Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

clausti

May 15, 2008, 2:07 AM
Post #126 of 145 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

is this a real video? i'm tired of wading through captain majid soccer balls trying to find it.

i want a linky, por favor.

Partner epoch

May 15, 2008, 2:12 AM
Post #127 of 145 (3439 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
is this a real video? i'm tired of wading through captain majid soccer balls trying to find it.

other thread

stymingersfink

May 15, 2008, 2:31 AM
Post #128 of 145 (3422 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
clausti wrote:

other thread
i find it funny that the rappel appeared less than 30', and did not involve an ATC or other tube-style device.

Partner angry

May 15, 2008, 2:41 AM
Post #129 of 145 (3417 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
epoch wrote:
clausti wrote:

other thread
i find it funny that the rappel appeared less than 30', and did not involve an ATC or other tube-style device.

That and the longer rappel is one I said would work but my judgement call was that it was too dangerous.

After all this shit, he comes to the same conclusions as me.

1. Rapping with two strand is too dangerous. Thus rendering his 30 feet with 5 arguement to be shit.

2. Rapping with 4 strands works but is a bad idea.

He needed to rap 30 feet and pass knots with 2 strands. I don't blame him for not doing it, I wouldn't.

Edited to add, I was about 200' up free soloing today when I got a phone call informing me that majid had posted a video.

I had the Captain Majid theme song in my head the rest of the day.

(This post was edited by angry on May 15, 2008, 2:42 AM)

clausti

May 15, 2008, 2:44 AM
Post #130 of 145 (3415 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
epoch wrote:
clausti wrote:

other thread

what do you mean didnt involve an ATC? the video i saw def had him using an ATC.

stymingersfink

May 15, 2008, 2:45 AM
Post #131 of 145 (3413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
epoch wrote:
clausti wrote:

other thread

what do you mean didnt involve an ATC? the video i saw def had him using an ATC.
i guess i only bothered to watch the one involving his super-special ultra-modified SAR-personnel-only Figure 8.

Partner angry

May 15, 2008, 2:51 AM
Post #132 of 145 (3410 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
i guess i only bothered to watch the one involving his super-special ultra-modified SAR-personnel-only Figure 8.

And that was the only video that counted as I'd already confirmed that rapping with 4 strands was totally possible.

This exercise only confirmed my findings, not debunked them.

My only flaw was the actual title of the thread, I did not debunk the bluejay theory, if anything I may have confirmed that it is (barely) plausible. It'sa the 30 in 5 idea that Majid and I are both dismissing as horseshit. However it rolled off the tongue so nicely that I titled it incorrectly anyway.

stymingersfink

May 15, 2008, 3:48 AM
Post #133 of 145 (3387 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:

And that was the only video that counted as I'd already confirmed that rapping with 4 strands was totally possible.

This exercise only confirmed my findings, not debunked them.

My only flaw was the actual title of the thread, I did not debunk the bluejay theory, if anything I may have confirmed that it is (barely) plausible. It'sa the 30 in 5 idea that Majid and I are both dismissing as horseshit. However it rolled off the tongue so nicely that I titled it incorrectly anyway.
guess next time you won't be quite so quick to hit "post reply" before thinking through what you have written, eh?

FTR, i've yet to see this "list" of majoridiot's rc.n00b friends.

I'm sure it would fit on the head of a pin though.

majid_sabet

May 15, 2008, 5:05 AM
Post #134 of 145 (3362 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Angry
Grow up,learn something or nothing and accept the fact that you lost and do not ever try to challenge me on something you have no knowledge about.

Beside that, do not ever say that "this was no personal attack on Majid or whatever"

In fact, your point was to just to do personal attack but you ended up with bloody noise in your own court.

My piece of advice to you; try to learn something that I do not know and then come back to challenge me.

till then, you are officially a looser in RC till proven otherwise.

(This post was edited by majid_sabet on May 15, 2008, 5:08 AM)

shorty

May 15, 2008, 1:03 PM
Post #135 of 145 (3337 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
shorty wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
You failed due to lack of skills and not knowing how to use tools to create friction.

Translation for angry:

"You failed due to lack of skills and knowledge of creating friction on your tool."

Angry -- sadly, you lose here. Majid is undeniably the uber-master of friction and dry tooling.

Did you read his rebuttal? He basically agreed with everything I said and declared himself the winner.
Corrected for spelling:

He basically agreed with everything I said and declared himself the wiener.

Valarc

May 15, 2008, 1:56 PM
Post #136 of 145 (3320 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Angry

Grow up,learn something or nothing and accept the fact that you lost and do not ever try to challenge me on something you have no knowledge about.

Except, of course, he didn't lose. You accomplished a ~20 foot rappel on static line pulled from an 11mm rope (who the hell would have an 11mm static line climbing?). You used twice as many strands as were realistic, from a different type of rope than is realistic, and rapped a much shorter distance than your original claim.

You may have confirmed the plausibility of rappelling on strands removed from a rope's core, but you have IN NO WAY confirmed the magnitude of your original claims - 30 meters on 5 feet of rope left after your lead line had been cut.

Car analogies are so over-used, but I'm going to use one anyway. Your claiming you won would be like Ford advertising a car that can go 300 miles on a tank of vegetable oil, then claiming "mission accomplished" when they came out with a car that gets 200 miles on a tank of vegetable-oil derived biodiesel. Sure, it might be similar on the surface, but it's still confirming that the original claim is horseshit.

You haven't won. Take your arrogant ass back to your corner and draw some red and green arrows.

(This post was edited by Valarc on May 15, 2008, 2:01 PM)

chadnsc

May 15, 2008, 3:27 PM
Post #137 of 145 (3281 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lets not forget that majid also used "5 + feet" of that 11 mm static line. In majid speak that could be anywhere from 5'-1" to 5'-11"

majid was supposed to:
Rappel 30 feet on 5 feet of dynamic rope using 2 strands of the ropes core.

what majid did:
Rappelled 20 feet on "5+ feet" (majids words) of 11mm static line using 4 strands of the core.

(This post was edited by chadnsc on May 15, 2008, 3:54 PM)

WVUCLMBR

May 15, 2008, 3:32 PM
Post #138 of 145 (3274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are right. He probably could have gotten away with it had he not been such a cocky-dickweed after. If he was going to go to all that effort at least stick to the conditions that were originally presented.

Partner angry

May 15, 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #139 of 145 (3272 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You've verified my point not disproven it Majid.

Gmburns2000

May 15, 2008, 3:41 PM
Post #140 of 145 (3265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Lets not forget that majid also use "5 + feet" of that 11 mm static line. In majid speak that could be anywhere from 5'-1" to 5'-11"

majid was supposed to:
Rappel 30 feet on 5 feet of dynamic rope using 2 strands of the ropes core.

what majid did:
Rappelled 20 feet on "5+ feet" (majids words) of 11mm static line using 4 strands of the core.

Why are people posting the exact same thing on two different threads? Kind of takes away from reading each one.

chadnsc

May 15, 2008, 3:53 PM
Post #141 of 145 (3260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well actually I'm posting it on three different threads because someone started two other threads dealing with this topic. Well technically someone started one other thread dealing with this topic. The third thread regarding this topic seems to deal more with anal sex.

Now you don't have to go between three threads to get all the information. Tongue

Partner epoch

May 15, 2008, 7:31 PM
Post #142 of 145 (3208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Majid, Angry, et al.:

The conversations regarding the tests in the Lab are now spread across three forums in six threads. The Lab is the place to show your methods and results of your hypothesis and those threads are doing well on thier own. However, please refrain from creating more threads about this topic.

Also, a reminder before it becomes any more heated:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated towards any member of this site. If you come off as vindictive or crass you will recieve a time out from the forum. This is your only warning.

clausti

May 15, 2008, 9:39 PM
Post #143 of 145 (3188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Majid, Angry, et al.:

The conversations regarding the tests in the Lab are now spread across three forums in six threads. The Lab is the place to show your methods and results of your hypothesis and those threads are doing well on thier own. However, please refrain from creating more threads about this topic.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated towards any member of this site. If you come off as vindictive or crass you will recieve a time out from the forum. This is your only warning.

are you shitting me spock? god forbid there should be interest in gear tests OR personalities splashed all over this lame ass website.

you hear that, kids? keep it DOWN in there.

Partner angry

May 15, 2008, 9:45 PM
Post #144 of 145 (3184 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
epoch wrote:
Majid, Angry, et al.:

are you shitting me spock? god forbid there should be interest in gear tests OR personalities splashed all over this lame ass website.

you hear that, kids? keep it DOWN in there.

No doubt, he's become the tool he thought he wasn't.

Fuckstick behavior is expected whenever anyone gets any power, even retarded internet power. Epock has gone the way of the short bus, big dumb grin and happy to on board. Fuckstick behavior experiment

stymingersfink

May 16, 2008, 1:05 AM
Post #145 of 145 (3152 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Majid, Angry, et al.:

funny to see an only warning in at least a half dozen places.

BTW, nice find there angry. I mean the fuckstick experiment link.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : The Lab

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook