Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
current access
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dvvclimb

Apr 16, 2006, 3:07 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2247 views)
Shortcut

current access  (North_America: United_States: Illinois: North_West: Mississippi_Palisades)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's been a while since I've been to the Palisades. My guidebook (current?) is dated 1999 and says that Forgotten Wall and Sun Buttress are closed to climbing. Anybody know if these areas are still closed? Any other access changes in the last 7 years? (aside from Amphitheater)

Thanks

dripdry

May 27, 2006, 3:24 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2247 views)
Shortcut

Re: current access [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We're heading out there in about 30 minutes. If we get kicked out for climbing any of those, or learn anything, I'll post some info.

I mean, come on, somebody needs to show some love for the northern part of illinois, right? :D

dripdry

Aug 23, 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dvvclimb] current access [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No NEW access issues to report (thanks for reminding me, keyless!). Of course, the south half of the sentinel is closed, and farther down the buttress is, indeed, closed to climbing. I'm not sure I'd *want* to climb it, from the looks of it.

I'll admit, though, that I really don't think much gets climbed but what's right near the Sentinel. I could be wrong, of course, but it could also be pretty manky rock.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook