First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

addiroids

Aug 22, 2003, 6:26 PM
Post #1 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Ugly climbers
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was discussing with a girlfriend of mine about why it's hard to find good looking girls who actually have the mental capacity to be a trad climber rather than a gym/sports climbing airhead.

She asked me why all the girls who are dedicated and good trad climbers are either ugly or married. She just happens to be very cute and does like to go out with me and wants to get into walls, but just isn't able to climb with me as much as she would like and usually goes sports climbing with some other people she knows. She asked some girls that are at the sport area and here are some of the responses she got:

In reply to:
"Well if those "men" would stop thinking with their absurdly large runout-induced man-scrotums and appreciate women for who they are instead of only liking the "hot chicks" maybe some of the "ugly" ones might be pretty on the inside once you take the time to get to know them instead of looking at all women climbers as a piece of meat!!!"

And another:

In reply to:
"Those putrid punk mamma's boys are hung like a hamster toad. No real woman would have a thing to do with them. They are not worthy of a real woman. Any real man would see the true femimine beauty in every woman, but they are too much of a neanderthal knuckle dragging slobbering jerkoff who only screws his own hand to know this."

I am just curious on this fact. My friend, Steph, loves to go to Josh and Tahquitz with me, but our schedules don't work out enough to climb together more than once a month. She just doesn't see that many pretty girls out climbing together at the more traditional areas. I told her that I actually know a few girls who are avid trad climbers/wallers that are pretty, but on the whole, we just don't see it much. And she said it seems to her, that most who descent looking, are femnazi lezbo's.

Any thoughts??

TRADitionally yours,

Cali Dirtbag

hangerlessbolt

Aug 22, 2003, 6:33 PM
Post #2 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ugly climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My thought...I'm an ugly climber

maculated

Aug 22, 2003, 6:40 PM
Post #3 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think it's because I'm ugly that I lead trad. I figure that once I splat a good one when my gear fails, insurance will have to take care of my ugly mug.

I love you so much, Paul. So much.

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 22, 2003, 6:53 PM
Post #4 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What about climbers with disproportionally large quads Paul ??? :roll:

I think you spend your free time squatting a VW bug.

krillen

Aug 22, 2003, 6:56 PM
Post #5 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's funny how in their responses they sound very PC, but it'd be interesting to see how many ugly guys they actaully want to/do date....

photon

Aug 22, 2003, 7:02 PM
Post #6 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drunkenroids,

the reason you can't get hot chicks --- is in the mirror.

as for your comment on people's intelligence
weren't you the drunk guy who tried to outrun the
cops by driving into a creek bottom? house arrest etc....

maculated

Aug 22, 2003, 7:08 PM
Post #7 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't want to date an ugly guy. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And people do get a heck of a lot cuter as you get to liking them more.

I look back at some of the guys I've liked or dated and I go, "Damn, the googles must have been on with that one."

timstich

Aug 22, 2003, 7:15 PM
Post #8 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife keeps telling me she needs new glasses. And I say each time, "Uh huh." :D

Too bad she's near sighted! I look somewhat presentable if I don't sneer.

addiroids

Aug 22, 2003, 7:17 PM
Post #9 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the reason you can't get hot chicks --- is in the mirror.

as for your comment on people's intelligence
weren't you the drunk guy who tried to outrun the
cops by driving into a creek bottom? house arrest etc....

Dude, I was trying to post this question in a nice manner. By the way, a girl asked me the question!!! I had to tell her that they are out there, but you just don't see a big % of girls at all living the trad lifestyle. I guess it's because she and I haven't been on a good road trip before. She is getting her PhD in Physical Therapy and doesn't have a lot of time off.

And if you care, I do get hot chicks. I have even been suprised by some of the "hot chicks" I have "gotten". I could post a pic or two, but don't think that is appropriate or necessary. I don't really have anything to prove. Especially to you...a sport climber...who lives in Kansas.

If someone with some real insight who actually goes climbing at real places (not corn silos or 80' chosspiles) could give some opinions in a mature manner (which I attemped to do), it would be greatly appreciated.

TRADitionally yours,

Cali Dirtbag

maculated

Aug 22, 2003, 7:32 PM
Post #10 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now, taking it in a serious vein:

Most sport climbing cuties are the ones you'll find on gyms and short day trips, right? Or they stay in hotels on longer trips. Why is that? Well, they can afford gyms and hotels. They can also afford to do what it is that makes girls pretty, like makeup and scented lotions, etc.

But not that it's all about money . . . the other turn of the coin is that non-dirtbag trad climbing girls are used to getting dirty, getting their gear messed up, and after a while, the work involved with making yourself everyday pretty starts to wear.

Before climbing: I showered every day, wore nice perfumes daily, valued cashmere, Ralph Lauren, and Banana Republic. I got my hair cut every 5-6 weeks in a nice layered coif and used a little gel or mousse in the morning while blow drying it under. Couldn't be caught dead without at least foundation and mascara. Shaved my legs every day. Wore cute little silver rings, kept my car spotless and clean.

Now? Well, I missed the shower this morning because I went running (but I stopped daily showers after living in freezing-ass Tuolumne where you have to hike miles to get to a shower). My developing greasy hair in ponytail (I haven't had it cut since February, no kidding), no make up, wearing a coat with a burn hole in it from a campfire, and wrinkly khakis because I'm living out of my car, more or less. My car is covered in dust and the inside has a layer of sand and soil from my various trips.

Cute and shiny I ain't. Not any longer. You just stop worrying so much.

Stand me up next to a cute gym climbing girl and she wins, I'm not stupid. I also don't care so much any longer.

(BTW, I still clean up nice, just don't do it as often. My climbing partners in college wouldn't recognize me at school because I'd be in a skirt and heels, etc. . . those days are gone, I think.)

pinnaclechick

Aug 22, 2003, 7:35 PM
Post #11 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My weekend's not fun unless I am gone from Friday until Sunday night, and come home covered in sweat, dirt and bug bites.

There are ugly people everywhere. If there weren't any uglies, the pretty ones wouldn't look as good.

mother_sheep

Aug 22, 2003, 7:41 PM
Post #12 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn. I'm leading more and more trad which means that I must be getting uglier and uglier by the day. I wonder if I really beat myself with the ugly stick that that will somehow equivocate into me becoming a better trad climber. I'd do it if it did!!!

jumpingrock

Aug 22, 2003, 7:42 PM
Post #13 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Damn. I'm leading more and more trad which means that I must be getting uglier and uglier by the day. I wonder if I really beat myself with the ugly stick that that will somehow equivocate into me becoming a better trad climber. I'd do it if it did!!!

You are too late... you have to fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. (when you are a baby)

curt

Aug 22, 2003, 7:45 PM
Post #14 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I have met a number of ugly climbers and also climbers who are ugly in the past. Some are actually both.

Curt

wigglestick

Aug 22, 2003, 7:59 PM
Post #15 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You really gotta love Photon. That guy has dirt on everybody isn't afraid to use it. But trying to insult somebody by calling them a sport climber is kind of weak. That would be like me calling you a musclehead just because you can benchpress more than me.

I think there are plenty of hotchicks that climb trad. I mean by definintion any women that climbs trad is hot so I guess I would have to say that I don't understand your question.

the_pirate

Aug 22, 2003, 8:31 PM
Post #16 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that gymbie guys and poser spandex wearing sport blokes are all just pretty boys that want a girl as a fashion accessory. Where as most trad climber guys are unwashed, unshaven, degenerates horny enough to fcuk the crack of dawn. Or maybe this is all just T3.

hangerlessbolt

Aug 22, 2003, 8:31 PM
Post #17 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No way man…trad’s for us uglies…*grin*

We’re gear junkies…we’re built for hauling sh*t…we’re made for long approaches up scree slopes.

There’s a certain beauty that comes along with sport climbing and bouldering that most don’t see in trad.

If you don’t get it…then you won’t get it.

The way I see it…is that most pretty girls…like to stay that way…sport allows for that…while multi-pitch and long aid routes do not.

There’s also the swapping leads and placing gear factor that a lot of ladies aren’t interested in. They want to climb…not deal with equipment. (Not all of course…Hell, I know plenty of guys that aren’t interested in long, uphill schleps just to get to the base of a multi-pitch route that they’re going to have to do some 4th class downclimbing to get off of.)

btw: Paul *is* a muscle head...just ask him...lol!

Cheers

~Hanger

photon

Aug 22, 2003, 8:42 PM
Post #18 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dirt on everybody? what you talkin about willis?
the almighty trad climbing guru published his bad boyz dilemna on this site for the world to read. i was just re-stating what he wanted everyone
to know to support his arguments---

podunkclimber

Aug 22, 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #19 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm this thread is strange, I can think of a couple hotties that I know, that lead trad, but then again I might just be blinded bu their nice racks. :lol: Seriously, there are far to few women out there leading trad, and why I don't know. I'm sure I'm not he only guy here whos crush got busted when Steph married Dean. :D I also truely believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, few people walk as close to the edge on a daily basis as trad climbers do, and I think that enlightenment helps allow us to see people in a better light. I'd take Dirt Barbie hands down every time. :wink:

mike

Aug 23, 2003, 1:13 AM
Post #20 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was thinking the same thing. A woman who leads trad is pretty much an operational definition of beauty.

Partner camhead

Aug 23, 2003, 1:53 AM
Post #21 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm sure I'm not the only guy here whos crush got busted when Steph married Dean

word.

yeah, that steph is the walking definition of trad ugliness. hehe.

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 23, 2003, 2:02 AM
Post #22 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

is this a poll? can i volunteer to be an ugly trad girl??

Partner camhead

Aug 23, 2003, 3:09 AM
Post #23 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah right amber. you couldn't ugly your way out of a wet paper bag. sorry.

whoa, ugly is a verb.

krave

Aug 23, 2003, 5:07 AM
Post #24 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cannot believe my eyes. Trad girls are ugly, and sport betty's pretty. Are you all joking? Must be. As a gal who has camped 52 weekends of the year, most years. Has converted a van into one of the raddest camping van/shaggin wagons around (God rest its soul, my baby burned down on the side of the road) It is possible to "live the dirt bag lifestyle" and still keep up appearances. I would hate to believe that just because a person clips bolts instead of placing gear that they are unable to spend 5 minutes washing up. Hell anyone can bring a few baby wipes on a big wall (they're light and great for wiping your Bum.)

Second, since when does make-up and smelly lotion make women pretty? :shock:

granted this is coming from a sport betty, but still.... :roll:

90% of the women I've seen climbing are HOT, both Trad Gals and Sport Gals.

Oh yeah and one more thing, there are the ones in the gym, all made up, looking realllly good, but those are the types that don't go outside cuz they're going to get dirty. They are rarely real climberz, but they'll fake you guys out long enough to get you into a relationship then never want you to climb again.

krave

Aug 23, 2003, 5:15 AM
Post #25 of 107 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oops

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username: