Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

medicus

May 11, 2007, 6:24 AM
Post #51 of 90 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zuz] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, I was going to wait, but I did save the message he sent. The HoeCrabs he speaks of is homecrag.com... a site that started because Shawn shuts down his forum anytime people start complaining.

"It's actually very simple. If for some reason you did not get your package, be it lost, missing or damaged. Just pick up any phone near by and call us at 915-345-5337 it's always been that easy. And also don't forget. We don't just pay for USPS shipping labels to pretend we shipped something. That would be a total waste of our profits. Which by the way are very low because we give you all such great deals.

BTW
HoeCrabs is awesome! maybe we should just close this forum and everyone can use that one? no reason to have two..."

Then shortly after many people lost their accounts...

"Same thing. It's not CoM...it's ClimbOmatic. I have no problem with HomeCrag it's the point.
It's not my respect. It's the stats and it's why the other owners droped this URL. This small group of climbers is full of hate. Hundreds of smooth transactions and a handful of flamers. Click your posts and see your constant bad replies. It's obvoius why the other owners gave up on such rude customers. And then to sell the stuff for such cheap prices? Wow, honestly how would you feel. To work you ass off harder and harder only to be punished daily and told you're basically worthless."

"Hundreds of smooth transactions"....

I have made two transactions, albeit one sided, so far with climbomatic. They have yielded a 0% success rate thus far.
I have a "shipment notification" from the April 23rd order... it says the seller notified USPS on April 26th. I can go in and look a little farther and see that the shipping should take 2-5 days.
The April 30th order has yet to be notified to USPS.

I would never have had any issues with any of this, as I knew it would take forever, but Shawn decided this time to promise that they would be shipped out within 3-5 days... in fact, he gave the exact dates, but I don't remember what the date was for the 30th order. The 23rd order was supposed to be shipped on the 26th, which is when the notification was given. Everyone on the forums over there said they hadn't received their order from early April, or late April... so apparently USPS just lost a load of packages.

I contacted Shawn prior regarding the pair of Tiblocs for $9. I told him I was really wanting to pick up a pair, but the button on his site was broken. He replied that the button wasn't broken, that the site was just overloaded with THOUSANDS of climbers wanting to buy them. According to his own site, the most any amount of climbers has been on his site was February something, with 1500ish climbers online. I highly doubt that that measurement is correct because I have never seen more than 150 at any given time (and that is being very generous).

After several people today started talking about the Mystery gear not being shipped yet, we all got our accounts banned over there.

I said I would post on my experiences, and well... these are it so far. I am calling Shawn in the morning since it apparently is that easy and we'll see how that goes.

I will however, never buy anything from climbomatic without the assumption that I will either 1) lose my money or 2) have to file a complaint through paypal about the lack of shipment.

I will post back after the phone call tomorrow.

(This post was edited by medicus on May 11, 2007, 6:42 AM)

jakedatc

May 11, 2007, 6:45 AM
Post #52 of 90 (2633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm not quite sure why folks keep "trying" these guys.. if you want them gone and out of business then stop buying crap from them and let them die.. the guy clearly has no customer service skills.. no business skills.. crap for organization..

could you imagine trying to return something for any reason?

I'm surprised no one's gone to the BBB with this guy

medicus

May 11, 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #53 of 90 (2632 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I tried him because I thought most people were just whining about things that he clearly stated would be the case with his site. I didn't realize he completely lied, cheated and abused his customers.

The BBB doesn't really do that much does it?
I do know though, that I can do a minimal amount of stuff through paypal. I don't know what all the BBB would really do.

jakedatc

May 11, 2007, 7:06 AM
Post #54 of 90 (2628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dunno.. never seen a company so bad

who wants 20$ underwear lol

medicus

May 11, 2007, 7:10 AM
Post #55 of 90 (2626 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lol... I agree, it is one of the worst companies out there. Enron might have them topped, but that is open to debate.

I have no idea who wants $20 underwear... if anyone buys that let me know... but rest assured, he is surely passing massive savings on to us, and is poor because he works his ass off to give us these discounts Sly

Edited for formatting error.

(This post was edited by medicus on May 11, 2007, 7:19 AM)

svilnit

May 11, 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #56 of 90 (2597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

medicus wrote:
I tried him because I thought most people were just whining about things that he clearly stated would be the case with his site. I didn't realize he completely lied, cheated and abused his customers.

The BBB doesn't really do that much does it?
I do know though, that I can do a minimal amount of stuff through paypal. I don't know what all the BBB would really do.

With enough complaints to the BBB a major company in Maryland was shut down just a few weeks ago. "Blue Hippo" or something like that. Saw it on the news. BBB investigated and found enough cause to shut them down. I would definitely file complaints on this guy if I went through as much as you have.

(This post was edited by svilnit on May 11, 2007, 11:54 AM)

medicus

May 11, 2007, 5:38 PM
Post #57 of 90 (2556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [svilnit] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lol, well... in that case.
I sent him an e-mail after he didn't answer the phone. My e-mail basically said that if by 7 tonight, I did not see refunds in my account, I would report to paypal and the BBB.
We'll see how it turns out once again.

hemp22

May 11, 2007, 5:58 PM
Post #58 of 90 (2548 views)
Shortcut

Re: [svilnit] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll add my experience as a data-point.

About 4 weeks ago, I ordered one of the Mystery packages for $17 + shipping. I ordered it on a Thursday.
I got the USPS automated email on Friday, the next day.
When I checked the USPS link each day, it never appeared to be updated.
But the package arrived the following Thursday.

I got 2 shoulder-length nylon slings and 1 screwgate biner, all with the brand-name "Cypher".
I had never heard of Cypher before, but with some internet searching, I found equivalent Cypher slings online for $4.50 each, and the Cypher biner for $7. That's $16 total.

So, I had no problems with the delivery time. I never had to email/call them, and I don't post to their forum, so I can't comment on the customer service.
But I feel like the mystery package was a rip-off.

(This post was edited by hemp22 on May 11, 2007, 6:00 PM)

truello

May 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #59 of 90 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hemp22] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbomatic wrote:

Please stand by while we upload the latest version of ClimbOmatic… Thank you

Oh my GOD! Is this a Scam?

Is the door locked? Is the stove off? Oh my Gosh, did I feed the fish? OCD seems to be the virus this week. Wow, and how did you send that v5? Or was it V0-? Or did you actually hangdog that 5.12b/c? How did you get up that peak with such lame and weak notions constantly running through your mind? Look, take your med’s. sit back and enjoy life. I mean what type of credit card or bank do you have? Don’t they protect you from such BIG SCAMMERS online? Did you forget to read our policy? Ooooooo watch out! We are here to steal your money because we know you want those new Camalots……come on get real!

You have a choice. To be a total jackass and go flame off in some geek forum and spam kitchen cutting our services down giving yourself bad karma. OR to take a deep breath and chill out. It’s called Zen by the way for you younger climbers out there….you know the guys with the .edu emails. Look it’s real simple. Go click the Help button and call us or email us if you’re super worried. But please, please don’t ruin it for others that truely enjoy our services. Just don’t buy from us! There is no reason to have bad karma surrounding your life because of bad things and hate you made against us. Think about it. PEACE

Well, well, well…..we meet again.What should I say? Other than “Hello all you rock yanking fanatics!” My name is Pusher. And I’m here to push the goods into your mail box. That is, if we can get it there on time (lol). You see things must change here at ClimbOmatic. And I’m here to help. Oh, by the way, feel free to yell at me or vent anytime. That’s what I’m here for. To take your blows of furry. To make your life more relaxed. Go ahead give it a shot. Email me or call and bitch me out for how much we suck. It’s fun :-)

Anyway, let’s get started right away.

What the HELL is going on with ClimbOmatic?

Why is stuff not being shipped out on time?

And are things ever going to get better?

Besides the flaming going on in silly forums and abroad. You may have ordered something from us and found out it takes forever to get shipped to you. As ClimbOmatic grows so do the needs for streamline operations. Recently USPS forced ClimbOmatic to become a Bulk shipper. Meaning we must follow certain guidelines and regulations. Is this a good thing? No, not currently. Because we can only ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays until we increase our rates. Paradox indeed!

Oh I forgot to tell you. You might not want to become a member of this new version yet? It’s only a soft beta version that is running for 24 hours until the complete installation is finished. Meaning your account well be gone in 24 hours. You can make one twice or just take a deep breath and wait? Your choice.

Quoted for historical documentation. This guy needs to learn something about running a business.

stymingersfink

May 14, 2007, 3:59 AM
Post #60 of 90 (2444 views)
Shortcut

Re: [truello] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbomatic wrote:
To take your blows of furry.

blows of furry what? kittens? sheep? cottonballs?

i can't believe people are still bothering with this guy...

the fury and futility of it all. Crazy

mtnbob

May 16, 2007, 6:27 AM
Post #61 of 90 (2366 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

After many "lost "packages, lies, and general abuse from shawn at COM I am more than happy to take criticism on this board for trying to let others know about this crappy website. What was a great idea unfortunately been ruined by shawn's constant B.S. There is no easy way to put it, they suck!! If you want to wait 3-4 weeks after ordering something, and then when you ask about it, get abused and called a flamer and a jackass, then please order something from them. Don't say you haven't been warned.

medicus

May 16, 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #62 of 90 (2360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtnbob] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lol, who is criticizing you?

mtnbob

May 16, 2007, 6:53 AM
Post #63 of 90 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no one yet lol, but there is usually someone (shawn) who pretends to be a regular COM customer, who has had nothing but great luck with COM, who then bashes anyone who dares to speak the truth about them.

medicus

May 16, 2007, 7:06 AM
Post #64 of 90 (2352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lol I see. Well, I haven't found anyone yet that actually seemed trustworthy. I did however just resort to escalating my claim with paypal with Shawn. It really is a bad deal. Any money sent to that site must truly be a gamble. I hit 0/2 in receiving what I ordered. I can't risk any more than that. Shawn is verbally abusive and anyone who thinks they have had nothing but good luck with Shawn merely needs to read some of the things he has said previously to realize that his business is bad.

So to anyone that cared about my "experiment" with CoM (man was I hoping it would at least turn out better than horrible) this basically concludes that experiment. I think I would have a better chance of not getting cancer by permanently sitting under UV bulbs than actually receive a package from Shawn. I have a better chance of spontaneously combusting than getting a package from Shawn. My money would better be placed in powerball at whatever un-imaginable odds... like 1 in 200,000,000... than for me to actually receive a package from Shawn. You have been warned. If you have read this forum and then buy from him, don't complain when you never get your stuff. If you do, I congratulate you, but laugh because with that luck you should have played the lottery.

alpinismo_flujo

May 16, 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #65 of 90 (2312 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep - I quit even looking at the site last week or so. too bad because he had a great idea....Pirate

browntown

May 17, 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #66 of 90 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinismo_flujo] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anyone else get their POC today? In mine I recieved:

Omega Pacific #2 wedgie - $ 5.95
Outdoor Designs Guide Book Cover - $8.95
unknown 24" sling (black gray orange) ?

paid $17.00 plus $5.00 shipping (way too much for the size of this package)

So I guess I got what I paid for. Just wish it came a little quicker.

alpinismo_flujo

May 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #67 of 90 (2249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [browntown] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What are you going to do with those jems? Doesn't sound like a deal to me ... Mad

browntown

May 17, 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #68 of 90 (2243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinismo_flujo] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll use the sling for sure, the stopper if I'm really bored, and I guess I could use the guidebook cover but its not like I really need it.

jd10

May 18, 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #69 of 90 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Re: [browntown] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

browntown wrote:
anyone else get their POC today? In mine I recieved:

Omega Pacific #2 wedgie - $ 5.95
Outdoor Designs Guide Book Cover - $8.95
unknown 24" sling (black gray orange) ?

paid $17.00 plus $5.00 shipping (way too much for the size of this package)

So I guess I got what I paid for. Just wish it came a little quicker.

I received mine yesterday. In it was (drumroll)...

1 (one) Omega Pacific #6 wedgie

That's it.

And I still have yet to receive several orders from 5-6 weeks ago. Unbelievable.

medicus

May 19, 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #70 of 90 (2171 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jd10] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You got screwed even more than the rest of us. I got 1 OP wedgie #10, two unknown dogbones, and some horrible piece of crap beanie that is pretty much so thin, it won't do jack, but it's okay because it is supposed to go underneath a helmet!

BS stuff is what I say. I still haven't received any confirmation of shipment or anything from the one that I originally started talking about though. The April 30th has not even had a shipping label printed or anything basically.

mtnbob

May 22, 2007, 6:23 AM
Post #71 of 90 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunately some people never change, and Shawn at COM is one of them. He has tried to pretend he sold the business and someone else is running it, but it is still him, still ripping off people. Still giving his customers grief for questioning where an order is after 30 days. Bummer

primus

May 22, 2007, 4:13 PM
Post #72 of 90 (2093 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mtnbob wrote:
Unfortunately some people never change, and Shawn at COM is one of them. He has tried to pretend he sold the business and someone else is running it, but it is still him, still ripping off people. Still giving his customers grief for questioning where an order is after 30 days. Bummer

Who in their right mind would buy that business given its terrible reputation?! Shawn's a moron, correction: Shawn's a dishonest moron. And I agree that it's too bad, it'd be great to have a place like SAC that offers climbing gear exclusively . If I had the time and resources I'd do it, but with a wife, two kids, a full-time job, and a severe addiction to climbing, that ain't gonna happen!

mtnbob

May 22, 2007, 4:16 PM
Post #73 of 90 (2088 views)
Shortcut

Re: [primus] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out
www.homecrag.com

dr_feelgood

May 22, 2007, 4:38 PM
Post #74 of 90 (2071 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mtnbob wrote:
Check out
www.homecrag.com

bent_gate

May 31, 2007, 6:01 AM
Post #75 of 90 (1994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

medicus wrote:
I contacted Shawn prior regarding the pair of Tiblocs for $9. I told him I was really wanting to pick up a pair, but the button on his site was broken. He replied that the button wasn't broken, that the site was just overloaded with THOUSANDS of climbers wanting to buy them. According to his own site, the most any amount of climbers has been on his site was February something, with 1500ish climbers online. I highly doubt that that measurement is correct because I have never seen more than 150 at any given time (and that is being very generous).

Look! $9 for two tiblocs again! Whoo-hoo!

Whoops, already sold out again! Must be those thousands of people clogging up the system again.

(This post was edited by bent_gate on May 31, 2007, 6:02 AM)
Attachments: Climbomatic.JPG (89.1 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook