Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

dripdry

Apr 27, 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #101 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chicago Climbers Forum [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

big bump

So, where are all the Chicago Climbers?

If I'm in the city visiting friends on the weekend, what sort of options do I have down there? Anything besides Hidden Peak?

flatstateclimber

May 15, 2006, 7:03 PM
Post #102 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I thought this might be the best place to post a request for climbing partner(s) in or near Chicago. I'm going to be in Chicago from June 8-June 16 or so. I'd like to get out to climb for a while, preferably that Monday-Friday (6/12-16). I'll have a tent and other camping gear with me, so distance isn't a big concern; however, I'd like to be back in the city the following weekend. I have my own crash pad for bouldering. I'd love to try some sport (never used a rope outdoors), but I have no gear except for a harness.

PM me if this is a possibility. I'd be willing to drive down to SoIll to meet people or another crag that might be within 3-4 hours drive (camping obviously).

--BJ

flatstateclimber

May 15, 2006, 7:05 PM
Post #103 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I thought this might be the best place to post a request for climbing partner(s) in or near Chicago. I'm going to be in Chicago from June 8-June 16 or so. I'd like to get out to climb for a while, preferably that Monday-Friday (6/12-16). I'll have a tent and other camping gear with me, so distance isn't a big concern; however, I'd like to be back in the city the following weekend. I have my own crash pad for bouldering. I'd love to try some sport (never used a rope outdoors), but I have no gear except for a harness.

PM me if this is a possibility. I'd be willing to drive down to SoIll to meet people or another crag that might be within 3-4 hours drive (camping obviously).

--BJ

boardline22

May 16, 2006, 5:13 PM
Post #104 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

you'll have to go down south for soprt

junoclimber

Jun 26, 2006, 4:52 AM
Post #105 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I live in Lakeview, been there for almost a year and I have YET to find any climbing etc. I don't have a car so getting OUT of the city is hard but I can fly pretty much anywhere for free. I moved here from Alaska so I'm desperate....EVEn just some gym climbing! All of my gear is in AK but I could get some basic stuff for here, harness, ATC, shoes etc
Hit me up if you know any climbing, gyms, would be willing to take the itme to show me, perhaps need a partner?

Thanks

texwade

Jun 26, 2006, 6:39 AM
Post #106 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Vertical Endeavors is a good gym. I can meet you there almost any time this week. Let me know if you want to check it out.

boardline22

Jun 26, 2006, 1:22 PM
Post #107 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anyone want to be a menotr, because I am tired of being a gym rat and want to set anchors, and lead. If any one is up for this post on up.

randomboulder

Jun 30, 2006, 3:50 PM
Post #108 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I live in Lakeview, been there for almost a year and I have YET to find any climbing etc. I don't have a car so getting OUT of the city is hard but I can fly pretty much anywhere for free. I moved here from Alaska so I'm desperate....EVEn just some gym climbing! All of my gear is in AK but I could get some basic stuff for here, harness, ATC, shoes etc
Hit me up if you know any climbing, gyms, would be willing to take the itme to show me, perhaps need a partner?

Thanks

Juno, you haven't been looking hard enough. If you live in Lakeview, then you must have seen the outdoor wall at Lincoln Park Athletic Club. It can't get any closer to you than that. Other options for climbing walls in the city are: Hidden Peak and Lakeshore Athletic Club. I hear there are walls at the Fitplex and Xport gyms too, but I've never been. VE is nice, but its out in the burbs. Climb On is also nice, located in Homewood just a short Metra ride away. You can PM me if you want more details.

freerangequark

Jul 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #109 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hi,
I'm new to the forum.

35 y.o. male, Buffalo Grove, IL (NW burbs)... mechanical engineer, husband, father, climber.

I've been out of climbing for a several years now, but have rekindled the hobby and have been climbing a lot once again. I've been getting back on the rocks and plastics to get myself ready for a Devil's Tower summit climb (with a guide) I hope to make this fall.

My outdoor climbing has been in Southern Illinois (Go Salukis!!) and Devils Lake, WI. I climb indoors at the Libertyville Sports Complex.

Anyone interested in a fall Wyoming roadtrip with me?

-Glenn

curtis_g

Jul 24, 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #110 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

well this thread is ripe with contacts for myself. starting next week ill be sending out PM because this weekend I already have a trip with some buddies planned. I could take people to some sweet climbs...lead trad, follow trad, show people how to setup TR anchors, let people follow my trad, pitch in for gas money.

I'm out in Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg/Elk Grove area VERY VERY close to I90 rite by Woodfield Mall. I just don't have a very reliable car.

For a ride to Devil's Lake I would be a mentor, but I leave for College down to U of I on the 23rd so I only have like 2 weekends tat I'm really looking to get my fill of the Lake and say goodbye to it for 9 months or so.

PM me if you feel inclined, I'd like to get out there August 5th and/or the following weekend. Or I'll PM you starting next week.

edit, P.S. I lead up to 5.9, TR or follow up to 5.10c

curtis_g

Jul 27, 2006, 4:23 PM
Post #111 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

If this weekend isn't too short of notice I just had a trip with some buddies fall through and I am dying to get out to say goodbye to the Lake for the next 9 months as I'm leaving for college August 19th. I have all my own gear as well and my climbing is hitting the solid 10s or trading 5.8 or 5.9

Is anyone interested in this weekend or next? I'm in Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg/Elk Grove area right by the I90/I290 Intersection.

As well as showing outdoor newbies some great climbing at Devil's Lake or letting people follow my trad to learn or showing people how to set up top ropes...I'd love to show my partners this awesome swimming hole and cliff jumping spot in the area.

I'm 18, about to be 19. Looking desperately for a pertner. PM me. Reply to this thread. Do something. I need to get outside.

peace
curtis

curtis_g

Jul 27, 2006, 6:19 PM
Post #112 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chicago Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post

please people, don't leave me to the gym this saturday!

boardline22

Jul 30, 2006, 2:56 AM
Post #113 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chicago Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post

sorry dude I'll be up in Michigan

Partner euroford

Jul 30, 2006, 2:53 PM
Post #114 of 115 (13721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I've been getting back on the rocks and plastics to get myself ready for a Devil's Tower summit climb (with a guide) I hope to make this fall.

dude no way, work harder and f**k the guide.

better you try and fail on your own than try and succede with a guide.

seth0687

Dec 13, 2006, 1:20 PM
Post #115 of 115 (1903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [euroford] Chicago Climbers Forum [In reply to]
Report this Post

lookin for a partner in general for around chicagoland..i live in the south suburbs by naperville. I did mostly alpine before and summited a couple 14er's out int CO. i havent done much in technical rock but really wantto learn, i have been in and out of gyms for a while, but really am just lacking people to engage in these activities with

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook