Forums: Climbing Information: Technique & Training:
Does Running help your overall climbing performance?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

climber_girl

Oct 28, 2001, 5:48 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Does Running help your overall climbing performance?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well recently I have just stated running for about 20 minutes a day about once or twice a week. I was just wondering if anybody knows if running helps your overall climbing performance. After I run, i do lots of stretches with things called dyna bands that are meant to help you become more flexible. So if you know if running has helped your overall performance, please respond to this post!

Brittany

stardust44

Oct 28, 2001, 6:34 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Does Running help your overall climbing performance? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can say that running performance has helped my climbing a lot. It gives you stamina and cardiovascular endurance. I run distance events in track and about eight miles a day right now for Cross country practice. Those sports have allowed me to climb longer without getting tired plus it makes your legs a lot stronger! If you try to run at least twenty minutes a day, you will probably notice a difference in your endurance

[ This Message was edited by: stardust44 on 2001-10-28 10:37 ]

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 28, 2001, 6:51 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a lot of info here, 'Runner and Climber':
http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=2941&forum=27

beta

Oct 29, 2001, 7:31 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been a runner for much longer than I have been a climber. My wife and I run races almost every Sunday, you know run, for the Zoo, Museum, Cure, etc.. all fun, all good for the sponsor and community involved, and me. Of course you have to train for the run, as time has gone by, I have noticed that my running has become much more of a mental exercise than a physical exercise. I'm not sure that it has helped my climbing, it has certainly "calmed me" and that is always a good thing. I run for the "escape" and I don't know how to explain it better than that. I just feel better when I do.

If you like to run, run, don't over do it, you will be a cardio-vascular superman, but an orthopedic wreck, there is a balance and you have to listen to your body and NOT run even though you want to. Get your rest, enjoy the food and fluids that replenish you etc....

OOOOOO, a ramble on running, stop me,

Jeff

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook