Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

edmontonalta

Aug 26, 2007, 2:12 AM
Post #1 of 33 (4267 views)
Shortcut

Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Assuming you have the strap buckled. Im talking about a snow slope with lots of trees and cliffs. How fast will a pack get ripped off you? Being separated from all your gear can be a death sentence. How far will a pack travel once separated compared to a person falling down the same slope?

rymep

Aug 26, 2007, 2:23 AM
Post #2 of 33 (4260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edmontonalta] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

So now that you've gotten the pack you're trying to figure out how much farther down the body is?

time2clmb

Aug 26, 2007, 2:55 AM
Post #3 of 33 (4237 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edmontonalta] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta wrote:
Assuming you have the strap buckled. Im talking about a snow slope with lots of trees and cliffs. How fast will a pack get ripped off you? Being separated from all your gear can be a death sentence. How far will a pack travel once separated compared to a person falling down the same slope?

Yeah...this isn't a troll. It's even worse than your other posts.

edmontonalta

Aug 26, 2007, 3:35 AM
Post #4 of 33 (4214 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rymep] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rymep wrote:
So now that you've gotten the pack you're trying to figure out how much farther down the body is?

I'm still looking for pack. There is no body to find. I'll explain the full story when I recover the pack.

erick

Aug 26, 2007, 3:59 AM
Post #5 of 33 (4196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta wrote:
How far will a pack travel once separated compared to a person falling down the same slope?

come again?Crazy

coastal_climber

Aug 26, 2007, 4:00 AM
Post #6 of 33 (4196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not tell us the whole "story" *cough, bullshit* so we can explain to a n00b how best to go about killing herself.

>Cam

jakedatc

Aug 26, 2007, 4:15 AM
Post #7 of 33 (4184 views)
Shortcut

Re: [coastal_climber] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

coastal_climber wrote:
Why not tell us the whole "story" *cough, bullshit* so we can explain to a n00b how best to go about killing herself.

>Cam

This is gunna require a lot of red arrows... perhaps an asteroid with a tree grove on top.

edmontonalta

Aug 26, 2007, 4:39 AM
Post #8 of 33 (4168 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erick] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erick wrote:
edmontonalta wrote:
How far will a pack travel once separated compared to a person falling down the same slope?

come again?Crazy

Asume someone is sliding down a snow slope with lots of trees and 20- 60 ft cliffs for about half a kilometer. How will the pack separate from the person and where would you expect to find the pack.

Im guessing the plastic buckle breaks from impact or catches on something and breaks quite fast? The buckle on one of my packs broke after falling down 20 ft cliff.

kriso9tails

Aug 26, 2007, 4:58 AM
Post #9 of 33 (4153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know, I had this exact question the other week, so I strapped on my pack and threw myself down a steep, snow-covered hill over and over until I had comprehensive results.

I'd share those results, but...

i) I had to type this whole post with my nose 'cause that's the only thing i didn't break

ii) I hit my head so many times that I'm too retarded to interpret the results... and as one can imagine, from the very fact of having this question in me head, I had to be pretty retarded to start with, and...

iii) In retrospect, I can now see with the clarity the even particularly stupid root vegetables can attain, that this is purely contextual and can't really be answered.

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Aug 26, 2007, 9:20 AM)

majid_sabet

Aug 26, 2007, 5:03 AM
Post #10 of 33 (4147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta

I bet you 1/2 RC is willing to get bend over so you can just shaft it to them hard but then leave this site alone once forever..

edmontonalta

Aug 26, 2007, 5:12 AM
Post #11 of 33 (4139 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have half a mile of mountain covered in bush to search. Any ideas are welcome.

kriso9tails

Aug 26, 2007, 5:29 AM
Post #12 of 33 (4126 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
edmontonalta

I bet you 1/2 RC is willing to get bend over so you can just shaft it to them hard but then leave this site alone once forever..

I'm firmly in the other half... the half that wants it to be gentle.

flint

Aug 26, 2007, 6:26 AM
Post #13 of 33 (4102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta wrote:
I have half a mile of mountain covered in bush to search. Any ideas are welcome.

Three cliffs down, about 35 meters away from the falls. Me and some buddies were up your way and I asked around at a gear shop or two. They told us where you were going.

I have your pack, a full discription of its contents and the color and I will gladly send it your way.

valeberga

Aug 26, 2007, 7:00 AM
Post #14 of 33 (4084 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flint] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

give you $3.75 for it flint but only if the plastic buckle isn't broken

majid_sabet

Aug 26, 2007, 7:15 AM
Post #15 of 33 (4070 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flint] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flint

I was you ,I would keet it till he goes and signs up for 6 months of mountaineering course and 3 month of Fu8king rope work so he get his own pack on his next expedition.

wolfski

Aug 26, 2007, 8:52 AM
Post #16 of 33 (4056 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ive posted on a number of boards in the years and this could be the dumbest troll work ive ever seen

shiro16

Aug 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #17 of 33 (4036 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yes, my pack stays on.

bent_gate

Aug 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #18 of 33 (4020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wolfski] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Look, it's an even bigger troll:

dennyg

Aug 26, 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #19 of 33 (4018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really have to spend more time reading this stuff. Oh my God Funny.

Now, tell us what you really mean.
I'm dieing here.
Heel, if I was falling 40 60 feet, I wouldn't be looking for my backpack...
I'd be looking for the rip cord. Help, Mr. Wizard.

give it up...
you funny

put one foot in front-of the other an soon you'll be rolling down the hill

notch

Aug 27, 2007, 5:01 PM
Post #20 of 33 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
You know, I had this exact question the other week, so I strapped on my pack and threw myself down a steep, snow-covered hill over and over until I had comprehensive results.

I'd share those results, but...

i) I had to type this whole post with my nose 'cause that's the only thing i didn't break

ii) I hit my head so many times that I'm too retarded to interpret the results... and as one can imagine, from the very fact of having this question in me head, I had to be pretty retarded to start with, and...

iii) In retrospect, I can now see with the clarity the even particularly stupid root vegetables can attain, that this is purely contextual and can't really be answered.

Best post I've seen in months. TROPHY

reno

Aug 27, 2007, 9:56 PM
Post #21 of 33 (3881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta wrote:

Napalm and a couple Ohio Blue Tip matches ought to do the trick.

Stay upwind, so as not to breathe in the fumes. Watch out for Global Waming nuts who will want to protest your actions.

dingus

Aug 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #22 of 33 (3870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hehe you can certainly tell the *mere* rock climbers
from the mountaineers on this thread!

To the OP: WE (Montani Semper Liberi) don't lose our packs when sliding down steep tree covered snow slopes.

DMT

(This post was edited by dingus on Aug 27, 2007, 10:09 PM)

kriso9tails

Aug 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #23 of 33 (3843 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
Hehe you can certainly tell the *mere* rock climbers
from the mountaineers on this thread!

To the OP: WE (Montani Semper Liberi) don't lose our packs when sliding down steep tree covered snow slopes.

DMT

You might not have lost your pack there, but how'd you manage to misplace the rest of the world? Careful not to ski off the edge... I hear there're dragons in the void.

billcoe_

Sep 11, 2007, 5:00 AM
Post #24 of 33 (3680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edmontonalta wrote:

Is it safe to assume that you died on your trip back up to get your $20 pack and you have now spared us from your further attempts at trolling?

You haven't posted for some time.

edmontonalta

Sep 11, 2007, 7:46 AM
Post #25 of 33 (3638 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Does your pack stay on when you fall down a snow slope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
edmontonalta wrote:

Is it safe to assume that you died on your trip back up to get your $20 pack and you have now spared us from your further attempts at trolling?

You haven't posted for some time.

I recovered the $20 pack . Im still looking for the other pack. It's somebody else's pack. I don't know whats in it. The climbing experience was quite stressful and unpleasant for me. My camera is sitting on this 30 ft cliff but Im procrastinating going to get it. I'm now thinking the pack might be higher up in the falls so you guys might hear from me again if I decide to do some more "climbing". I've found lots of balloons if that counts for anything.

I found a petzl vertex helmet that sar left behind.
Should I keep it or return it to them? There were snow goggles(smith) inside the helmet. The goggles have two lenses and crap has got in between the two lenses. Im not sure if that is worth repairing. There was an ear phone(for helicopter noise?) on the the helmet but an animal ate the ear cushion-er.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook