Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

duskerhu

Jun 25, 2003, 8:35 AM
Post #76 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Re: 2ed annual Minnesota gathering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

OK, reply mode coming...

jaylaka, We'll look for you, but you won't be with corpse by the time we get there 'cus he PMed me he was leaving from Chi-town Thursday morning (that puts him there late Thursday afternoon at the earliest). I'm assuming by your ending signature, Jen that you are a woman... With short blonde hair... :lol:

jhattan, looking forward to seeing you and Titus again, and meeting Laura! And, can't wait to try these "Monster Cookies"!!!

Les, it sounds like we're going to have to schedule a couple anchor classes... :shock: OK, well, robinmotion, corpse, gymclimbfreak, and anyone else interested, feel free to hike up top with us for anchor class... And then immediately following, we'll have rappelling class. :twisted: That's where I have you get a good hold on the rope, and then take a good run and jump off the edge, sliding some rope through your hands, and eventually you land at the bottom. WHat??? That's how they do it on TV... :shock:

In reply to:
I'm working on an idea for a message board of some type to let new arrivals know where we are climbing, check back here before you go to see what to watch for.
Les, there is a bulletin board right outside the restroom doors at the restroom in the center camping loop. That would be a good place... Either that or "look for the note on big blue and grey Eddie Bauer cabin sized tent" or something. Unless you're coming up with something really special like a dry erase board hanging on the post for site 32 or whatever... That would be cool too.

And Rob, I'd have room for your friend Jen or you but I'm leaving town Thursday morning... Sorry dude!

Ahhhh, 32 hours and I'll be pulling into Blue Mounds!

See ya there people

duskerhu

fo_d

Jun 25, 2003, 1:29 PM
Post #77 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

duskerhu wrote:
In reply to:
Unless you're coming up with something really special like a dry erase board hanging on the post for site 32 or whatever... That would be cool too.

Chalk board is what i was thinking but I havent made it out to wal-mart yet.

duskerhu also wrote:
In reply to:
Les, it sounds like we're going to have to schedule a couple anchor classes... OK, well, robinmotion, corpse, gymclimbfreak, and anyone else interested, feel free to hike up top with us for anchor class... And then immediately following, we'll have rappelling class. That's where I have you get a good hold on the rope, and then take a good run and jump off the edge, sliding some rope through your hands, and eventually you land at the bottom. WHat??? That's how they do it on TV...

BTW I have a disclaimer that goes with this, it goes like this: I am not a climbing instructor and have only been climbing 2.5 years and if you decide to learn anchors from me you do so at your own risk :D :twisted: :D .......but i'll be happy to teach you what i know :)

:mrgreen: Les :mrgreen:

minnesotatrad

Jun 25, 2003, 3:15 PM
Post #78 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I would be happy to help out with teaching anchors/ trad leading if need be.

j_magnuson

Jun 25, 2003, 7:20 PM
Post #79 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

MinnesotaTrad, Les, Dann......

Sign me up for the anchor course too and I'm itching to try some Trad climbing. I'll be there early Friday morning, if you let me know roughly what time you're starting I can be there to watch the top-rope setups that morning. I'm on vacation that day to climb, so none of those 12:00 college starts! I'll be about 15-20 minutes from Luverne and just need to swing by the McDonalds for some breakfast and I will over to Blue Mounds.

Josh

duskerhu

Jun 25, 2003, 9:16 PM
Post #80 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Josh, we'll be climbing Friday morning as soon as we can drag our collective butts out of our tents, get our gangs fed (hopefully they can do with little and do it on their own :shock: ), and get out to the rock...

Probably by 0600 :twisted: :shock: ...

NOT!

Maybe closer to 9am... Depends how late we stay up climbing the night before and what time we actually pass-out.

There are also a number of great first leads at "The Mounds" and you're welcome to use my rack whenever you're ready. Like, Friday morning at 0615??? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

duskerhu

fo_d

Jun 25, 2003, 9:39 PM
Post #81 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Dann!!!! i have an emerency, i'm out of chalk. Could you get to REI tonight and grab a bag of super chalk or if your at the gym maybe you could grab it there, i'll keep trin to call you.

Les

minnesotatrad

Jun 26, 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #82 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I will be there around 0900 and will get out on the rock around 1030. I have a full rack too if anyone wants some help with first time leads.

duskerhu

Jun 26, 2003, 1:21 AM
Post #83 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

DUDE!, your lack of Super Chalk does not constitute an emergency for me! :twisted: :P

What kind of "Sport-o" are you to be running out of chalk anyway? When I get down to about a half a bag, I got alarms going off all over the place to remind me to get more.

And you... I remember one time you forgot to attach your chalkbag to yoos-self and then halfway up Sunburst, every other move you made you're reaching back for it and swearing your way to the top 'cus you don't have even the psychological benefit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries bro! I have a new bag of Super Chalk in custody just for you... Pay-back is to let me take a 10 footer on to one of your new Splitter Cams (of course, I'll have 3 bomber nuts right below it)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aahhhh! I crack myself up!!!

duskerhu

corpse

Jun 26, 2003, 1:36 AM
Post #84 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I got a bag of loose chalk, plus an extra chalk ball (that I found in the bouldering cave).. So if you can hold out till I get there (late thurs), then I'll hook you up with some of my fine ass "hand candy" (hehe, that's a corpse original, I think).

time to go to bed for me, gotta get up early ya know.

mewalrus

Jun 26, 2003, 2:19 AM
Post #85 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Who is going to be there tomorrow night?
I am going to try to make it, nhopefully not to late.

Anyone have an empty piece of ground for me to crash on tomorrow?

I have a site and will probably have extra room fri and sat night.

Matt

duskerhu

Jun 26, 2003, 2:34 AM
Post #86 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I got a bag of loose chalk, plus an extra chalk ball (that I found in the bouldering cave).. So if you can hold out till I get there (late thurs), then I'll hook you up with some of my fine ass "hand candy" (hehe, that's a corpse original, I think).

time to go to bed for me, gotta get up early ya know.

A "bag of loose chalk" is not even in the same arena as Super Chalk Tom!!! If I can't have the Super Chalk by Metolius, I'll go chalk-less (thus the reason I have alarms going off when I get down to half a bag). :oops: :lol:

Matt, myself, fo_d and apparently jaylaka, and at some point around dinner time corpse, will all be there tomorrow night. Come on down. I'm sure we can find a place for you at least Thursday night and then you've got a site the rest of the time...
We may do some night climbing tomorrow night so, look for some sort of RC.com sign, signal, secret handshake to know we're there... :?

duskerhu

fo_d

Jun 26, 2003, 3:20 AM
Post #87 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thank you Dann for securing some chalk for me and for saving me from having to give the Super chalk lecture.

Lets see.......10 hours till i hit the road 6 hours of packing left, 2 hours of misc crap = 8 leaving 2 for sleep.....perfect :twisted:

old_school

Jun 26, 2003, 3:29 AM
Post #88 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Sorry guys, I will again not make this trip. The two days I had off would have been enough, but now I have to work on one of them and help a friend move into his new appartment. On the plus side theres going to be a bouldering wall in his room, so its not all in vain.

Sooner or later I'll make it to one of these shindigs.
-Andy

fo_d

Jun 26, 2003, 6:31 AM
Post #89 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

BTW i have 1 nights suply of fire wood, it might be more but i'm not sure. Did someone else mention bringing fire wood?

Les

duskerhu

Jun 26, 2003, 12:33 PM
Post #90 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I think someone did mention bringing a truckload or something... :?

If your supply will get us though tonight, I'll go buy some at the local Pump-n-Munch for $18 a bundle if no one shows up with a major supply...

On that note, if you have some wood to bring, BRING IT! please and thank you... :lol:

Well, 1/2 an hour of throwing everything in the Crag-Moblie, 10 minute shower, pick-up Kali and I'm on the way...

WOOO WHOOOOO!!!

seeyathere...

duskerhu

superfly

Jun 26, 2003, 6:06 PM
Post #91 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

How late is the office open????

My crew (5 people) are leaving the tc around 4 and picking up someone in Mankato, so realisically we probably won't arrive til 9. Couple of ?'s:

1. Is this going to be a problematic with either getting a site close to everyone or filling out passes? If so, can I have the other group who is leaving earlier get my site etc?

2. We have about 4 people sharing one big tent. Do we need to pretend to be cousins? We probably could pass for it....

By the way, I did end up investing in a headlamp which anyone is welcome to borrow! Oh and I looked at weather.com and it is supposed to be hot and partially cloudy or sunny all weekend, knock on wood. I actually like it hot so I am psyched!

Jackie

pelliott

Jun 27, 2003, 12:48 PM
Post #92 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I didn't see any date on this post, so I am assuming you are leaving this afternoon. Check the state parks web site for answers to all your questions or give them a call.

507-283-1307

mewalrus

Jun 30, 2003, 2:05 AM
Post #93 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

The gathering was a big success, aside from the runins with the sheriff and rangers. :lol: I'd like to thank the organizers for a job well done, I had a great time. Good climbing and good people.

Hope to see you guys around more often. Maybe I'll remember a few names but probably not.
Matt

duskerhu

Jun 30, 2003, 2:20 AM
Post #94 of 94 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

For anyone interested, the "Official" trip report is starting HERE!...

Thanks all! What a BLAST we had!!! If you were not there, you missed out...

duskerhu

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook