Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

jakedatc

Feb 10, 2008, 2:47 PM
Post #26 of 85 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtengaio] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

mtengaio wrote:
but then again not every pro climber tries so hard to be so cool like Joe Kinder. There's a fine line between self promotion and self absorption.

mtengaio wrote:
And to mock Sharma for his attitude – get a life man.

Perhaps you should read what you're writing..

miavzero

Feb 10, 2008, 3:06 PM
Post #27 of 85 (8285 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is retarded. I have climbed with Joe on a few occasions, and he's just a psyched kid making a (quite modest) living doing what he loves. Sure, I have read blurbs in the climbing media, and he comes off as being a really goofy kid, but remember that part of getting recognized and making a living as a professional climber is playing an image and drawing attention to yourself. If Joe didn't do this, this thread would not exist, and he would just be one of those strong climbers put on the back burner of our memory.
Joe understands that he is a somewhat-public figure, and does not get too worked up over stuff like this, so perhaps I should do the same.
HOLAAA SUCKASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Partner camhead

Feb 10, 2008, 4:26 PM
Post #28 of 85 (8272 views)
Shortcut

Re: [miavzero] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kinder and Lauren Lee are the two most over-represented climbers in mags today. boring.

(This post was edited by camhead on Feb 10, 2008, 4:27 PM)

MonkeyInTraining

Feb 10, 2008, 7:20 PM
Post #29 of 85 (8227 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

"This thread is retarded... HOLAAA SUCKASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

Guess what, so are you. Hola suckas? I guess you are into thin excuses for personality. Keep getting your witty dialogue from MTV 'yo', it makes you so much more persuasive.

God I hate that sound, the sound of young stupid people using pop culture slang to sound cool because they are to young and dumb to sound intelligent. Sad thing is it wouldn't have been a bad post if not for calling everyone who posted previously a retard and then using some really awfull wanna be mall gangsta crap at the end.

I suspect people are bugged by this guy Joe K. because he is trying to appeal to stupid 'wanna be ghetto cuzz its cool' teenagers (or even worse he is one). Just ignore the loser everyone grows up eventually (except 'gangstas!' they just whine like babes about how bad they used to be, I see them muttering in the gutter in the TL alll the time).

I don't know who Joe koolguy is but I dislike him just for the fact that someone used the slang 'holla suckas' in his defense. To me the glorification of the fucking murders and shit I get to see and/or hear about every day in this large city I live in is putting oneself on the side of the shitheads wreaking this world and the fucking hard work generations of men and women performed. So they can be 'gangsta'. Please go to hell and die quickly so we can start to fix things.

Edit: OK I looked at his site, he uses the words 'ballin in da mix' to describe a group of climbers gathering for a sponsor photo shoot, I hate him. Fucking idiots like this make me sick. White boy wanna be gangsta. 3 weeks ago a guy was shot and killed one block from my place for 20 bucks, just enough for a rock. I would suggest all you stupid ass white kids come to the inner city and hang out a bit so you can learn what that slang you so love to bug your parents with is really about. Fucking worthless fucks.

(This post was edited by MonkeyInTraining on Feb 10, 2008, 7:27 PM)

jakedatc

Feb 10, 2008, 7:56 PM
Post #30 of 85 (8208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MonkeyInTraining] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MonkeyInTraining wrote:

Guess what, so are you. Hola suckas? I guess you are into thin excuses for personality. Keep getting your witty dialogue from MTV 'yo', it makes you so much more persuasive.

God I hate that sound, the sound of young stupid people using pop culture slang to sound cool because they are to young and dumb to sound intelligent. Sad thing is it wouldn't have been a bad post if not for calling everyone who posted previously a retard and then using some really awfull wanna be mall gangsta crap at the end.

I suspect people are bugged by this guy Joe K. because he is trying to appeal to stupid 'wanna be ghetto cuzz its cool' teenagers (or even worse he is one). Just ignore the loser everyone grows up eventually (except 'gangstas!' they just whine like babes about how bad they used to be, I see them muttering in the gutter in the TL alll the time).

I don't know who Joe koolguy is but I dislike him just for the fact that someone used the slang 'holla suckas' in his defense. To me the glorification of the fucking murders and shit I get to see and/or hear about every day in this large city I live in is putting oneself on the side of the shitheads wreaking this world and the fucking hard work generations of men and women performed. So they can be 'gangsta'. Please go to hell and die quickly so we can start to fix things.

Edit: OK I looked at his site, he uses the words 'ballin in da mix' to describe a group of climbers gathering for a sponsor photo shoot, I hate him. Fucking idiots like this make me sick. White boy wanna be gangsta. 3 weeks ago a guy was shot and killed one block from my place for 20 bucks, just enough for a rock. I would suggest all you stupid ass white kids come to the inner city and hang out a bit so you can learn what that slang you so love to bug your parents with is really about. Fucking worthless fucks.

HAHAHA

... that is all

miavzero

Feb 10, 2008, 7:56 PM
Post #31 of 85 (8206 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of thin attempts at discourse...
MonkeyInTraining wrote:

I do concede that my use of the word "retarded" was a poor way to express my disapproval of passing judgment on the character of a human being whom someone has never met.

DON'T H8 THA PLAYA, H8 THA GAME!Wink

MonkeyInTraining

Feb 10, 2008, 8:25 PM
Post #32 of 85 (8193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess your to stupid to realize when a person puts up a public web page they are asking for people to make an opinion of the aspects of their life which they choose to publicly display. If you ever get past the idol worshiping you might be able to see your heros as people. I suspect most of your heros are pretty shitty examples of people based upon your use of language. Oh yeah I know, "dont judge me by my language" LOL that is the standered way to judge someone, by what they say. Just as some have judged this Joe guy based upon what he put out on public display.

Get a fucking clue, a web page is to introduce yourself to the world and the content is to shape an image of oneself. If some dont like that image the person ether ignores gets over or changes the content. Asking people, no wait what you were doing is telling people, actually telling people 'you should not have an opinion of my friend joe based upon what he put online, for people to make opinions about'. You are a fucking retard.

miavzero

Feb 10, 2008, 8:35 PM
Post #33 of 85 (8188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MonkeyInTraining wrote:
I guess your to stupid to realize when a person puts up a public web page they are asking for people to make an opinion of the aspects of their life which they choose to publicly display. If you ever get past the idol worshiping you might be able to see your heros as people. I suspect most of your heros are pretty shitty examples of people based upon your use of language. Oh yeah I know, "dont judge me by my language" LOL that is the standered way to judge someone, by what they say. Just as some have judged this Joe guy based upon what he put out on public display.

Get a fucking clue, a web page is to introduce yourself to the world and the content is to shape an image of oneself. If some dont like that image the person ether ignores gets over or changes the content. Asking people, no wait what you were doing is telling people, actually telling people 'you should not have an opinion of my friend joe based upon what he put online, for people to make opinions about'. You are a fucking retard.
Quoted for posterity.
You are correct. We do judge people by what they say and how they represent themselves on the internet.

(This post was edited by miavzero on Feb 10, 2008, 8:40 PM)

freeledgeledgy

Feb 10, 2008, 9:46 PM
Post #34 of 85 (8162 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

GeneralBenson wrote:
Does anyone else feel like Joe Kinder is trying really, really, REALLY hard to be cool. And failing. I've never seen anyone who climbs 5.14 come across so freaking insecure. And holy crap, by the cover of Spray, I thought it was a new season of Dawson's Creek on DVD.

HAHA Nail on the head: Dawson's Creek
Hot Blondes and the newest dope threads bro

organic

Feb 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #35 of 85 (8148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
aerili wrote:
clausti, are you still trying to prove you're not a boy again??? Ha ha, jus kiddin... Tongue

sadly, no, i was trying to prove that i don't like joe kinder, AND that i think the mags are still sexist in their catering to a perceived reader base. apparently i failed.

clausti is not a boy????? mutha f$#&^!

(This post was edited by organic on Feb 10, 2008, 11:08 PM)

Partner camhead

Feb 10, 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #36 of 85 (8133 views)
Shortcut

Re: [organic] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

organic wrote:
clausti wrote:
aerili wrote:
clausti, are you still trying to prove you're not a boy again??? Ha ha, jus kiddin... Tongue

sadly, no, i was trying to prove that i don't like joe kinder, AND that i think the mags are still sexist in their catering to a perceived reader base. apparently i failed.

what?

organic

Feb 10, 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #37 of 85 (8130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
organic wrote:
clausti wrote:
aerili wrote:

what?

Exactly

aerili

Feb 11, 2008, 3:30 AM
Post #38 of 85 (8092 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MonkeyInTraining wrote:
OK I looked at his site, he uses the words 'ballin in da mix' to describe a group of climbers gathering for a sponsor photo shoot, I hate him.

What will he do when he wakes up one day and realizes he is 100% whitebread?

Attachments: dynamitesmiley.gif (7.15 KB)

justroberto

Feb 11, 2008, 3:49 PM
Post #39 of 85 (8029 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dlintz] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dlintz wrote:
I only look at pics of Joe to see if they include Collette.

d.
Seriously...Can we dispense with the arguing and get this thing going in the direction we all know it's headed?

Pictures of Collette:

Partner camhead

Feb 11, 2008, 4:10 PM
Post #40 of 85 (8014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

justroberto wrote:
dlintz wrote:

d.
Seriously...Can we dispense with the arguing and get this thing going in the direction we all know it's headed?

Pictures of Collette:

nawt that hawt.

where's she from, Nose City? Bignose.

dlintz

Feb 11, 2008, 5:32 PM
Post #41 of 85 (7952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
justroberto wrote:
dlintz wrote:

d.

Pictures of Collette:

nawt that hawt.

where's she from, Nose City? Bignose.

Who knows, who cares.

d.

corson

Feb 11, 2008, 5:43 PM
Post #42 of 85 (7946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gimikspitter] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DIE
THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MadUnsure

justroberto

Feb 11, 2008, 8:33 PM
Post #43 of 85 (7911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dlintz] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

GeneralBenson

Feb 15, 2008, 4:41 AM
Post #44 of 85 (7813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gimikspitter] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gimikspitter wrote:
It seems every Pro climber is creating a website...check out this interesting one...

http://www.joekindkid.com

I wonder if the OP was Joe? Only two posts, and who else would go out of their way to point out his website. Gimikspitter sounds about on target.

sterlingjim

Feb 15, 2008, 5:00 AM
Post #45 of 85 (7808 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is pathetic! Joe is a super nice guy. I've know him for 6 or 7 years and I don't think I've ever heard him say an unkind word to anyone. He's just as psyched for someone who sending their first climb as he is for someone sending 5.15. His persona is not for everyone. Who gives a crap?! Get over it.

dlintz

Feb 15, 2008, 6:23 AM
Post #46 of 85 (7790 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sterlingjim] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

True Jim, there's a lot of bashing going on here. I've never met Joe (or Colette for that matter).

Speaking of Colette....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFGL7NTRAiU

Tongue

d.

clausti

Feb 15, 2008, 5:03 PM
Post #47 of 85 (7744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sterlingjim wrote:
This thread is pathetic! Joe is a super nice guy. I've know him for 6 or 7 years and I don't think I've ever heard him say an unkind word to anyone. He's just as psyched for someone who sending their first climb as he is for someone sending 5.15. His persona is not for everyone. Who gives a crap?! Get over it.

his persona may not be for everyone, but you have to understand, as i'm sure you do, that the vast majority of those reading and posting in this thread will never know what he's like in person, so all they have to go on are the magazine articles about his "skrillaz."

and i certainly feel that those of us that are offended by his statements about women are entitled to say that we'd rather see less of him TALKING in magazines.

sterlingjim

Feb 15, 2008, 8:11 PM
Post #48 of 85 (7701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's one thing to take him to task for making offensive remarks but engaging in full on character assassination is entirely another matter. I understand very well that his persona lends itself readily to ridicule. The critical remarks here, however, cross that line and are not based on first hand experiences.
If folks genuinely wish to see and read less of him then perhaps a more constructive thing to do would be to write/email the mags, which, BTW seem to be catering specifically to the Joe Kinder style demographic these days.

clausti

Feb 15, 2008, 8:24 PM
Post #49 of 85 (7690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sterlingjim wrote:
It's one thing to take him to task for making offensive remarks but engaging in full on character assassination is entirely another matter. I understand very well that his persona lends itself readily to ridicule. The critical remarks here, however, cross that line and are not based on first hand experiences.
If folks genuinely wish to see and read less of him then perhaps a more constructive thing to do would be to write/email the mags, which, BTW seem to be catering specifically to the Joe Kinder style demographic these days.

if they are catering to the joe kinder demographic, and that demographic is buying their magazines, why would they care that his interviews are offensive? i certainly see no business model oriented reason for them to change that based on my feedback.

i dont think it does any good things for the sport in general or young climbers specifically to glorify and give press time to people like joe kinder, when he uses that press time to persist in making sexist remarks, but i also dont see any reason why me calling the magazines would make a difference- for the above demographic reasons among many others, i dont buy them.

it is a self-reinforcing catch-22, concerning the magazines.

however, i'm sure joe knows how he comes off, and it seems to be working for him so far, so i dont expect any change on that front either.

sterlingjim

Feb 15, 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #50 of 85 (7656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
i certainly see no business model oriented reason for them to change that based on my feedback.

My point is that it seems that demographic is who they are catering to. Apparently there are other readers (you) out there, even if they don't buy the mag, who have opinions about the content. I suspect there are many others that do buy and feel the same as you.

clausti wrote:
...but i also dont see any reason why me calling the magazines would make a difference...

There's only one way to find out.

BTW, I don't care for Joe's public self either but I do like him. I'm just not going to cast judgment on anyone from what I read in magazines with content I don't care for or fully trust.

I honestly can't say I've read any degrading comments made by Joe. Guess I'd have to read the mags more to do that but that's probably not going to happen.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook