Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

carabiner96

Apr 8, 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #99026 of 105309 (3555 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Halp.

I just registered for the Teva Mt Games this summer in bouldering (you're shocked, I know). It's an adaptive category. What can I do between now and then to not totally suck? I'm not trying to win but I don't want folks to be like 'ohh, look at the poor gimpy kid try really hard!'

Damn peer pressure.
though, at the last event, the F Upper Limb field was 0, so I'm hoping I place...

lena_chita

Apr 8, 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #99027 of 105309 (3546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Halp.

I just registered for the Teva Mt Games this summer in bouldering (you're shocked, I know). It's an adaptive category. What can I do between now and then to not totally suck? I'm not trying to win but I don't want folks to be like 'ohh, look at the poor gimpy kid try really hard!'

Damn peer pressure.
though, at the last event, the F Upper Limb field was 0, so I'm hoping I place...

I dunno... drink fewer margaritas, and climb more?

How is the gym for bouldering, for you?

Are you allowed to have an attachment, and is it regulated, in terms of what you are allowed to wear on your gimp-arm, or are you not allowed to wear a hook/axe-type thing, because it would damage walls/holds?

lena_chita

Apr 8, 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #99028 of 105309 (3545 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The garage demolition right next to my work building is going to make life REALLY suck in the next month or two.

Sure, it is entertaining to watch, but the noise really gets on your nerves, the building is shaking, and positive air pressure or not, the dust still gets in.

I just hope there won't be clogged air-intake filters, and hopefully none of the equipment is vibration-sensitive to the extent that it is going to die... I mean, we do have vibration-sensitive equipment, and it is already set on special floating supports, but who knows?

They (the maintenance people) haven't figured out how to maintain normal temperature in the building... my expectations are pretty low.

granite_grrl

Apr 9, 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #99029 of 105309 (3537 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Mo, pretty rad that you're competing. It's pretty hard for me to suggest training for you on account I haven't climbed with you enough to fully understand your limitations. From what I remembered you sometimes get to a move that you simply cannot. Is it possible to get better at work arounds or is it better for you just to get better at the climbing that already works for you?

granite_grrl

Apr 9, 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #99030 of 105309 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weekend report:

Spent the weekend back at home with Nathan. Saturday I had to put the car in the garage for an oil change and decided to run home. Ran 15km, which I'm pretty proud of (considering I only started doing real running 3 months ago). Still not fast but I think I did it at a pretty reasonable pace.

In the afternoon Nathan and I hit up the local train bridge and did a couple of ARC sessions each. I was burned out pretty good after that.

Yesterday we enjoyed the glories of spring, but didn't want to spend too much time outside because the wind was so strong. Did another short run (4.4km) with Nathan that I shouldn't have done.

Tonight I did a 7km run and have decided that I REALLY need to take a couple of rest days from running right now. I took the Beastmaker 1000 away from Nathan and gave him back his Nicros so I still hope to do some upper body work before I go to bed.

That is awl.

carabiner96

Apr 9, 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #99031 of 105309 (3525 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Mo, pretty rad that you're competing. It's pretty hard for me to suggest training for you on account I haven't climbed with you enough to fully understand your limitations. From what I remembered you sometimes get to a move that you simply cannot. Is it possible to get better at work arounds or is it better for you just to get better at the climbing that already works for you?
I think the thing I will have to work on the most is core strength, as that will help me really get to holds that may be at the edge of my reach.

Lena, the leg guys all wear their prosthesis, I don't know if I'm allowed or not but I've never climbed rock or in the gym with one, I prefer to climb without. My axe arm would definitely trash the holds!

Partner camhead

Apr 9, 2013, 1:36 AM
Post #99032 of 105309 (3521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Halp.

Damn peer pressure.

Lockoffs. One armed dynos.

Partner epoch

Apr 9, 2013, 4:43 AM
Post #99033 of 105309 (3507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Halp.

Damn peer pressure.

Haven't you been reading this thread? You must drink beer and do one legged campus board routines until you pull the roof of the storage-facility cum bouldering jim down upon you in all raddness. Then whilst carrying the moosebear you must do one-arm deadhangs for two hours whilst listening to Jak slur insults to you from the hole.

...aka train?

Partner camhead

Apr 9, 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #99034 of 105309 (3492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Halp.

Damn peer pressure.

Lockoffs. One armed dynos.

Oh, and Donkeylock to the Figure Pi!

snoopy138

Apr 9, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #99035 of 105309 (3476 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

took a beat down from Wangerbanger on sunday. got up into the crux trying to lieback through, barndoored right off since there are no right feet. may have figured out some beta that would work. those angled red/green camalots are a pain in the ass.

Had more success on Effigy Too and Hatfields & McCoys (FA: a bunch of dead people -- AB, Big Tony, Smvrf, etc.). Hatfields & McCoys goes up some nice patina ... pretty fun. CI, it's worth doing if you're in the area.

murf

Apr 9, 2013, 4:23 PM
Post #99036 of 105309 (3471 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
took a beat down from Wangerbanger on sunday. got up into the crux trying to lieback through, barndoored right off since there are no right feet. may have figured out some beta that would work. those angled red/green camalots are a pain in the ass.

Had more success on Effigy Too and Hatfields & McCoys (FA: a bunch of dead people -- AB, Big Tony, Smvrf, etc.). Hatfields & McCoys goes up some nice patina ... pretty fun. CI, it's worth doing if you're in the area.

Gotta jam it straight on, reach as high as you can into the pod left hand thumb down. That way you keep your right in somewhat reasonable very tight hands.

If I had known AB would have quit right after, I wouldn't have given him the FA on H&M.

murf

Apr 9, 2013, 4:24 PM
Post #99037 of 105309 (3470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [murf] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

Gotta jam it straight on, reach as high as you can into the pod left hand thumb down. That way you keep your right in somewhat reasonable very tight hands.

If I had known AB would have quit died right after, I wouldn't have given him the FA on H&M.

Fixed.

Partner camhead

Apr 9, 2013, 4:37 PM
Post #99038 of 105309 (3466 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

If I had known AB would have quit right after, I wouldn't have given him the FA on H&M.

I would say that I onsighted WB, but I could not see anything that day.

Have you guys seen that pic?

murf

Apr 9, 2013, 4:53 PM
Post #99039 of 105309 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

I can't see anything either right now.

snoopy138

Apr 9, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #99040 of 105309 (3450 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yeah, I think the best thing for me will be to lieback initially until the stance with the right foot in the small dish, then go into straight jams.

there's a fixed green camalot right at the base of the pod, looks like it would require a lot of work to get it out.

wasn't it up to Big Tony who to give the FA to?

snoopy138

Apr 9, 2013, 5:25 PM
Post #99041 of 105309 (3447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

murf wrote:
camhead wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yore vanity search skillz are still impressive.

you must have some sort of script running to check this thread for different variants of your name.

murf

Apr 9, 2013, 5:37 PM
Post #99042 of 105309 (3440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yeah, I think the best thing for me will be to lieback initially until the stance with the right foot in the small dish, then go into straight jams.

there's a fixed green camalot right at the base of the pod, looks like it would require a lot of work to get it out.

wasn't it up to Big Tony who to give the FA to?

Liebacking on that thing just sucks in general IMO.

He was definitely the #1 guy, but it was mine to give up.

murf

Apr 9, 2013, 5:38 PM
Post #99043 of 105309 (3439 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
murf wrote:
camhead wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

you must have some sort of script running to check this thread for different variants of your name.

Sorry what? The spray is still screwing with my vision.

caughtinside

Apr 9, 2013, 6:48 PM
Post #99044 of 105309 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

Yeah, that wangerbanger is one shit nasty move off a really bad jam for me.

Hopefully I'll be back in josh next season. SHut out this year for like the first time in... man. Maybe since 2004?

dr_feelgood

Apr 9, 2013, 7:21 PM
Post #99045 of 105309 (3419 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

Vaneetay!

dr_feelgood

Apr 9, 2013, 7:22 PM
Post #99046 of 105309 (3418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
murf wrote:
camhead wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

GUed. Oh well.

snoopy138

Apr 9, 2013, 8:48 PM
Post #99047 of 105309 (3405 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
murf wrote:
camhead wrote:
murf wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

GUed. Oh well.

not surprising.

climbs4fun

Apr 10, 2013, 4:48 AM
Post #99048 of 105309 (3373 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

weekend report.

RRR.
Met hot SAR dude and gave him a hard time.
Felt badly.
Grew a pair and sent him an appology and offer for beer to his office.
Should be interesting to see if he calls.
I've never done anything like that before (the note, not the hard time).

That is awl.

lena_chita

Apr 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #99049 of 105309 (3360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
weekend report.

RRR.
Met hot SAR dude and gave him a hard time.
Felt badly.
Grew a pair and sent him an appology and offer for beer to his office.
Should be interesting to see if he calls.
I've never done anything like that before (the note, not the hard time).

That is awl.

I thought that giving hard time to guys/gals you find attractive was the pattern of behavior that ended in middle school? I am happy to say that Daniel no longer pulls the ponytails of the girl he finds attractive. He does his best to ignore her, now.Angelic

Anyway, I hope the hot dude calls back.

caughtinside

Apr 10, 2013, 3:10 PM
Post #99050 of 105309 (3325 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...5;page=unread#unread

Hey guys,

Do your bit for access and send a letter. Copy and paste, it takes one minute.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook