Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

wonderwoman

Sep 12, 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #176 of 237 (1724 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] thread drift [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Do you think there's high fructose corn syrup in pancakes?

Maddhatter

Sep 12, 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #177 of 237 (1720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] thread drift [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
this is what happens when someone starts a mildly on topic thread under the influence - massive drift. now we're debating high fructose corn syrup on a "general" climbing forum. insert profanity here ______. thanks interweb.

And now, You are to! LOL

(This post was edited by Maddhatter on Sep 12, 2008, 12:14 AM)

onarunning

Sep 12, 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #178 of 237 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wear short shorts. The high school cross country racing type. They make me not want to hang in my harness.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Sep 12, 2008, 1:59 AM
Post #179 of 237 (1694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kranney] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

STFU life n00b!!!!

You are so pig ignorant of the world you’re worse than if I took my 40+ year old fat arse to a crag (6 hours away) and talked how “I’m ready to get my send on” and “I got all the right pro, bro” and how “this doesn’t look that much harder than the wall at Dick’s” or even “that crux, dude, looks has the same move as do daily on my woodie”. I’m not stupid enough to do that. (Do other things, not that.)

Listen – if you think you are saving the earth, you are wrong, you are, in all likelihood, doing more damage than >99% than of all homo sapiens who have ever lived. If you think “baking my own bread” is good for the earth – wrong – wasting energy. If you think buying local is good for the earth – wrong – wasting energy. If you think buying organic is good for the earth – wrong – uses more land than conventional farming. If you think buying organic is chemical free – wrong – remember ricin and arsenic is a nice and organic chemicals. And If you think you are too good to shop walmart, then you aren’t, your too stupid to shop walmart. Too stupid to shop walmart is like being too drunk to fish. There are people who are, but they shouldn’t be bragging about it.

If you want to know if high tech climbing cloths are worth the money – ask away. There are plenty of people with well informed opinions. Otherwise STFU.

Oh, and while I’m at it, Aceto – I’ve read Terence McKenna and you sir are no Terence McKenna.

1st POST!

wonderwoman

Sep 12, 2008, 2:07 AM
Post #180 of 237 (1688 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
STFU life n00b!!!!

You are so pig ignorant of the world you’re worse than if I took my 40+ year old fat arse to a crag (6 hours away) and talked how “I’m ready to get my send on” and “I got all the right pro, bro” and how “this doesn’t look that much harder than the wall at Dick’s” or even “that crux, dude, looks has the same move as do daily on my woodie”. I’m not stupid enough to do that. (Do other things, not that.)

Listen – if you think you are saving the earth, you are wrong, you are, in all likelihood, doing more damage than >99% than of all homo sapiens who have ever lived. If you think “baking my own bread” is good for the earth – wrong – wasting energy. If you think buying local is good for the earth – wrong – wasting energy. If you think buying organic is good for the earth – wrong – uses more land than conventional farming. If you think buying organic is chemical free – wrong – remember ricin and arsenic is a nice and organic chemicals. And If you think you are too good to shop walmart, then you aren’t, your too stupid to shop walmart. Too stupid to shop walmart is like being too drunk to fish. There are people who are, but they shouldn’t be bragging about it.

If you want to know if high tech climbing cloths are worth the money – ask away. There are plenty of people with well informed opinions. Otherwise STFU.

Oh, and while I’m at it, Aceto – I’ve read Terence McKenna and you sir are no Terence McKenna.

1st POST!

Reading this post? Wasting energy!

kranney

Sep 12, 2008, 2:12 AM
Post #181 of 237 (1686 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
STFU life n00b!!!!

1st POST!

I imagine this is a troll, and for your sake hope so. I do wonder what you suggest as alternatives for attempting to spend my money in a way that is environmentally responsible. I never claimed to "bake my own bread" and never insinuated that I was too good to shop at walmart, hell I never even mentioned walmart. Those are inferences that you made on your own. How is it possible that buying products made or grown near your home consumes more energy than trucking it in from somewhere else? Congrats on the 1st post.

Maddhatter

Sep 12, 2008, 2:21 AM
Post #182 of 237 (1680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

STFU life n00b!!!!

1st POST!

Welcome to the forum. Your going to fit right in.

The soap box is down at the bottom.

rtwilli4

Sep 12, 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #183 of 237 (1675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

STFU life n00b!!!!

1st POST!
Did you sign up just to tell us all that? Now I've taken plenty of criticism for what I wrote but at least it was educated. You sir, are just plain dumb.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Sep 12, 2008, 2:38 AM
Post #184 of 237 (1673 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kranney] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I’m sorry, I must have missed something. I thought that here:

1) You should state everything with a broad brush, ignore facts, and hint, but not directly actually insult, someone who can climb better than you
2) Stake out an position, defend it, then back off it “facts” get in the way
3) Take open pot shots at anything that is not based on climbing best practices

I’m sorry, does that make me a troll?????

As for energy usage: overall it takes less energy to get an equivalent can of tomatoes from Cali to a super market in Mass (via rail) than it takes to get the same from local farms to the same supermarket via pickup truck. You might have heard of this concept: Economics of scale. Not all that is painted green is good for the “environment”.

Ooops did I do it again? (Then spank me one more time)

rtwilli4

Sep 12, 2008, 2:53 AM
Post #185 of 237 (1663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1) You should state everything with a broad brush, ignore facts, and hint, but not directly actually insult, someone who can climb better than you

As for energy usage: overall it takes less energy to get an equivalent can of tomatoes from Cali to a super market in Mass (via rail) than it takes to get the same from local farms to the same supermarket via pickup truck. You might have heard of this concept: Economics of scale. Not all that is painted green is good for the “environment”.

Look i never backed off anything because of "the facts." I never got my "facts" wrong... I simply have an opinion that people don't agree with and I expressed it in a way that made it even harder for people to understand and agree with. So I'm not a poet.

wonderwoman

Sep 12, 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #186 of 237 (1660 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not true, Troll_Against_The_Machine. Your produce can come from anywhere in the world. A banana travels a lot farther to get to a New England supermarket than I have to travel to get a native and organic pepper. Petroleum is used to manufacture pesticides - that uses energy. Non-pesticide produce = less energy.

Speaking of peppers, I just made salsa and my hands are on fire!!!! Pirate The only energy it took was kinetic along with the glow of my kitchen light bulb.

climbsomething

Sep 12, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #187 of 237 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope that light bulb was a twisty CFL, lest you be considered a poser!

wonderwoman

Sep 12, 2008, 2:58 AM
Post #188 of 237 (1653 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
I hope that light bulb was a twisty CFL, lest you be considered a poser!

It is... But that doesn't mean that I'm not a poser!

Maddhatter

Sep 12, 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #189 of 237 (1646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1 - I kinda like to insult with out all the fluff myself.

2 - My view or anyone view is just that. Right or wrong I like it when people speak there minds.

3- yea that does happen far to much.

I hate that troll word it gets used far to much on here.

"As for energy usage: overall it takes less energy to get an equivalent can of tomatoes from Cali to a super market in Mass (via rail) than it takes to get the same from local farms to the same supermarket via pickup truck. You might have heard of this concept: Economics of scale. Not all that is painted green is good for the “environment”. "

your right but if you want better food you have to pay for it. In the end it's up to the person. Home grown is still best.

luiyo1200

Sep 12, 2008, 3:19 AM
Post #190 of 237 (1641 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you realy like to know, i climb in dancing pants. Wink jazz pants to be exact. but if you going to the crag ill wear something els so you are not unconftrable Cool

wonderwoman

Sep 12, 2008, 3:26 AM
Post #191 of 237 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Re: [luiyo1200] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

luiyo1200 wrote:
if you realy like to know, i climb in dancing pants. Wink jazz pants to be exact. but if you going to the crag ill wear something els so you are not unconftrable Cool

Did you get the invitation to the pants party?

rtwilli4

Sep 12, 2008, 3:33 AM
Post #192 of 237 (1635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [luiyo1200] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

luiyo1200 wrote:

i'm down with jazz pants.... you should see what I wear Wink

climbsomething

Sep 12, 2008, 3:57 AM
Post #193 of 237 (1627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
luiyo1200 wrote:

Did you get the invitation to the pants party?
Silly wonderwoman. Everybody knows you can't have a party with pants ON!

asiaclimber

Sep 12, 2008, 3:59 AM
Post #194 of 237 (1627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

remember those pants that MC Hammer used to wear?

Toast_in_the_Machine

Sep 12, 2008, 4:05 AM
Post #195 of 237 (1623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually, I signed up so I can get some climbing advice. Because internet advice is the best advice!

I, sir, am not plain dumb. I’m actually far more educated on this than you. In the same way I would not yet question the safety expertise of the major safety posters, you should not assume that I don’t know that of which I speak. My food and environmental cred far outweighs my microscopic climbing cred.

As for some of the other comments. Peppers are native to Central America, so outside of that they are an alien species (not to mention highly manipulated by homo sapiens). And organic means no petrochemical pesticides. It does not mean petroleum products were not heavily used to plow, grow or distribute the products. "Further" does not equal less fuel was used, it just means further. Again, back to my example, multiple pickups to and from a food pickup location are identical to consuming bottled water vs. drinking tap water. You’ve heard that is bad, right?

Also, I said “green” not “good”. Local food often tastes better, even if it is not better for the overall environment.

Ahhhh. Thread drift. Trolling. Am I getting this RC.com thingie yet?

luiyo1200

Sep 12, 2008, 4:23 AM
Post #196 of 237 (1620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

theres not even a perty if im not thereCool

stymingersfink

Sep 12, 2008, 4:27 AM
Post #197 of 237 (1617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

blah, blah, blah...

Ahhhh. Thread drift. Trolling. Am I getting this RC.com thingie yet?
Sounds like you're coming along swimmingly.

curt

Sep 12, 2008, 4:38 AM
Post #198 of 237 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Maddhatter] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maddhatter wrote:
STFU life n00b!!!!

1st POST!

Welcome to the forum. Your going to fit right in....

Only if we create a new "short bus" forum, just for the two of you.

Curt

Toast_in_the_Machine

Sep 12, 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #199 of 237 (1596 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now if I can only master the skill of short meaningless replies to get the PC up.

And then advance to self referential posts, I might, just might, approach what the kids call cool.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Sep 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #200 of 237 (1595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Do you wear "climbing clothes" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Skipping over the obviously insensitive aspect of people with real mental handicaps (as opposed to those with just a need to quote bad rock songs)…

Yellow pants. Does anyone sell actual gear that, while not as “rad” as the pink 80s gear, come in interesting colors?

(Oh yeah, I’m hoping someone re-puts: bad 80’s climbing pants, David Lee Roth, Miami U camo with neon orange and / or a guy climbing in “pinky” pants)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook