RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

marisalow

Jul 15, 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2702 views)
Shortcut

flexor tendon and misc shoulder injuries
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi there guys, i'm new here. been having a wrist injury (flexor tendon strain) for close to two months now. it's improved greatly (used to be unable to even hang open-handed on ANYTHING) and only now i've become able to hang on good slopers without pain. the thing is, i am still unable to campus or do pullups on slopers yet. should i continue with physiotherapy or am i being a bit of a baby here? also being bothered by minor twinges in my right biceps tendon and a left shoulder subluxation (i sometimes have to pop my shoulder back in in the morning, sometimes painfully but usually painless snap in).

to physio or not? thanks for the advice!

johnwesely

Jul 15, 2011, 2:11 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marisalow] flexor tendon and misc shoulder injuries [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marisalow wrote:
hi there guys, i'm new here. been having a wrist injury (flexor tendon strain) for close to two months now. it's improved greatly (used to be unable to even hang open-handed on ANYTHING) and only now i've become able to hang on good slopers without pain. the thing is, i am still unable to campus or do pullups on slopers yet. should i continue with physiotherapy or am i being a bit of a baby here? also being bothered by minor twinges in my right biceps tendon and a left shoulder subluxation (i sometimes have to pop my shoulder back in in the morning, sometimes painfully but usually painless snap in).

to physio or not? thanks for the advice!

Just a thought, maybe you shouldn't be campusing?

marisalow

Jul 15, 2011, 2:21 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] flexor tendon and misc shoulder injuries [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey john, just to clarify.. i have not been climbing on slopers nor campusing for the past two months, only last week i tested my wrist out. campused one rung, felt slight pain and did not do any more of it.

just curious to know if others would still continue with physio at this point or leave it

superchuffer

Jul 15, 2011, 2:27 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i sometimes have to pop my shoulder back in in the morning, sometimes painfully but usually painless snap in).

unless you are mel gibson, see a doctor

onceahardman

Jul 15, 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2641 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think what johnwesley is saying is that if you are waking up with a subluxed shoulder, your shoulder is (DUH) unstable. Perhaps you should re-think your desire to campus until a surgeon tightens up your shoulder capsule enough so it doesn't sublux in your sleep.

You really can't strengthen enough to tighten up that capsule.

But to more directly answer your question, stick with the PT, and ask him/her to take a poke around your shoulder.

A "strain" of a wrist flexor tendon IS A TEAR. STRAIN = TEAR.

It may get back to normal, but it also may not. Slow down and try to rehab it. Better to have it hurt in the gym, than when you are 50 ft in the air.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook