Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

talons05

Nov 15, 2001, 4:34 AM
Post #26 of 30 (3763 views)
Shortcut

DYNO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I disagree somewhat rradam. While dynamic moves are different than static ones as far as style, neither is necessarily better than the other. There is much to be said about smoothly flowing from one move to the next, connecting each sequence seamlessly. However, there is also much to be said for the precise combination of precision and power to be found in a dynamic move.

Static is a classic and beautiful style, while dynamic is more robust, and a style with some flair.

AW

wandt

Nov 15, 2001, 7:58 AM
Post #27 of 30 (3763 views)
Shortcut

DYNO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrradam, on behalf of all those non-cometitive "climb for climbing's sake" people out there I must disagree with your statement that "the whole idea is to climb a route or problem with efficiency and as little effort as possible. This is why technique is so much more important than power." Climbing is just about climbing and having fun. If dyno's are more fun than static (which they are) then one shold use them. Do whatever floats your boat.

Now that I've written that little bit of non-competitive, politically correct, pro-equality tripe I will state my REAL opinion. Dynoing is generally flashier, so it is better. A crazy-long static move will draw more applause from experienced climbers, but the general public will ooh and aah way more at a big dyno. Plus, in a game of add-on, there's nothing like the expression on your opponent's face when the two hold you add are two metres from the two holds he just added. (Not quite accurate- the look is similar to the look on the face of the chump stuck under the hoop when you dunk on them.)

Partner rrrADAM

Nov 15, 2001, 8:23 AM
Post #28 of 30 (3763 views)
Shortcut

DYNO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm, when I'm in the gym or at the crag I see the beginers throwing for every hold, all upper body, no feet. But I am impressed and awestruck by the grace of the people who can make it look effortless.

So I guess that's what floats my boat.

ecchastang

Nov 15, 2001, 2:25 PM
Post #29 of 30 (3763 views)
Shortcut

DYNO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what is it called if you jump for a hold, but maintain contact with the wall with one hand, but nothing else, untill your other hand grabs the hold?

dynosi

Nov 15, 2001, 3:26 PM
Post #30 of 30 (3763 views)
Shortcut

DYNO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now we're talking my language!!!!! Best way to get up a climb...in as few moves as possible

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook