W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dlintz

Aug 9, 2007, 5:09 AM
Post #26 of 48 (992 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yellow Tail? For maybe a buck or two more you can get Bonny Doon Big House Red...now that's a fine tasting cheap wine.

My ex-wife and I lived together for four years before we got married. After the first couple years she hounded me all the time about proposing but frankly I still wasn't ready (and I told her as much which really pissed her off).

After 3 years of marriage she decides to divorce me, among other reasons she thought we rushed into marriage too quickly. I reminded her of how pushy she was regarding getting hitched but she didn't remember it being that way. Crazy

d.

climbs4fun

Aug 9, 2007, 5:22 AM
Post #27 of 48 (985 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gwendolyn] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gwendolyn wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Sounds like an interesting dilema. I lived with a boyfriend once and his family was a lot like yours. Kept asking when we were getting married. Would have been the dumbest thing ever for us to get married. Glad we didn't.

Easier to see in retrospect but I'm sure you made a good call. Just imagine yourself married to the guy you were dating when you were sixteen, eighteen,... I barely resemble who I was that long ago, who's to say what exes are up to. They could be slinging yayo in Oakland for all I know.

I barely resemble the person I was at 25. I don't think I had a clue who the person I have become was until 30.

Partner camhead

Aug 9, 2007, 6:45 AM
Post #28 of 48 (971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoa, so this is what went down in community as I was driving back home from the airport...

good responses all.

I miss you already, clausti!

uhoh

Aug 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #29 of 48 (965 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
macherry wrote:

it's the initial shock with the folks, ...

'snot. told them, well, told mom, months ago. she said dad wasnt happy about it then.

this issue will never die, and i kinda feel like not answering the phone when its my family, for like a week. (aka everyone agrees with mom and dad)

Then don't answer. I don't answer the phone when my family calls because I already know that what'll happen is they'll run up my phone bill while nagging me to death. And I don't need to be dead right now and have a huge goddamn phone to boot.

Edit: Oh, and fuck ACDC.

(This post was edited by uhoh on Aug 9, 2007, 10:37 AM)

c4c

Aug 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #30 of 48 (962 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Clausti, I hope the hangover isn't too bad. Let me just say that we are all "living in sin" (even your parents).

For me it was the opposite I dated my wife when I was in 8th grade until I was out of HS. We wanted to get married but her dad said that I had to have at least $1000 in the bank before we could get married. I have never had that much in the bank (for more than a week) and we have been married for going on 15 years. You are the one who has to live with the results of your decisions. Do what you know is right.

BTW-Paul seems like a cool dude.

thomasribiere

Aug 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #31 of 48 (960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Who could trust a guy who denied his parents religion?!

c4c

Aug 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #32 of 48 (958 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thomasribiere wrote:
Who could trust a guy who denied his parents religion?!

Maybe a woman who denied her parents religion???!

robbovius

Aug 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #33 of 48 (957 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
I barely resemble the person I was at 25. I don't think I had a clue who the person I have become was until 30.

...doesn't end there either. now, at 51, the I view the person I was at 30 as an immature fool.

Partner wideguy

Aug 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #34 of 48 (951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:

...doesn't end there either. now, at 51, the I view the person I was at 30 as an immature fool.

Keep us updated Rob. I'll be interested to know if there's a tipping point. Wake up one morning and go "Holy shit... I was alot smarter yesterday. Where are my pants?"

robbovius

Aug 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #35 of 48 (940 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:

Keep us updated Rob. I'll be interested to know if there's a tipping point. Wake up one morning and go "Holy shit... I was alot smarter yesterday. Where are my pants?"

I dunno man, this whole aging thing is an insidious creeping incremental decreptitude...I might not notice, or beable to determine when I was smarter. I might not remember. and I won't be able to remember, that I can't remember. it's like watching the hour hand move, and not being able to remember that you're watching the hour hand move.

right now, I feel like, mi mind was quicker then, but I didn't have the life experience (AKA "wisdom") with which to make the smartest/most effective decisions.

...like I ever make those anyway.

(This post was edited by robbovius on Aug 9, 2007, 12:53 PM)

kyote321

Aug 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #36 of 48 (937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

don't give into that brainwashing. i went through years of that with my parents in different relationships.

i second bonnie doone being the best resonable priced wine. trader joes has some good ones too.

Partner macherry

Aug 10, 2007, 1:05 AM
Post #37 of 48 (888 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyote321] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i am currently waiting for a friend to finish her nursing shift, so we can go out for cheap wings and beer night.

i'll have a quick drink while i'm waiting

plund

Aug 10, 2007, 4:48 PM
Post #38 of 48 (859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah yes, the fandamily pressure....

My Mom (VERY devout Catholic, so yes I'm permanently scarred) used to ask / hint / cajole / guiltify me into going to church (long after I'd realized it just wasn't my thing)...I finally asked HER why she wanted me to go. Did she want me to attend because it was MY belief, or just because she wanted me to? I'm sure I'm a great disappontment to her (at least in that area) but she doesn't apply pressure anymore -- just an occasional mention around Christmas or Easter. Now it's my baby sis (who has provided the first grandchild) who gets to deal with all the good stuff...

**DISCLAIMER** - single, never married, misanthropic 41-yr old speaking...

If you do get married for ANY reason(s) other than your own, you're asking for a huge heap of trouble (and probably deserve it)

Good luck.....hope the hang wasn't crippling...

PS - How was the first glass of water the day after?? AAAHHH...vino....two buzzes for the price of one...

edited for typos...

(This post was edited by plund on Aug 10, 2007, 4:50 PM)

limeydave

Aug 11, 2007, 1:15 AM
Post #39 of 48 (834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [plund] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

plund wrote:
If you do get married for ANY reason(s) other than your own, you're asking for a huge heap of trouble (and probably deserve it)...

I got married for my own reasons and I still got a huge heap of trouble.

Draw your own conclusions from my bitter twisted logic..

thegreytradster

Aug 11, 2007, 2:36 AM
Post #40 of 48 (827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [limeydave] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Still, married life isn't too bad.

Check back in with us in about 40 years.

clausti

Aug 11, 2007, 2:41 AM
Post #41 of 48 (824 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thegreytradster] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thegreytradster wrote:
In reply to:

ppl are so negative.

i'm pretty effin glad my boyfriend's parents are still together, as are mine. ppl with divorced parents can be so soul-crushingly negative towards the entire concept.

climbsomething

Aug 11, 2007, 3:26 AM
Post #42 of 48 (815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
thegreytradster wrote:
In reply to:

ppl are so negative.

i'm pretty effin glad my boyfriend's parents are still together, as are mine. ppl with divorced parents can be so soul-crushingly negative towards the entire concept.
I'm rather negative toward the concept and my folks have been married for 33 years. Alex is neutral and his folks have been married for almost the same length of time. We've been together for about 4 years (living in sin for much of it) and if he proposed tonight I would say no. However, if he decided to get his own place, I'd be pretty wrecked. We're fine just how we are. I suppose I'm tremendously lucky that my parents don't harp on our unmarried, non-spawning lifestyle.

I do think simply registering at Bed Bath & Beyond would be cool though. We could use some new cookware and linens.

(This post was edited by climbsomething on Aug 11, 2007, 3:33 AM)

caughtinside

Aug 11, 2007, 3:28 AM
Post #43 of 48 (810 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could use some new linens?

You sure sound married to me!

climbsomething

Aug 11, 2007, 3:44 AM
Post #44 of 48 (807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

Heh. Actually, I'm just gross. I have several pets and a habit of getting nocturnal nosebleeds.

curt

Aug 11, 2007, 3:47 AM
Post #45 of 48 (807 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
thegreytradster wrote:
In reply to:

ppl are so negative.

Well, whether marriage is "good" as opposed to "bad" depends 100% on being with the right person. You and Paul are both great people--but (to go ahead and state the obvious) only you guys can figure out if you will be great together. Also, keep in mind that any free unsolicited advice you receive in this area is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Curt

zeke_sf

Aug 11, 2007, 4:05 AM
Post #46 of 48 (802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Heh. Actually, I'm just gross. I have several pets and a habit of getting nocturnal nosebleeds.

Nocturnal nosebleeds are a thing? Boy, that sucks. Are you sure your boyfriend isn't sleep-abusing you?

Partner macherry

Aug 11, 2007, 4:59 AM
Post #47 of 48 (793 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thegreytradster] W night, home alone, drinking a bottle of red wine bar [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thegreytradster wrote:
In reply to:

well, after 21 years, it's still pretty good

Partner lagarita

Aug 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #48 of 48 (764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to apologize right now for the fact that I have't read any of the previous posts. But I have already killed a bottle of Cayon road cabernet sauvignon and am working on a bottle of Gyser peak sauvignon blanc. I know it totally goes against the lightest to fullest rule, but I had some guests over and they wanted white while I was drinking red and I can't leave an open bottle alone.

Hope ya'all are doing as well as I am......

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook