Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
The Moab Diary
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All


Gmburns2000


Apr 12, 2009, 7:01 AM
Post #1 of 78 (6331 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

The Moab Diary
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Since this is a special trip (i.e. - not weekend warrior stuff), I'm starting a new thread for this trip report.

Getting there is half the adventure (part one) is the first of three posts in the "getting there" mini-series. There will probably be four or five "days in Moab" posts after this is over.


sonso45


Apr 12, 2009, 8:40 AM
Post #2 of 78 (6299 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2002
Posts: 958

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Maybe we'll run into each other, I'm gonna be there starting the 16th; at Bridger Jacks.


Gmburns2000


Apr 12, 2009, 8:49 AM
Post #3 of 78 (6297 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [sonso45] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've actually been and gone. This is the recap of my 10 days out there. Too bad I didn't know in advance, though.

There's a slight possibility that Sungam is still there. He was at the Williams campground on Potash Rd when I left.


Partner angry


Apr 12, 2009, 9:03 AM
Post #4 of 78 (6292 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I've actually been and gone. This is the recap of my 10 days out there. Too bad I didn't know in advance, though.

There's a slight possibility that Sungam is still there. He was at the Williams campground on Potash Rd when I left.

I missed you last week then. I don't read any of the blogs though and I pretty much climbed away from the groups so I had no idea.

I might leave for Moab this afternoon, if I do, I'll stop by the Williams campground on my way out.


Gmburns2000


Apr 12, 2009, 9:05 AM
Post #5 of 78 (6290 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [angry] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I've actually been and gone. This is the recap of my 10 days out there. Too bad I didn't know in advance, though.

There's a slight possibility that Sungam is still there. He was at the Williams campground on Potash Rd when I left.

I missed you last week then. I don't read any of the blogs though and I pretty much climbed away from the groups so I had no idea.

I might leave for Moab this afternoon, if I do, I'll stop by the Williams campground on my way out.

I think he's looking to head back to CO, so that may work out (for him anyway Tongue)


sungam


Apr 12, 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #6 of 78 (6218 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26569

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm now at the lazy lizard hostel. the desert fucking rocks!


Gmburns2000


Apr 13, 2009, 9:45 AM
Post #7 of 78 (6171 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Getting there is half the adventure (part two) is now up. Sometimes planning doesn't go as planned.


dreday3000


Apr 13, 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #8 of 78 (6145 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 15, 2006
Posts: 566

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nice TR. Keep em coming.


Gmburns2000


Apr 13, 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #9 of 78 (6140 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [dreday3000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks man, will do. I imagine these will all get done over the next few weeks.


kachoong


Apr 13, 2009, 1:15 PM
Post #10 of 78 (6126 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As always... a great read GMB! Hope the ankle is well on the mend. I've torn ligaments in both my ankle/feet (at different times from completely un-climbing-related reasons) and know how horrible it is not being able to jam them when you want to.


Gmburns2000


Apr 13, 2009, 1:30 PM
Post #11 of 78 (6117 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [kachoong] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
As always... a great read GMB! Hope the ankle is well on the mend. I've torn ligaments in both my ankle/feet (at different times from completely un-climbing-related reasons) and know how horrible it is not being able to jam them when you want to.

Thanks!

And yeah, torqueing my ankle was the hardest thing to do for a while. I climbed for the first time (i.e. - not aid) this weekend and the ankle was 99% OK, but I've lost a lot of strength. I went down in Feb fighting 11s and stood back up this weekend struggling up 5.8+.


donald949


Apr 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #12 of 78 (6045 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [sungam] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
I'm now at the lazy lizard hostel. the desert fucking rocks!

The lizard may be hostel, but it sure is lazy.


Hey, how about some more pictures from your so called aventure. And some more updates.
Greg already has two trip reports, although they were related to the planning adventure.


(This post was edited by donald949 on Apr 14, 2009, 10:47 AM)


Gmburns2000


Apr 14, 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #13 of 78 (6038 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [donald949] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
I'm now at the lazy lizard hostel. the desert fucking rocks!

The lizard may be hostel, but it sure is lazy.


Hey, how about some more pictures from your so called aventure. And some more updates.
Greg already has two trip reports, although they were related to the planning adventure.

He still has to send me his pics / videos. To be fair, I have to send him mine.

My next update won't be a for a couple of days. Jello sent me some stuff today work in, and I've got to do that before posting. I'm predicting Thursday or Friday as the next day for my stuff.


donald949


Apr 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #14 of 78 (6002 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
I'm now at the lazy lizard hostel. the desert fucking rocks!

The lizard may be hostel, but it sure is lazy.


Hey, how about some more pictures from your so called aventure. And some more updates.
Greg already has two trip reports, although they were related to the planning adventure.

He still has to send me his pics / videos. To be fair, I have to send him mine.

My next update won't be a for a couple of days. Jello sent me some stuff today work in, and I've got to do that before posting. I'm predicting Thursday or Friday as the next day for my stuff.

Well I must say Sunny boy seams to be getting out climbing, but very little blogging w/ photos to prove it.

Either way, looking forward to your next update and photos of moab-RR-joes.
Tongue

Speaking of which, I need to get off the dime and get a digital camera. The wife wanted one for our anniversary. I had one picked out. All set to order it. Then she got all picky. Will it do this that the other. Yes. Yes. Yes. Plus xyz. Well she didn't know, its not what she was thinking, Bla bla bla. And the idea got shoved to the back burner. So I'm just going to get me one, and she can use it if she likes it too. Sly

Good job on the write ups. Keep em coming.


Gmburns2000


Apr 18, 2009, 5:18 AM
Post #15 of 78 (5892 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It took a little longer than expected, but part three of the Moab Diary is up.

Getting there is half the battle (part three)


kachoong


Apr 21, 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #16 of 78 (5749 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Funny read!

"[bouldering in Moab] is like going to a gourmet restaurant and ordering the house salad with no dressing." Laugh Heh!!


Gmburns2000


Apr 21, 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #17 of 78 (5732 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [kachoong] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah, Jeremiah has a great way of putting things sometimes.

I've just finished the first draft of the next post (hope to have it up for tomorrow), and he's got another good one-liner regarding the wire size of micronuts.

I've got to edit it, though, and that will have to happen tonight when I can put more focus on it (i.e. - not at work Tongue)


donald949


Apr 21, 2009, 3:52 PM
Post #18 of 78 (5712 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just read the 3rd part. Very good. You have set a high standard for yourself to follow.
Looking forward to it.


Gmburns2000


Apr 22, 2009, 7:51 AM
Post #19 of 78 (5667 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [kachoong] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Alright! We're finally on to the climbing.

Learning to Aid and Jello's big day is up to read.

One part of the post I forgot to mention is how I met Sungam. I was aiding Skeletonic when I saw this guy walking around in his boxers. He was sopping wet because he thought it would be easier to swim with the Colorado River-current than to walk back to his campsite. Crazy

Seriously, he was just walking up to people while in his boxers and starting up conversations. He never even noticed the wild looks and stares. Laugh

And I've never met a guy who waves at everyone more than him. He was a treat to meet.


kachoong


Apr 22, 2009, 1:41 PM
Post #20 of 78 (5642 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Great stuff, fellas... keep it coming!


kachoong


Apr 22, 2009, 1:42 PM
Post #21 of 78 (5638 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
One part of the post I forgot to mention is how I met Sungam. I was aiding Skeletonic when I saw this guy walking around in his boxers. He was sopping wet because he thought it would be easier to swim with the Colorado River-current than to walk back to his campsite. Crazy

Seriously, he was just walking up to people while in his boxers and starting up conversations. He never even noticed the wild looks and stares. Laugh

And I've never met a guy who waves at everyone more than him. He was a treat to meet.

I can see why....



Laugh


areyoumydude


Apr 23, 2009, 5:22 PM
Post #22 of 78 (5566 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 27, 2003
Posts: 1971

Re: [kachoong] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is that a cow patty in his hand?




sungam


Apr 23, 2009, 7:50 PM
Post #23 of 78 (5545 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26569

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Duntz fergetz t3h line abowt t3h sody-pawp!!!!!1111wonwon1


Gmburns2000


Apr 24, 2009, 6:12 AM
Post #24 of 78 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [sungam] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Duntz fergetz t3h line abowt t3h sody-pawp!!!!!1111wonwon1

oh yeah! thanks for the reminder. that was good.


Gmburns2000


Apr 27, 2009, 7:27 AM
Post #25 of 78 (5417 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15104

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Moab Diary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Our Grade III Climb (day one) is up.

Yes, that says "Grade III (day one)."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook