RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

rdrunner2010

Dec 29, 2008, 5:00 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3126 views)
Shortcut

Wrist popping
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, today I went climbing, and I dont remember when it happened or if it happened while climbing, but sitting here my wrist feels weird and if I move it in a clockwise motion it pops and clicks. I did search on this forum and google to try to find an answer, but the common things are pain and inability to grab anything. I do not feel much pain and I can still probably go climbing, although I felt like I was terrible at climbing today and could not do some of the easier moves that I usually do. Can anyone help me?

thegrassr00ts

Dec 30, 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3081 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rdrunner2010] Wrist popping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the same thing, my wrist clicks to this day from 3 and a half years ago when I took a fall on my snowboard and landed funny. It's like you said not really pain or discomfort, just disturbing that moving my wrist through it's full range of motion causes it to pop. I saw my orthopedist and he said it was a torn TFCC and not to sweat it. It hasn't caused me any problems climbing or pain, like I said, it's really just getting used to the fact that your wrist clicks when you move it. Check this out...http://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/sportsmedicine/health_in_sports/issue6.asp

scottek67

Dec 30, 2008, 2:55 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

as long as it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry... my right wrist pops and snaps from an old Lacrosse injury. I use a squeeze ball to keep the muscles strong but it's never slowed me down. hope it helps ya

Valarc

Dec 30, 2008, 3:49 AM
Post #4 of 7 (3036 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My wrists have popped and made grinding noises as long as I can remember. I used to really enjoy grossing people out by making my wrist pop over and over again when I was in grade school. It's never bothered me directly, but I have had a few wrist injuries over the years, and I wonder if I'm not more prone to them due to whatever fucked-up-ness is making my wrists pop.

marebear

Dec 30, 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3009 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Wrist popping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
My wrists have popped and made grinding noises as long as I can remember. I used to really enjoy grossing people out by making my wrist pop over and over again when I was in grade school.

I have the same thing, wrists that pop, grind and snap when I move my hands around. I stretched a ligament in one and had tendinitis in the other, but the popping sounds have been around a lot longer than those injuries- at least since elementary school.

OP - I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with you, but, maybe you are just later to join the crackly wrist club than the rest of us.

rdrunner2010

Dec 30, 2008, 9:22 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marebear] Wrist popping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks everyone, it is pretty much gone now except possibly in the morning. Sorry, I dont think i'm still allowed in the crackly wrist club...

Sin

Jan 7, 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2888 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I popped my wrist on a sloper a few years back, if i try and hold a sloper in a weird angle i feel the wrist trying to seperate, so i stay away from them now.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook