Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New QUALITY rock gym in Olympia
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

everactive

Feb 2, 2005, 8:18 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1778 views)
Shortcut

New QUALITY rock gym in Olympia  (North_America: United_States: Oregon: Smith_Rock: 10__Monkey_Face_Area)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just recentyl warehouse rock gym opened at the end of Alpine experience in Olympia WA. I was first against indoor climbing because i think ther real thing is so much better but they didnt do a bad job. Superb bouldering and descent lead routes throughout the gym. A bit costly unless you get a monthly-yearly pass but definetly beats the peak or evergreens rock wall but evergreen still has some fun climbs. check it out, its on adams street or at least close to adams and very near the port of olympia.

abalch

Feb 2, 2005, 8:30 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1778 views)
Shortcut

Re: New QUALITY rock gym in Olympia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Can you give any more information? I come up occassionally to Oly to visit my parents. What is the day rate? How big and how good are the routesetters? Is it aimed at birthday parties, or high grade climbers, or do they have a good range of difficulty?

skidawg

Feb 6, 2005, 8:06 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everactive knows more about this place than I do, but I've been there, so I'll tell you what I can. I agree with everactive...the place it very well layed out. They have a lot of bouldering, with a ton of routes on it. You have a lot of opportunities for lead climbing too if you're into that sort of thing. They really did a great job at making the walls different angles, and texturing them to seem more realistic. It costs $10 every time you go in there though, so...yep...that's sort of rough. I've only been there once because of that (I'm spoiled with our ginormous wall at the University of Washington that you only have to pay $3 for) so that would be a big turnoff for most people. It is worth it on occasion though, and I suppose I will go in there at some point again. I actually heard they are putting up a wall for ice climbing...they do well with changes there, so it's a good idea to check it out.

c-money
Deleted

Feb 6, 2005, 8:46 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It costs $10 every time you go in there though, so...yep...that's sort of rough. I've only been there once because of that (I'm spoiled with our ginormous wall at the University of Washington that you only have to pay $3 for) so that would be a big turnoff for most people.

You are spoiled indeed... a daypass at Mission Cliffs was $20 last I was there, and at Planet Rock $17.

Does the new gym have a site up? Link?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook