Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Jul 24, 2013, 6:56 PM
Post #100301 of 105309 (5253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Sadly, we had a bunch ov break ins on sat. C-ya lost another window. Nothing in teh car but they broke in anyways to look. That's 5 windows fer her nau. In teh past she has gotten pretty upset, this tyme she just looked at teh broken window and said 'at least I has a cheap glassman'.

Teh Flange wus also broken into and fore sum stupid reason he had his amp/speaker boom box in teh back seat and they took it. He noes that parking lot iz a problem, knot sure why he had anything worth stealing in teh rig. I dun't think we will sea him back anytyme soon.

I sent this to teh asiant, she said she drove halfway to teh hole on saturday and then remembered she had some family shitz she had to do. I guess avoidance of #16 can werk owt on rare occasions. Of course, she probibly got weker, so it might be a net loss for her.
I saw a foto on fb of her babysitting 6 kids?

practicing fer a big family?
It's all over.

dr_feelgood

Jul 24, 2013, 6:57 PM
Post #100302 of 105309 (5252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pertekt

dr_feelgood

Jul 24, 2013, 6:57 PM
Post #100303 of 105309 (5251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

one more! No babies!

lena_chita

Jul 25, 2013, 1:31 AM
Post #100304 of 105309 (5224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Eye has a little tyme, so I'm tring to decide.... Teh best, teh funnest or sumthing new.

There are still some new things that a guy like you hasn't seen yet? Go for something new, supposed to be good for the brain.

Partner camhead

Jul 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #100305 of 105309 (5208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The rainy summer continues. Humidity and heat have been rising, and the climbing level has gradually been going down. Booo. Fortunately we've been getting out on the lake for dws quite a bit. Had a funny situation the other day there. Started up a pretty classic steep 12b jughaul, which has a pretty hard dyno at like 35 feet that I've never commited to. Got up to just below the dyno, and realized that I had left my glasses on. Shit. Still wanted to commit to the move, so I hung the glasses on a bult hanger, and climbed on up. Unfortunately I bumped them with my foot, and watched them plummet on down into the watery depths. Piss.

I tried the move, failed because I was bummed about my glasses. They were actually my old backup pair that are held together with glue, but still. Got back to shore, and my friend Roper shows up. He had some goggles, so I tried deep sea pearl diving to find the glasses. Could not see them though, because, uh, I did not have glasses on. Was kind of cool to be diving so deep though. Finally, Roper thought he saw a glimmer of metal at like 20feet, he dove down and got them. I owe him a sizer. Psyched to have my shitty glasses back.

That is awl.

granite_grrl

Jul 25, 2013, 2:08 PM
Post #100306 of 105309 (5197 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
The rainy summer continues. Humidity and heat have been rising, and the climbing level has gradually been going down. Booo. Fortunately we've been getting out on the lake for dws quite a bit. Had a funny situation the other day there. Started up a pretty classic steep 12b jughaul, which has a pretty hard dyno at like 35 feet that I've never commited to. Got up to just below the dyno, and realized that I had left my glasses on. Shit. Still wanted to commit to the move, so I hung the glasses on a bult hanger, and climbed on up. Unfortunately I bumped them with my foot, and watched them plummet on down into the watery depths. Piss.

I tried the move, failed because I was bummed about my glasses. They were actually my old backup pair that are held together with glue, but still. Got back to shore, and my friend Roper shows up. He had some goggles, so I tried deep sea pearl diving to find the glasses. Could not see them though, because, uh, I did not have glasses on. Was kind of cool to be diving so deep though. Finally, Roper thought he saw a glimmer of metal at like 20feet, he dove down and got them. I owe him a sizer. Psyched to have my shitty glasses back.

That is awl.

Were you worried your glasses would fly off when you made the move? I'm asking because it's been a long time since I've had glasses and it seems I would have rather tried making the move with them on instead of hanging them on the bolt....but then again climbing would have been difficult for me without glasses or contacts anyway.

tripperjm

Jul 25, 2013, 2:44 PM
Post #100307 of 105309 (5189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Also, I might have 1-2 weeks, last of Oct, first of Nov to get out and do some climbing. I wonder if spearfish is too cold then?

probibly will be gud conditions in teh hole.

heh.... its tru.

Still, CI at teh Hole.... That's funny.

Teh Hole smacks ov effort, CI iz awl about know effort.

Hey now! I love the Hole. But Louie vetos trips the hole. he nearly quit climbing after our last trip down there

hell of an excuse you've got their. I think #16 applies, though.

excuses are CI's track suit...

fixied

[URL=http://s87.photobucket.com/user/allwashedup/media/DSCN1962.jpg.html]

tripperjm

Jul 25, 2013, 2:50 PM
Post #100308 of 105309 (5187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Eye has a little tyme, so I'm tring to decide.... Teh best, teh funnest or sumthing new.

ewe could cuddle see eye for warmth at spearfish in late october.

uhumm... eye has other plans fer oct. Sides, when traveling to climb, I prefer to go to places that are in season.

lena_chita

Jul 25, 2013, 2:54 PM
Post #100309 of 105309 (5182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

That is awl.

That's how the world works. if they were fancy brand-new expensive sunglasses, you would have never found them. But shitty ones? Sure! Still pretty cool that he was able to find them.

I don't know that I understand your thought process for hanging the glasses on the bolt hanger. I mean, is it possible to down-climb from there? Were you planning to go up on the next go, and retrieve the glasses, and down-climb?

granite_grrl

Jul 25, 2013, 3:01 PM
Post #100310 of 105309 (5181 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

Were you worried your glasses would fly off when you made the move? I'm asking because it's been a long time since I've had glasses and it seems I would have rather tried making the move with them on instead of hanging them on the bolt....but then again climbing would have been difficult for me without glasses or contacts anyway.

Sorry. You were DWS. It's been a tough couple of weeks at work and I'm not really processing everything correctly.

tripperjm

Jul 25, 2013, 3:10 PM
Post #100311 of 105309 (5181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

There are still some new things that a guy like you hasn't seen yet? Go for something new, supposed to be good for the brain.

While it's tru, I have wasted a lot ov tyme traveling to climb. There are places I haven't been two.

Course teh new place I've been thinking about heading owt two iz a 20+ hour drive.... and my knee iz hurting just thinking about sitting in a car that long. I suppose I cood fly and rent a car but I wood has to cum up with two last minute tickets... and then still drive for several hours to get there.

There iz this other new place eye hasn't been two that iz closer.... and in season that eye've been thinking about and it wood piss oft CI.....

snoopy138

Jul 25, 2013, 4:09 PM
Post #100312 of 105309 (5167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

I'm guessing he was worried about falling from 35 ft. into the water with glasses on? I don't know, but I wouldn't be able to see the holds without my contacts.

snoopy138

Jul 25, 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #100313 of 105309 (5165 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

That's how the world works. if they were fancy brand-new expensive sunglasses, you would have never found them. But shitty ones? Sure! Still pretty cool that he was able to find them.

I don't know that I understand your thought process for hanging the glasses on the bolt hanger. I mean, is it possible to down-climb from there? Were you planning to go up on the next go, and retrieve the glasses, and down-climb?

yeah, it sounds kind of dumb. at some point or another, those glasses were plunging down towards the water.

lena_chita

Jul 25, 2013, 4:27 PM
Post #100314 of 105309 (5159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

yeah, it sounds kind of dumb. at some point or another, those glasses were plunging down towards the water.

Humanities majors usually have a weak grasp on the concept of gravity... this must be the explanation!

dr_feelgood

Jul 25, 2013, 5:38 PM
Post #100315 of 105309 (5152 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

This is klikker we are talking about. The other question is, if he had stuck the dyno/not knocked his glasses down into the water, how would he have gotten them back from the bolt hanger 35' up without climbing back up and jumping off....

snoopy138

Jul 25, 2013, 5:52 PM
Post #100316 of 105309 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

While it's tru, I have wasted a lot ov tyme traveling to climb. There are places I haven't been two.

Course teh new place I've been thinking about heading owt two iz a 20+ hour drive.... and my knee iz hurting just thinking about sitting in a car that long. I suppose I cood fly and rent a car but I wood has to cum up with two last minute tickets... and then still drive for several hours to get there.

There iz this other new place eye hasn't been two that iz closer.... and in season that eye've been thinking about and it wood piss oft CI.....

the last thing their is a gud enough reason to do most things.

snoopy138

Jul 25, 2013, 5:54 PM
Post #100317 of 105309 (5148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

This is klikker we are talking about. The other question is, if he had stuck the dyno/not knocked his glasses down into the water, how would he have gotten them back from the bolt hanger 35' up without climbing back up and jumping off....

yeah, that's what I've been trying to figure out. would have been grate if he got too pumped to climb back up to the bolt and had to leave his glasses hanging their.

caughtinside

Jul 25, 2013, 6:33 PM
Post #100318 of 105309 (5142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Dammit gives me teh Beta!! This isn't that spot Snupe sniped is it?? Or teh won with teh gnu guidebook coming owt?

caughtinside

Jul 25, 2013, 6:34 PM
Post #100319 of 105309 (5140 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

Humanities majors usually have a weak grasp on the concept of gravity... this must be the explanation!

snoopy138

Jul 25, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #100320 of 105309 (5132 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Dammit gives me teh Beta!! This isn't that spot Snupe sniped is it?? Or teh won with teh gnu guidebook coming owt?

that place kicked ass.

Partner camhead

Jul 25, 2013, 9:55 PM
Post #100321 of 105309 (5127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

The move has a sort of out of control fall where you need your arms for balance, and I was planning on climbing back up next go, grabbing the glasses, and taking a controlled fall while holding them into my face.

dr_feelgood

Jul 25, 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #100322 of 105309 (5114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

The move has a sort of out of control fall where you need your arms for balance, and I was planning on climbing back up next go, grabbing the glasses, and taking a controlled fall while holding them into my face.

http://www.croakies.com/

snoopy138

Jul 26, 2013, 1:30 AM
Post #100323 of 105309 (5103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

http://www.croakies.com/

yeah, if he had those, he could have tried to remove one of the ends of the croakie from the frame, put it through the bolt hanger, then re-close the loop so it definitely wouldn't fall off of the bolt.

granite_grrl

Jul 26, 2013, 1:55 AM
Post #100324 of 105309 (5097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

That is awl.

I'm guessing he was worried about falling from 35 ft. into the water with glasses on? I don't know, but I wouldn't be able to see the holds without my contacts.

I figured that out on my own....I've been having a pretty rough week at work.

On the bright side, I still managed to side step a number of things that would have kept me late at work today and went rock scaling instead. I even sent a route!

climbs4fun

Jul 26, 2013, 2:01 AM
Post #100325 of 105309 (5096 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I will say that I'm pretty excited that I'm in good enough shape to have done 4 burns on my project. Should have one hung it too, but I got mixed up with my hands at the anchors.

My fingertips are raw. Did a lot of thrashing trying to pull the crux on my last attempt.

I'm impressed that you are climbing in this weather, let alone that you are working on the prodgekt.

We had a dinner party on Saturday. The best part of the dinner was watermelon gin punch that Heffe made. But i haveto say, my salmon turned out pretty darn good, too, and so did pulled porkand hte rest of the fixings.

But OMG, I forgot how much work little kids are. Several of my friends have toddlers of various degrees of toddlering, and somehow 3 of them managed to lock themselves in Alisa's room. The key to the room does not exist. The oldest child was an-almost 3yo. We were contemplating the least-damaging way to break the door, but eventually they pushed the knob and turned it in the right combination, and got out.

That's awl.

Replace the door knob

First page Previous page 1 ... 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook