Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

tnwagener

Apr 7, 2006, 6:29 AM
Post #26 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Re: @ DL Sat [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I can't make it this weekend but have some friends that are meeting at the CCC parking lot about 8am Saturday to climb if anyone is looking to get together to climb this weekend. once summer rolls around I hope to be out in the mornings and every Sunday all day.

landgolier

Apr 7, 2006, 1:51 PM
Post #27 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anybody?

bbecker

Apr 7, 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #28 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I can't make it this weekend, but am always looking for DL partners for any weekend.

Bryan

nudge_nudge

Apr 8, 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #29 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anybody climbing Sunday?

Partner euroford

Apr 8, 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #30 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Anybody climbing Sunday?

piss off. go start an @ DL Sun thread!!

:lol: :lol:

nudge_nudge

Apr 8, 2006, 1:28 AM
Post #31 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
piss off. go start an @ DL Sun thread!!

:lol: :lol:

Haha!

Sorry for trying to hijack your DL Sat thread with Sundayness.
:lol:

I just found out tomorrow is out for sure, but Sunday is still a possiblility.

landgolier

Apr 8, 2006, 5:46 AM
Post #32 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Blashphemers, how dare you violate the sabbath!

I might be able to do sunday, but I'm looking to split the trip up from chicago. Anybody?

Euroford, how's the ankle? When are you going to be back in the aiders? I'd be more than willing to trade some belay bitch time for an aid lesson up there.

Partner euroford

Apr 8, 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #33 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Euroford, how's the ankle? When are you going to be back in the aiders?

looks like i'll be into it in oh about 3-4 hours from now :)

i reckon i'll be having a pretty mild day though. i actually went out and bought some treking poles, which i'll call "alpine crutches". lol

In reply to:
I'd be more than willing to trade some belay b---- time for an aid lesson up there.

i might take you, and some others, up on that offer. i know its doubtfull that my usuall partner can get out every weekend, but it looks like my wife's new job is going to keep her working every weekend. kinda free's me up ya know!

landgolier

Apr 8, 2006, 1:52 PM
Post #34 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey, some of us with bad knees don't need a twisted ankle to justify trekking poles. Those things are lifesavers.

I mainly need to learn solo systems, so that kind of defeats the purpose of belay bitchery, but any time you want to get out, even for {gasp} free climbing, let me know.

Partner euroford

Apr 9, 2006, 9:48 PM
Post #35 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

had a damn good day saturday. steve wanted to do some free climbing so we went to old sandstone and had the place to ourselves for the day. steve lead curving crack and then wobbly dihedral. i really wanted to follow, but after watching him tourqing his feet around i got a case of better judgment and got out the ascenders. after his fine performance i had a yearning for the sharp end, and at first i thought it didn't look that intresting, but then had a -total- blast aiding gargantua. thats some very physical aid climbing through that roof with regular daisy's. the top out is the icing on the cake. i got a bomber 1.25 dmm in the little pod and was very stumped until i finally commited a talon hook to a tiny edge which i top stepped for the mantle. yahoo.

after that, a quick drive and a quick repack of gear and we headed up to drink a four pack of guiness on top of cleo's spire to finish the day.

fyi: cleo's spire, northwest side (the beer route) 5.4, gear list in order of use.
1 x dmm 4cu size 1.75 w/ quickdraw
1 x bd camalot size 1
1 x bd stopper size 7 w/ quickdraw (or thread sling through fixed pin)
oddly enough, all three pieces are red.

LOL

corpse

Apr 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #36 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Is THAT what that smell was on saturday when I drove past ;-) j/k I almost went to old sandstone on saturday, but saw too many cars (I think I saw like 4 cars when I drove past) - and ended up at horse rampart. But sunday though was my old sandstone day.. From about 9ish to 4ish, there were 4 other people actively climbing that day.. I'm surprised the lake was so dead this weekend.

Partner euroford

Apr 10, 2006, 2:40 PM
Post #37 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

lol, that lovely odor would have been from us. damn man, wish you would have came up that would have been awsome running into ya. the hikers use that parking spot for the ice age trail i think? i dunno, not my cup of tea.

mowz

Apr 11, 2006, 4:19 AM
Post #38 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Corpse, did you run into CSGambill? He was there and said he had a good time.

Whoever is interested, I'll be heading up to DL during weekends. I'll post the week before I will be going. Let me know via PM if you want to split a ride.

I hope those who have read my past posts in community don't take me too seriously. I'm a nice guy.

And NO, I am not a chick (thanks a lot CSGambill; I'll see you on the sharp end).

corpse

Apr 11, 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #39 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Nah, I didn't see Chris - I knew he was going up there.. I had my heart set on old sandstone on sunday; him and his partners that day had their sights set on the area I was at that the weekend before. Next time, they will probably go the old sandstone, and then I'll go the area that they'll go to next.. hmmm - maybe they are just seeing if I forget any gear somewhere and score some corpse booty :)

It would be nice to head up there for another day or 2 this month, but I'm going out of town at hte end of the month for a couple weeks - and trying to wrap up some work I might not be able to get away.

curtis_g

Apr 13, 2006, 3:03 AM
Post #40 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I'll be up this saturday round cleo's amphi during the day and round upper diagonal afternoon, doorway late.

leaving chitown suburbs with 2 serrious n00bs (no shoes or anything) before dawn on saturday.

tnwagener

Apr 14, 2006, 4:46 AM
Post #41 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I'll be going up the east bluff Friday about 9:30 with some friends and hopefully Saturday with relatives. if anyone is interested should be getting to Wall Mart about 9 to carpool from there to save on stickers and stop by the shop that a friend owns right next door (Wildside Adventure Sports- www.wildbaraboo.com) Shameless plug. then on to the CCC lot ad hope to be set up by 10.

Partner euroford

Apr 14, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #42 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i'm going to meet up with the nudge on saturday. take him to aid school on upper diagonal. its going to be a casual day, so come say howdy if your around. chances are nudge will be on lead for like 3 hours (haha!) after i hand him the rack so i might need some company. :lol: :lol:

btw: mowz you always do such a good job on your sigs.

corpse

Apr 14, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #43 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
i'm going to meet up with the nudge on saturday. take him to aid school on upper diagonal. its going to be a casual day, so come say howdy if your around. chances are nudge will be on lead for like 3 hours (haha!) after i hand him the rack so i might need some company. :lol: :lol:

ok - I gotta say something... 3 hours (or any # of hours) in aid lessons on upper diagonal, on a gorgeous weather saturday?? that is ridiculous and greedy and downright rude to other climbers.. That place will no doubt have ppl that want to CLIMB that route.. its one thing to setup a TR and hog it for a few hours while you CLIMB the route, and then offer to share the rope - but don't hog such a classic line for aid lessons.. or do it from like 4-8am, then no one can bitch... Tomorrow is 72 and sunny at devils lake - go and make friends, not enemies.

Now, go enjoy the weekend! I'm taking hte weekend off climbing - I tweaked my shoulder from last weekend and getting it back to 100% - got a moab trip coming up in a couple weeks...

curtis_g

Apr 14, 2006, 7:21 PM
Post #44 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

ok - I gotta say something... 3 hours (or any # of hours) in aid lessons on upper diagonal, on a gorgeous weather saturday?? that is ridiculous and greedy and downright rude to other climbers.. That place will no doubt have ppl that want to CLIMB that route.. its one thing to setup a TR and hog it for a few hours while you CLIMB the route, and then offer to share the rope - but don't hog such a classic line for aid lessons.. or do it from like 4-8am, then no one can b----... Tomorrow is 72 and sunny at devils lake - go and make friends, not enemies.

Now, go enjoy the weekend! I'm taking hte weekend off climbing - I tweaked my shoulder from last weekend and getting it back to 100% - got a moab trip coming up in a couple weeks...

I agree, if there's going to be a crowd there...please don't aid it.

Partner euroford

Apr 14, 2006, 7:37 PM
Post #45 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

you guys should know me better than that. we'll be more than happy to clear off the thing if need be. remeber i'm the one always bitching about the topropers stealing routes all day.

my aid antics out there have always resulted in more conversation and intrest, not a one has bitched yet.

curtis_g

Apr 14, 2006, 8:02 PM
Post #46 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
you guys should know me better than that. we'll be more than happy to clear off the thing if need be. remeber i'm the one always b---- about the topropers stealing routes all day.

my aid antics out there have always resulted in more conversation and intrest, not a one has b---- yet.

well i can't wait to stroll up saturday afternoon and see some of those antics on Upper D. I'm looking for a run at it myself in the afternoon, like i said, before lunch, me group of 3 will be by cleo's needle. See ya there.

mowz

Apr 18, 2006, 2:43 PM
Post #47 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Re: @ DL Sat (my ongoing DL trip thread) [In reply to]
Report this Post

As noted in my previous reply, I wil be making notice of when I'll be going up to the lake. I will be going this Sunday (04/23/06). I will be leaving around 5 am for The Lake. Hope to see you guys there; if a ride is needed, please PM me by Friday. Thank you.

Partner euroford

Apr 18, 2006, 2:48 PM
Post #48 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

well nudge didn't make it out, but i did and had fun soloing congradulations again. thats a fun aid route with a couple of thin spots, and a couple of hooks, still totally C1 but requires some trickery to avoid free moves.

it was very crowded this weekend, its always fun to be aiding on a crowded weekend, allot of poeple stop by to yell up questions and encouragment, especially when your solo. after i got done i kinda chilled and watched the topropers come by, then a fella walked up with a bug to lead congrats, so i gave him so beta and watched him get started. after 3 falls on the first 10 feet i took off to get home early. i wish he was on the forum, i'd like to know if he sent!!

landgolier

Apr 18, 2006, 2:52 PM
Post #49 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anybody want to hit it this weekend from chicago? Would prefer a long day trip sunday, but could adjust for others' preferences/weather. Aid or free, especially interested in checking out old sandstone.

Partner euroford

Apr 18, 2006, 3:28 PM
Post #50 of 75 (6618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

you havn't been to old sandstone yet? holy shit dude get over there. curving crack (5.8) and wobbly dihedral (5.9) are total classics.

oh yeah, and the rock has FRICTION man! FRICTION!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook