefit for only .25 cents.

Oh, as for the wedding bands being the 'symbol'...Well, a lot of women wear rings regardless if they're married or not, so it's kind of hard to even tell now. Best to go with the dots :wink:

kachoong

Jan 9, 2005, 8:53 AM
Post #93 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This is perhaps the MOST annoying thing about the girls I know. :lol: I live to CLIMB, not to have sex and drive a big truck (no offense to almost all of my friends, sorry guys ;) ).
....you obviously know the wrong girls.... what about the girls that drive big trucks and climb?....though I suppose I don't 'live to climb'....there are plenty of other 'things' to be doing.... if she says 'climb in' and on occasions 'climb on' I'm all hers.... anyway, she looks great nestled behind the wheel of that truck.... the climbing gear's in the back.... I'll grab a Dr. Pepper, be navigator and we'll hit the crag.... 8^)

benpullin

Jan 9, 2005, 9:09 AM
Post #94 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My own two cents (having gotten engaged recently):

Yes, spending lots of money on a ring can be silly, if you cannot afford it. If you can, you only go around once...

IMO, it is more silly to spend an incredible amount of money on a wedding for hundreds of people.

The whole point is not to dig yourself a financial hole from which you can't claw your way out.

A trend that I have noticed (and followed) is to purchase only one ring that serves as both the engagement and wedding ring...

jcshaggy

Jan 12, 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #95 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Has anyone actually met ladies that like big trucks?

clmbrdancer

Jan 12, 2005, 3:31 PM
Post #96 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Yeah, come to Montana. Not only do many of the women like them, they drive them. IN Bozeman, either you drive a truck or a Subaru.

chitowngirl

Jan 12, 2005, 3:42 PM
Post #97 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like big trucks! If I had enough money I'd buy one. In the meanwhile, my 95' ford will have to do the trick.
Wedding rings: I'd like a ring, yes. But I wouldn't want my man to spend a load on one, and I wouldn't want him to buy diamonds because of all of the diamond wars. etc. But a ring that is to my style and not very expensive would mean a lot. Of course I understand it is only a symbol, and doesn't equal love and fidelity, but I'd style appreciate it.

lockeyaaron

Jan 12, 2005, 4:17 PM
Post #98 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I like big trucks! If I had enough money I'd buy one. In the meanwhile, my 95' ford will have to do the trick.
Wedding rings: I'd like a ring, yes. But I wouldn't want my man to spend a load on one, and I wouldn't want him to buy diamonds because of all of the diamond wars. etc. But a ring that is to my style and not very expensive would mean a lot. Of course I understand it is only a symbol, and doesn't equal love and fidelity, but I'd style appreciate it.

Big Truck? Cheap Ring? I think I am in love!! Marry me now. Oh shiite, my girlfriend frequents this site. On second thought just hang tight till I can get rid of her. I will contact you when I single again.

erisspirit

Jan 12, 2005, 7:13 PM
Post #99 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I like big trucks! Right now im shopping for a little truck (a big one won't fit in my little garage at my little apartment)...but at least my little truck will still be 4 wheel drive. Of course I guess I don't count as a girly girl anyways. I also climb a lot, ride motorcycles, and try to do as much mechanic stuff on my car as I can. :D

bonin_in_the_boneyard

Jan 12, 2005, 7:52 PM
Post #100 of 107 (10952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like big TRUCKS and I cannot lie
You otha sistas can't deny
When Dodge rolls up wit' a hemi in place
And big round tires in your face
You get SPRUNG

Wanna roll up tough
'Cause you know it likes it rough
Down rocky trails it's bearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop stairing

Oh baby, I wanna get in ya
And yank yo' shifta
Greenpeace tried to warn me
But that black smoke makes me so horny

Oh, big-block V8, you ain't no 2-door Benz
Well cruise me, cruise me, 'cause I gotta widdle pee-pee...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook