Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 3:54 AM
Post #1 of 50 (13173 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by taylortreadgold
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  

marc801

Jun 11, 2013, 2:26 PM
Post #2 of 50 (13083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taylortreadgold] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
hey guys im trying to step my climbing game up some. ive been climbing for alittle over 2 and a half years and am around a v9 climber inside but i wanna push myself up to that next level. i wouldnt say ive plateaued as im obviously still improving but i wanna keep facilitating the improvement without risking to many injuries. i also want to improve my outdoor bouldering as its not quite as strong, likely a factor of me not gettin out to boulder too often.. any tips to bust into the double digits inside and outside? ive just started campus boardin and it seems to help some but beyond that any more tips . ive checked around the internet for various tips but i figured id through it out to the public for some help. also i dont care about grammar so no smartass comments about my lack of capitalization ect.
thanks
-taylor
So you intentionally want to look illiterate?

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 4:13 PM
Post #3 of 50 (13051 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah totally thats the goal ya caught me. Try to stay on topic instead of turnin this into some stupid argument thread cuz your upset i climb harder than you. Im just lazy and didn't feel like goin back and typing it out perfect. We all know that an english degree will get you really far in life. Go troll somewhere else. So anyone else got any real tips and not nonsense.

Kartessa

Jun 11, 2013, 4:24 PM
Post #4 of 50 (13044 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
Yeah totally thats the goal ya caught me. Try to stay on topic instead of turnin this into some stupid argument thread cuz your upset i climb harder than you. Im just lazy and didn't feel like goin back and typing it out perfect. We all know that an english degree will get you really far in life. Go troll somewhere else. So anyone else got any real tips and not nonsense.

Nah... Now we're gonna trash you because you're a douchebag.

marc801

Jun 11, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #5 of 50 (13035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
taylortreadgold wrote:

Nah... Now we're gonna trash you because you're a douchebag.
Sounds and writes like a 16 yr old douchebag.

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 4:49 PM
Post #6 of 50 (13029 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im 21 but sure 16 works glad you accomplished your goal of ruinin the tread good work. Maybe ill try again another time for help obviously this isnt the place to find it all i found was a few immature hypocrite kids who like to waste a great tool where climbers could talk and help e.o. But obviously itd be more fun to act like little kids and attach ppl behind the defense of a ip address

Kartessa

Jun 11, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #7 of 50 (13024 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
Im 21 but sure 16 works glad you accomplished your goal of ruinin the tread good work. Maybe ill try again another time for help obviously this isnt the place to find it all i found was a few immature hypocrite kids who like to waste a great tool where climbers could talk and help e.o. But obviously itd be more fun to act like little kids and attach ppl behind the defense of a ip address

You must be new here

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 5:04 PM
Post #8 of 50 (13016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

That would be very true made the account yesterday. Just tryin to expand my climbing knowledge and get view pts from ppl from different places ergo what i thought this website was about. Im startin to become one of the better climbers at my gym and need new input to improve. Obviously i should have held off on the background some cuz it obviously upset somebody.

Gravitron5000

Jun 11, 2013, 5:10 PM
Post #9 of 50 (13010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:

Real tips.

You're asking for assistance. People shouldn't have to decipher your bad grammar in order to help you. You may be lazy, but so are many of the rest of us, and sifting through bad grammar and lack of punctuation takes effort.

You're asking for assistance. Maybe getting all aggressively butt-hurt when someone criticizes you isn't the best way to get people to respond constructively.

More constructively, I would recommend reading http://www.davemacleod.com/...outof10climbers.html

ChaseLeoncini

Jun 11, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #10 of 50 (13001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you never mentioned grammar this would have never happened. Your attitude ruined your thread. Not the repliers.
PS: They say switch to a healthier lifestyle and cross train once you wanna start climbing harder. . . so ive read.

shotwell

Jun 11, 2013, 9:58 PM
Post #11 of 50 (12954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:

Well, I have an English degree and somehow manage to not be outperformed by you. Maybe that is the secret to success after all?

If you want real input and a new training methodology you'll be paying my hourly rate. I don't do it for free anymore. Developing a goal based program that targets a person's specific weaknesses is called coaching and would benefit many climbers that are honestly seeking to improve.

If you're serious, let me know what gym you're climbing at. I may be able to help you find a nearby coach. They probably won't put up with the trash talking and posturing you've displayed in this thread though; most coaches are all about results.

marc801

Jun 11, 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #12 of 50 (12936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

YES! In the ultimate act of n00bdom, we have the lame-ass removal of the original post thinking that maybe the thread will disappear or something.

Kartessa

Jun 11, 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #13 of 50 (12934 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
YES! In the ultimate act of n00bdom, we have the lame-ass removal of the original post thinking that maybe the thread will disappear or something.

Too bad *somebody* quoted Unsure

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #14 of 50 (12926 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
Dude grow up sorry im new to the site. Im glad i spent the last 3 hrs climbing and training and not on this site. Anyways again can we please just stay on topic. Obviously i now know never ever to use wrong grammar on a site full of grammar nazis and hypocrites. All i wanted was a few tips without being grammar raped by internet goons with too much time. And to the guy with the english degree who was moderatly helpful you have the wrong idea about im not a boaster or concieted stuck up kid. I am very coachable as i grew up a wrestler and know who to listen to and how to adapt to what a coach tells me to. I just dont enjoy being attacked by internet trolls about every little detail. Btw i climb at the edge halfmoon in halfmoon new york and i would appreciate a coaching lead as i do really want to improve. I have serious hopes to become much better and as i have all my wrestling drive being put into climbing now as i now longer wrestle much.

taylortreadgold

Jun 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #15 of 50 (12921 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ChaseLeoncini] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Honestly i have greatly improved my diet and noticed real results. I was in good shape (10ish percent body fat) but after a few months of whole food with a reduced meat intake i feel much stronger so i agree that living healthier helps a ton. Im prolly down to 6% near where i was for wrestling a few yrs ago.

ChaseLeoncini

Jun 11, 2013, 11:57 PM
Post #16 of 50 (12918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everybody plateaus at some point. Keep climbin and youll improve.

marc801

Jun 12, 2013, 4:00 AM
Post #17 of 50 (12871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
marc801 wrote:
Dude grow up sorry im new to the site. Im glad i spent the last 3 hrs climbing and training and not on this site. Anyways again can we please just stay on topic. Obviously i now know never ever to use wrong grammar on a site full of grammar nazis and hypocrites. All i wanted was a few tips without being grammar raped by internet goons with too much time. And to the guy with the english degree who was moderatly helpful you have the wrong idea about im not a boaster or concieted stuck up kid.

1. It's best to lurk for a while to get the tone of the forums before making a post. The FAQ that was offered when you joined the site says as much.

2. *You* were the one who brought up the whole spelling and grammar thing with quite the arrogant attitude. Had you shut up about that probably no one would have really noticed. You intentionally drew attention to that. Then you got all butthurt when others pointed out that you're being a bit of an ass.

taylortreadgold

Jun 12, 2013, 5:33 AM
Post #18 of 50 (12849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
taylortreadgold wrote:
marc801 wrote:
Dude grow up sorry im new to the site. Im glad i spent the last 3 hrs climbing and training and not on this site. Anyways again can we please just stay on topic. Obviously i now know never ever to use wrong grammar on a site full of grammar nazis and hypocrites. All i wanted was a few tips without being grammar raped by internet goons with too much time. And to the guy with the english degree who was moderatly helpful you have the wrong idea about im not a boaster or concieted stuck up kid.

1. It's best to lurk for a while to get the tone of the forums before making a post. The FAQ that was offered when you joined the site says as much.

2. *You* were the one who brought up the whole spelling and grammar thing with quite the arrogant attitude. Had you shut up about that probably no one would have really noticed. You intentionally drew attention to that. Then you got all butthurt when others pointed out that you're being a bit of an ass.

No use trying to rationalize your immaturity to me i was just stating a fact so that it need not be brought up but you brought it up anyway. Also, butthurt? really?? And i did lurk a little and found that you guys were particularly harsh on grammar so i figured i point it our for you guys. hence my mildly defiant tone, due to the unnecessary grammar correction record here on the site. Also nothing else in my initial post came off as "douchy" it was an honest and simple request for some tips which you promptly ruined. and yeah maybe i called you out on climbing ability but come on and just let this be a damn technique/training forum and not a grammar lesson/ attempted life lesson. none of you guys know me and its a little rushed to try and judge me from a single post while being antagonized. So yeah back to climbing shit.

shotwell

Jun 12, 2013, 5:39 AM
Post #19 of 50 (12847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
marc801 wrote:
Dude grow up sorry im new to the site. Im glad i spent the last 3 hrs climbing and training and not on this site. Anyways again can we please just stay on topic. Obviously i now know never ever to use wrong grammar on a site full of grammar nazis and hypocrites. All i wanted was a few tips without being grammar raped by internet goons with too much time. And to the guy with the english degree who was moderatly helpful you have the wrong idea about im not a boaster or concieted stuck up kid. I am very coachable as i grew up a wrestler and know who to listen to and how to adapt to what a coach tells me to. I just dont enjoy being attacked by internet trolls about every little detail. Btw i climb at the edge halfmoon in halfmoon new york and i would appreciate a coaching lead as i do really want to improve. I have serious hopes to become much better and as i have all my wrestling drive being put into climbing now as i now longer wrestle much.

Well, I can't help you with New York, so moderately helpful might have been a stretch. I have lots of tips for improving, but I don't give them out for free anymore. If you're dead set on getting better you need to understand your movement. I would suggest The Self Coached Climber normally, but it is a little basic for a v9 climber. Of course, this all depends on how hard your gym actually is, what kind of v9s you've climbed, and what your strengths and weaknesses are. If your feet are off the wall more often than on, get the Self Coached Climber. Otherwise, keep climbing.

qwert

Jun 12, 2013, 8:56 AM
Post #20 of 50 (12827 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So either this is a quite successful troll, or some really misguided person…

Anyways, I will play:

Kep climbing , tri rautes youdont t hink you can climb , until u can climb dem.

Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, invest time and brains into a helpful and well worded answer, if the person asking cant be bothered to post a friendly and well worded question?

And its not even about perfect grammar and spelling.

qwert

Kartessa

Jun 12, 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #21 of 50 (12811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
marc801 wrote:
taylortreadgold wrote:
marc801 wrote:

No use trying to rationalize your immaturity to me i was just stating a fact so that it need not be brought up but you brought it up anyway. Also, butthurt? really?? And i did lurk a little and found that you guys were particularly harsh on grammar so i figured i point it our for you guys. hence my mildly defiant tone, due to the unnecessary grammar correction record here on the site. Also nothing else in my initial post came off as "douchy" it was an honest and simple request for some tips which you promptly ruined. and yeah maybe i called you out on climbing ability but come on and just let this be a damn technique/training forum and not a grammar lesson/ attempted life lesson. none of you guys know me and its a little rushed to try and judge me from a single post while being antagonized. So yeah back to climbing shit.

Does your mommy know that the Internet kids are being mean to you? She could call our administrator to slow down our transfer rates.

taylortreadgold

Jun 12, 2013, 1:11 PM
Post #22 of 50 (12790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for that incredibly useful techinque tip. Keep up the useful contributions to the site.
Sincerly the 21 yr old trying to use a climbin website to help imporove his technique as the forum im postin in sugests.

spiesbach22

Jun 12, 2013, 1:11 PM
Post #23 of 50 (12790 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

People climb V9's at the Edge? they may have like 1 problem at that grade interesting.. I'm going to stalk people climbing hard there now.

taylortreadgold

Jun 12, 2013, 1:13 PM
Post #24 of 50 (12786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spiesbach22] Makin the leap [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah there is quite a few of us close friends in the 8-10 range and no need to stalk just ask for taylor. You clearly dont spend much time there otherwise youd know me and the rest of the hard boulders seein as were there 4 or 5 times a week.

Kartessa

Jun 12, 2013, 1:23 PM
Post #25 of 50 (12780 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taylortreadgold wrote:
Yeah there is quite a few of us close friends in the 8-10 range and no need to stalk just ask for taylor. You clearly dont spend much time there otherwise youd know me and the rest of the hard boulders seein as were there 4 or 5 times a week.

Might be because how hard and how often you climb in a gym is as relevant as how fast you run on a treadmill.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook