RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

roclymber

Jul 25, 2002, 6:22 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1011 views)
Shortcut

Serious Leg/Heel/Ankle Pains
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's been awhile since I've been around rc.com, but I've been internet deprived for a couple of months. However, a minor problem has now arisen to a rather serious problem, and no one seems to know what is going on.

Ever since I was in 3rd grade I've had heel/arch problems. More like sores and so forth directly underneath my arch, so as when I walked it would hurt. But this occured only when I put pressure on it. Then too, my heel hurt. Directly under my heel I would feel sharp pains. And occasionally some acheness in my knees. To relieve this problem, my parents took me to a doctor and he diagnosed me with two things, that are in fact not really illnesses: Being quite tall for my age, and having natural flat feet, so I just wore some simple shoe pad things from Dr. Scholls and the pain went away. After a year or so, my leg overall felt well enough to not wear them.

Now I'm entering my senior year of high school, and the exact same pain has come back a hundreth-fold more. I'm 6'5" now, and an arch has kind of developed for my feet, so I don't have misalignment problems, but doctor still persists that it is "growing pains" and over time I will once again grown out of them. Well, I hope so, but im not counting on it being as easy as that.

I've heard horror stories of what happens to athletes who become flat-footed, but I was born this way so shouldn't affect me, right?

Well, if anyone knows anything about anything about the overall leg, and medical issues dealing with such problems, please post. Im going to see a foot doctor soon, and hopefully something good can come out of this, but for now these dr. scholls are feeling rather comfrotable

-matt

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook