Partner taualum23

Apr 29, 2005, 4:31 PM
Post #51 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Re: How bachelor is this....? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Neil Monteith (orangeoverhang of the picture taking fame) has a brilliant method of cleaning saucepans whilst on a roadtrip.

Cook meal.
Eat meal from pot.
Leave pot out during night for furry animals to eat the crusty bits of spooge from (note on our Tasmanian trip we called one large possum Beastor the Gargantuan Possum, he used to keep me awake at night with his constant chewing on the spoogey bits of Neils pot).
Leave pot out during day for ants to scrub the last skerricks of food until mostly clean.
Cook more food in pot and repeat as necessary for entire trip.

And sometimes, hardcore can be gross, too.

reno

Apr 29, 2005, 4:58 PM
Post #52 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was a poor bachelor (FYI, I'm still poor and a bachelor, but now I've got a job and a girl, so that don't count) I would steal the rolls of TP from anywhere I could... truck stops, fast food resturaunts, etc.

Wiped my backside with many a rough square of tissue... got the callouses to prove it (not that you'd really want to see my lily white butt with the attendant callouses, but you get my point.)

These days, I buy only the super-thick quilted Charmin. Makes me feel right.

winter

Apr 29, 2005, 5:10 PM
Post #53 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Zozo's first post sounds just like my place.
I don't buy groceries, when you're single it's cheaper to eat out. I eat breakfast and lunch at work, no dinner. Sometimes when I'm really hungry I'll do the bit of peanut butter on a cracker or just off a spoon if there are no crackers. Luckily I now have a roomate, she buys milk so I have cereal for dinner now.
My bag from the weekend is still sitting in the front entrance, with a pile of clothes around it that I tore out looking for something at the bottom.
My snowshoes that I haven't worn since before christmas are still in the front entrance.
I do laundry every 3 weeks or so. Sometimes I just buy more socks rather than washing them. I was my sheets before my boyfriend comes to town but otherwise....not so much.
I was the kichen floor like twice a year.
As soon as I get more money I'm hiring a maid.

Partner macherry

Apr 29, 2005, 5:13 PM
Post #54 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
When I was a poor bachelor (FYI, I'm still poor and a bachelor, but now I've got a job and a girl, so that don't count) I would steal the rolls of TP from anywhere I could... truck stops, fast food resturaunts, etc.

Wiped my backside with many a rough square of tissue... got the callouses to prove it (not that you'd really want to see my lily white butt with the attendant callouses, but you get my point.)

These days, I buy only the super-thick quilted Charmin. Makes me feel right.

ha, that reminds me when i lived in banff and used to steal the toilet paper from the restaurant i worked at. Those were dirtbag days. And guys, i lived in a dump with five other women and the bathroom was just as bad as any guy's bathroom. We also kept our bikes (5) in the livingroom. There was also 3 inches of sand on the livingroom floor from the winter beach party we held. good times

the_pirate

Apr 29, 2005, 5:20 PM
Post #55 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My shower floor is black with two white footprints where I stand.

robbovius

Apr 29, 2005, 5:43 PM
Post #56 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

last night I pulled out a bottle of indeterminate-age salsa because my son wanted some nachos. when I opened it, it stank. it went right into the sink for the detergent-and-hot-water treatment. still stank. it's there now.

onbelay_osu

Apr 29, 2005, 5:52 PM
Post #57 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

last night i went to my friends pad to hang out...two bachelor's we had a keg and much to my surprise cockroaches really enjoy shinner bock...i saw something like 20 of dem sons of bitches trying to crawl into the keg...ohhh well they are moving to alaska and i don't think they have roaches there...

livingtheedge

Apr 29, 2005, 6:09 PM
Post #58 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've never washed the kitchen floor.

Ive only washed my floor once and that was by accident. We ran out of dishwasher soap and didnt feel like buying new so we put regular sink dish soap in instead. The Dishwasher over flowed and filled the floor with bubbles. Im pretty sure that if the bubbles we not there and it was just water we would have let it dry on its own. Anyway we mopped it up and accidently got the shit on the floor with it.

zozo

May 4, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #59 of 59 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

UPDATE:

I gave up and hired a maid service......totally worth it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook