Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Feb 12, 2013, 8:37 PM
Post #97301 of 105309 (4908 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
COFFEE FIENDS: I work 4 days on, 3 off. On my work days, I have a 12 oz coffee. I don't drink coffee on my days off, but by the end of my second day off I've been getting headaches. Is one mug of coffee a day really enough to get caffeine withdrawal headaches?

I got caffeine withdrawal headaches when I stopped drinking one 12 oz. iced tea a day.

snoopy138

Post #97302 of 105309 (4906 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

Post #97303 of 105309 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
COFFEE FIENDS: I work 4 days on, 3 off. On my work days, I have a 12 oz coffee. I don't drink coffee on my days off, but by the end of my second day off I've been getting headaches. Is one mug of coffee a day really enough to get caffeine withdrawal headaches?

Yes. Just give in, and drink one cup every day, and you'll be fine. At least until the apocalypse cuts off our coffee supply and we all kill ourselves.

Only coffee on the weekends for me. I can deal with the headaches from lack of tea, but the ones from coffee are really terrible.
I figure the lack of coffee during the apocalypse will make my old shootin' hand a bit more steady. And the headache will make me want to shoot zombies all the more.

snoopy138

Feb 12, 2013, 8:38 PM
Post #97304 of 105309 (4903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

what time of day? 3-4pm?

I would have guessed that 12oz 4 days a week wouldn't create the dependence and the withdrawal. Maybe you're more sensitive to caffeine though.

true, the 4 days on 3 days off thing seems weird to be creating the dependence.

snoopy138

Feb 12, 2013, 8:39 PM
Post #97305 of 105309 (4901 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

what time of day? 3-4pm?

I would have guessed that 12oz 4 days a week wouldn't create the dependence and the withdrawal. Maybe you're more sensitive to caffeine though.
Yeah, right about. But not on my first day off, it happens on the second and keeps going into the third, at which point I break down and make myself a coffee.

that seems even weirder.

snoopy138

Feb 12, 2013, 8:40 PM
Post #97306 of 105309 (4900 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Yes. Just give in, and drink one cup every day, and you'll be fine. At least until the apocalypse cuts off our coffee supply and we all kill ourselves.
Well, feck. I suppose there's worse addictions to have.

Seriously, science sez that you're way better off with a cup of coffee a day than a bottle of soda a day. As long as you are not sweetening and creaming it too much.

you're way better off with almost anything than a bottle of soda per day.

Partner camhead

Feb 12, 2013, 8:50 PM
Post #97307 of 105309 (4892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Man, I haven't had such a lazy Sunday in ages! Feels good to be lazy once in a while. Made some progress on my jean quilt. it would be nice to finally have it done, bc my "design board" is my bedroom floor.

Went to the gym this afternoon to do some wall stripping and setting. The request was for a "hard" route. It is difficult for me to gauge the grade while setting, and it has happened more than once that i have planned to make a hard route and ended up with a moderate that requires some tweaking to "harden"
it. So I finish setting, and ask a guy to give me a catch. Run though the route, it turned out really nice, flows well, but I think, maybe not quite hard, maybe hard minus... Which in our gym-speak corresponds to ~11b/c.

Meanwhile, a visiting guy has been walking circles around the construction cones, dying to try this new route. So he get's on it, and falls on the 1st move. And 3rd move, and 5th move, and 6th move... you get the idea. Comes down and pronounces it to be a "solid 5.12, really sustained, one hard move after another". Not sure, if you can call a 25ft climb a sustained anything, but... heh! Another guy gets on it, same thing... apparently it is harder than I thought. They both like the route, at least that much is good. But now I am wondering if my difficulty gauge really needs recalibrating, or if I had just set one of those "easy-for-people-between-4'10"-and-5'2"-difficult-for-everyone-else" routes.

Grading gym routes. Such a fun exercise!

We have the setters post up what they think the route is/should be, then go 1-2 letters above and below and have check-boxes next to the grades. After a week, the highest grade is set and that's what the route is graded. Keeps routes appropriately graded.

I think that gym routes should go through double-blind peer review processes for grading. Actually, that should go for outside routes, too. It really is the only sensible option.
It works really well and you know what you're getting on when you get on it.

Maybe works for a large gym, but too much hassle in a gym like ours. Having setters initial and date the climbs they set is as much of an effort as we are able to consistently enforce.

For a hard climb, there might not be enough people to give a grade opinion consensus on it for a few weeks. And by then, every person who has any business being on the route has already tried the route and formed his/her own opinion that is not going to change, no matter what everyone else says.

besides, what's the worst thing that is going to happen if you attempt to toprope a climb that is too hard? Nothing is hurtzed, other than dignitteh, tendons, and butts.

And the cheesetitties?

looked like a standard edit to me.

True, if Lena wasn't a female mod who is pretty cool, we would have told her to GTFO ages ago.

I'm not really sure how the mod thing works in her favor.

Uhh, we can unleash her horrible banzing powers to do our every bidding?

granite_grrl

Feb 12, 2013, 8:52 PM
Post #97308 of 105309 (4891 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

what time of day? 3-4pm?

true, the 4 days on 3 days off thing seems weird to be creating the dependence.

I was only getting bought maybe 8 or 10oz cups when I was supervising. I also don't know how many days I was drinking this coffee a week.

Partner camhead

Feb 12, 2013, 8:53 PM
Post #97309 of 105309 (4888 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Seriously, science sez that you're way better off with a cup of coffee a day than a bottle of soda a day. As long as you are not sweetening and creaming it too much.

Yes, but more importantly, almost anything is worse than a cup of coffee a day. Including: bacon for breakfast, donuts, bread, soda, red bull, egg yolks, mimosas...

About the only thing that is better for you in the morning than coffee would be a smoothie, or [redacted].

granite_grrl

Feb 12, 2013, 9:00 PM
Post #97310 of 105309 (4883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Yes, but more importantly, almost anything is worse than a cup of coffee a day. Including: bacon for breakfast, donuts, bread, soda, red bull, egg yolks, mimosas...

About the only thing that is better for you in the morning than coffee would be a smoothie, or [redacted].

An apple a day keeps the doctor away?

Partner epoch

Feb 12, 2013, 9:08 PM
Post #97311 of 105309 (4880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood

Feb 12, 2013, 9:11 PM
Post #97312 of 105309 (4877 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Why limit yourself to just one of these things?

carabiner96

Feb 12, 2013, 9:23 PM
Post #97313 of 105309 (4874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As you can see, there's nothing to keep it from going all the way back. There was also no amount of hard swinging that could get the thing to slide up on its own, so it was just a really long, heavy, unwieldy version of what I already have, unless before I swung I used my other hand to manually slide it up, which meant it would hit me in the back and land wildly and unpredictably on the ice. All of us had our eyes closed with each swing, we had no idea where the damn thing would land. It was like there wasn't enough head weight, but it was already so heavy that after about ten swings my elbow and shoulder was feeling dangerously strained.

Crackie, one of the guys I was with yesterday goes to your gym and thinks he may know you. Small world. Already forgot his name.

caughtinside

Feb 12, 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #97314 of 105309 (4865 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:

Crackie,

Racist!

and

Racist!

granite_grrl

Feb 12, 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #97315 of 105309 (4854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So apparently I can't eat avocado without puking.

FML

Partner camhead

Feb 12, 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #97316 of 105309 (4853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

While on the subject, I think that the avocado might be the most tawked about food in the BET.

Partner cracklover

Feb 13, 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #97317 of 105309 (4848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

While on the subject, I think that the avocado might be the most tawked about food in the BET.

And also (for those who don't puke it when they the whole thing) one of the most unexpected benefits about moving to CO. Three for a dollar avocados - so nice.

GO

Partner cracklover

Feb 13, 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #97318 of 105309 (4829 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Crackie,

Racist!

and

Racist!

LOL! Yes I think she must be!

And biner - is this you?

GO

dr_feelgood

Feb 13, 2013, 1:34 AM
Post #97319 of 105309 (4820 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
[image]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/155994_10101433161973780_1417204160_n.jpg[/image]
As you can see, there's nothing to keep it from going all the way back. There was also no amount of hard swinging that could get the thing to slide up on its own, so it was just a really long, heavy, unwieldy version of what I already have, unless before I swung I used my other hand to manually slide it up, which meant it would hit me in the back and land wildly and unpredictably on the ice. All of us had our eyes closed with each swing, we had no idea where the damn thing would land. It was like there wasn't enough head weight, but it was already so heavy that after about ten swings my elbow and shoulder was feeling dangerously strained.

[snip]
I almost think you need to mod one of these.

Realize that you are mostly using this to stabilize yourself, and adapt your form so you lead with your right and hook with this. Right now, you are attempting to use shit made for people with two hands, but without the benefit of musculature and fully articulating joints.

caughtinside

Feb 13, 2013, 1:34 AM
Post #97320 of 105309 (4819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My one hang of Triathalon on the auburn limestone sunday. This is sticking the second crux move.

Tried it again but bungled the low crux like 7 times. sigh.

Partner macherry

Feb 13, 2013, 2:18 AM
Post #97321 of 105309 (4811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

this is correct.
embrace the coffee

snoopy138

Feb 13, 2013, 3:09 AM
Post #97322 of 105309 (4804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

FML

better than not being able to eat avocado without cutting yore finger off.

snoopy138

Feb 13, 2013, 3:10 AM
Post #97323 of 105309 (4802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

baked fucking bread might beat it out.

carabiner96

Feb 13, 2013, 4:00 AM
Post #97324 of 105309 (4795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

And also (for those who don't puke it when they the whole thing) one of the most unexpected benefits about moving to CO. Three for a dollar avocados - so nice.

GO
I find produce in general to be much cheaper here. You'd never get 2/$4 strawberry quarts in February back east.

Partner epoch

Feb 13, 2013, 4:37 AM
Post #97325 of 105309 (4791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

FML

I don't know which is worse. Cutting your hand or puking... That sucks.

In avocado-related news: I made a killer Ceviche with five avocados that were nice and ripe. It was supposed to last, but we're finishing it off for lunch tomorrow.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook