RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

alkwok

Jun 24, 2005, 1:11 AM
Post #1 of 2 (835 views)
Shortcut

Tahquitz : Consolation beta / Coffin Nail linkup
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

JV wrote in the route database that one needs a #5 Cam for Consolation. Is that for the flared slot if one goes straight (instead of joining Whodunit) above where Consolation and Whodunit meets?

I am a relatively new 9 trad leader (9's onsight : 2nd pitch of Central Pillar of Frenzy and last pitch of Reed Pinnacle Direct at Yos, Overseer at JT). I should be fine on Consolation?

Moving to the W. side, is there a more interesteing way to finish Coffin Nail than Jensen's Jaunt?

alfred.kwok@pomona.edu

fredbob

Jun 24, 2005, 1:29 AM
Post #2 of 2 (835 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tahquitz : Consolation beta / Coffin Nail linkup [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
JV wrote in the route database that one needs a #5 Cam for Consolation. Is that for the flared slot if one goes straight (instead of joining Whodunit) above where Consolation and Whodunit meets?

No need for anything that large...that is true for just about any route at Tahquitz.

In reply to:
I am a relatively new 9 trad leader (9's onsight : 2nd pitch of Central Pillar of Frenzy and last pitch of Reed Pinnacle Direct at Yos, Overseer at JT). I should be fine on Consolation?

Should be.

In reply to:
....is there a more interesteing way to finish Coffin Nail than Jensen's Jaunt?

Yes. Cross over Jenson's Jaunt at the point where Traitor Horn heads off right and belay in the first alcove. Finish up Traitor Horn, a fun and classic finish.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook