jumpingrock

Aug 25, 2003, 7:25 PM
Post #52 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ugly climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay, so let me get this straight, only the ugly girls climb hard trad? And those guys are some good looking fellas??? And based on the last time I saw you, you didn't mind the two barbies that showed up with me to climb hard at Suicide :D - both of which were available, both of which you didn't even say hello to. Just maybe, the boys are scared heheh.

"Pretty girls make me nervous" - Prozak

maculated

Aug 25, 2003, 7:41 PM
Post #53 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
OK from what I've seen, I think Ambers gorgeous, I think Maculated's fit . . .

Hey Mr. Smooth, not that I care what you think I look like, but defining people isn't very cool. I don't line up my friends and point out, "You're cute, you uh . . . you've got nice hair."

"Fit" is like saying someone has a good personality in my book (and I think I happen to have that too, but if you talk to my mom, she'll disagree).

the_pirate

Aug 25, 2003, 7:49 PM
Post #54 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hey Mr. Smooth,

- snip -

"Fit" is like saying someone has a good personality in my book

Ya dude, say that to a girl's face and you are likely to get your scrawny british nuts kicked in.

Hey, aren't you the guy with the threads about having a hard time getting dates......

Me wonders why.....

Partner missedyno

Aug 25, 2003, 8:28 PM
Post #55 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hey Mr. Smooth, not that I care what you think I look like, but defining people isn't very cool. I don't line up my friends and point out, "You're cute, you uh . . . you've got nice hair."

"Fit" is like saying someone has a good personality in my book (and I think I happen to have that too, but if you talk to my mom, she'll disagree).

ha! I hate being called "attractive" to me that means "i don't turn to stone when i look at you"

Fit, or being called "built" hella yeah, that's a compliment to me!

i am a traddie, but i'm also taken. he's stronger than me. i couldn't date someone if i was stronger than them
(unless he had a REALLY great personality!:P)

the_pirate

Aug 25, 2003, 8:30 PM
Post #56 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
(unless he had a REALLY great personality!:P)

Is that female lingo for "big penis"

hangerlessbolt

Aug 25, 2003, 8:40 PM
Post #57 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Perception = one’s reality…regardless of how irrational

Don’t call me pretty…I want to be thought of for my mind
Don’t call me smart…that tells me you think I’m ugly
Don’t call me responsible…that means you don’t think I’m capable of being spontaneous.
Don’t call me flirtatious…that’s the same as calling me “easy”

All of this because in the minds of many…one negates the other.

Here’s a hint…women speak in code…and therefore believe that men also speak in code. So if you want to pay her a compliment…make it in code…something to the effect of “the eagle flies at dawn”….should get you a wink and a phone number. LoL

Case in point:
“Hi Melissa…I think you’re very attractive and I would like to take you to dinner sometime.”

Translates to: Hi Melissa, I think you’re smoking hot and want to bang you like a bass drum…come eat something with me so that you’ll feel obligated to bump uglies.

Whereas if you just go up to her and say something to the effect of:

“Whut up biatch!…why don’t you get your big ol’ ass up in my ride…and after I make you handle handle my business…I might take you to Micky D’s”

Translates to : “Hi Melissa…I think you’re very attractive and I would like to take you to dinner sometime.”

wildtrail

Aug 25, 2003, 8:53 PM
Post #58 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll disagree with this. Yes, often, women of climbing are unattractive. However, that's a personal preference. A woman without hips, an ass, or a little meat on her bones isn't my kind of woman. I hate ribcagey, ripped muscle having, skinny broads. They look like 12-year old boys.

However, yesterday while climbing, I saw many very attractive women climbers. Maybe they're just better looking here than elsewhere.

A basic phisical discription:

Nice hineys
Tight tummies
Pretty faces
Great attitudes

Seriously. I ain't lying. My partner and I stopped and talked to three different women that were climbing. Great gals, great looking.

Must be a Wisconsin thing, then. They don't look weird here.

climbsomething

Aug 25, 2003, 8:55 PM
Post #59 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Per my understanding of "fit," it's a British version of "hot." Which likely wouldn't offend me personally, but not everybody likes being called hot/pretty/good-looking/etc. *shrug*

hangerlessbolt

Aug 25, 2003, 9:00 PM
Post #60 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I hate ribcagey, ripped muscle having, skinny broads. They look like 12-year old boys.

“So what’s wrong with 12 year old boys?”

-Father Mahoney (Church of the Outstretched Palm)

charrock

Aug 25, 2003, 9:04 PM
Post #61 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Perception = ones realityregardless of how irrational

Dont call me prettyI want to be thought of for my mind
Dont call me smartthat tells me you think Im ugly
Dont call me responsiblethat means you dont think Im capable of being spontaneous.
Dont call me flirtatiousthats the same as calling me easy

All of this because in the minds of manyone negates the other.

Heres a hintwomen speak in codeand therefore believe that men also speak in code. So if you want to pay her a complimentmake it in codesomething to the effect of the eagle flies at dawn.should get you a wink and a phone number. LoL

Case in point:
Hi MelissaI think youre very attractive and I would like to take you to dinner sometime.

Translates to: Hi Melissa, I think youre smoking hot and want to bang you like a bass drumcome eat something with me so that youll feel obligated to bump uglies.

Whereas if you just go up to her and say something to the effect of:

Whut up biatch!why dont you get your big ol ass up in my rideand after I make you handle handle my businessI might take you to Micky Ds

Translates to : Hi MelissaI think youre very attractive and I would like to take you to dinner sometime.

LOL
I'll be your biatch for whopper

on_sight_man

Aug 26, 2003, 6:31 AM
Post #62 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
(5.9+ if you are Faber).

BWA-HA-HA

atg200

Aug 26, 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #63 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
(5.9+ if you are Faber).

BWA-HA-HA

ok, i know it is natural for a discussion of ugly climbers to focus on faber, but damn - how many of us here know the guy.

wildtrail

Aug 26, 2003, 3:22 PM
Post #64 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*raises hand*

Who's Faber? :?:

wigglestick

Aug 26, 2003, 4:16 PM
Post #65 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I once saw a Faber pull on a quickdraw to get past the crux of a sport route at Monitor Rock. But he wasn't using chalk so I cut him some slack. He isn't that ugly. Just a good old southern boy. Heck, if he were my cousin I'd date him :D

dirtineye

Aug 26, 2003, 4:17 PM
Post #66 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know him. I'm not proud of that, but I do. I wouldn't say he is ugly, at least, not if you are a sheep.

Partner missedyno

Aug 26, 2003, 4:19 PM
Post #67 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'd rather be an ugly climbing chick, than to be pretty and never climb again.

mother_sheep

Aug 26, 2003, 4:33 PM
Post #68 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Poor Ben. He gets big points from me. He hung out w/a bunch of trad wussies for hours in Eldo this past weekend when he probably could have been doing something much harder and more fun. Plus, he got our rope un-stuck in a pain in the a$$ place. Don't mock Ben for his affection for my sheep. He only slept w/her once in the back seat of my truck. NAPPING!!! If wiggie would date him, you know he's got to be hot.

I'm telling Ben on all of you. Don't worry U_B_G. I've got your back!!!

Partner camhead

Aug 26, 2003, 4:50 PM
Post #69 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

crazylikeafawkes sez:
In reply to:
i am a traddie, but i'm also taken. he's stronger than me. i couldn't date someone if i was stronger than them

great. I guess that, despite all the feminist rhetoric that so many women propagate, they STILL deep down want to be subordinates! I mean, the vast majority of female climbers, no matter how hard they climb, are dating someone who climbs harder than them! Even look at the celebrities- Beth Rodden, Josune Bereziartu, Lisa Rands, Steph Davis... they all climb less aggressively than their significant others.

the only thing that i can think is that, deep down, women are still psychologically tied to being the dominated one in the relationship.

word.

Partner missedyno

Aug 26, 2003, 5:35 PM
Post #70 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
crazylikeafawkes sez:
Quote:

great. I guess that, despite all the feminist rhetoric that so many women propagate, they STILL deep down want to be subordinates! I mean, the vast majority of female climbers, no matter how hard they climb, are dating someone who climbs harder than them! Even look at the celebrities- Beth Rodden, Josune Bereziartu, Lisa Rands, Steph Davis... they all climb less aggressively than their significant others.

the only thing that i can think is that, deep down, women are still psychologically tied to being the dominated one in the relationship.

word.

ah yes, an excellent point. and I have been called a feminist before, so your remarks are of interest to me.

however i am also of above average strength for a female my size. I'm with my life partner now anyway so all of this "what would i date" chatter is pointless for me, but I have to say that i'm happy he's stronger/more built than me otherwise i'd get some sort of "i'm the man" complex.

something to think about though, thanks cammy

Partner camhead

Aug 26, 2003, 6:37 PM
Post #71 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, it is something to think about, Jess. I mean, I climb stronger than my girlfriend as well. Just seems to be the norm. lame. do any dudes out there have a hard climbing woman that sets up topropes and then sprays beta?

hangerlessbolt

Aug 26, 2003, 6:43 PM
Post #72 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had a partner who could climb at least as hard as me if not a little harder.
As a matter of fact she was there when I was working my first 12a on TR. I couldn’t pull the moves…then she hopped on it…worked it and finished it. Of course I *had* to get back on it…and she helped me work through the sequence. It was pretty awesome. Though I haven’t seen her in over a year…I’m pretty sure she climbs harder than her boyfriend/fiancé. One of the rare ones.

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 26, 2003, 7:23 PM
Post #73 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I once saw a Faber pull on a quickdraw to get past the crux of a sport route at Monitor Rock.

*gasp* !?!?!?! are we talking about the same faber here?!?!?!?

In reply to:
He isn't that ugly. Just a good old southern boy. Heck, if he were my cousin I'd date him :D

hahahah ... rolling !!! ... hahahahah

Partner missedyno

Aug 26, 2003, 7:24 PM
Post #74 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
yeah, it is something to think about, Jess. I mean, I climb stronger than my girlfriend as well. Just seems to be the norm. lame. do any dudes out there have a hard climbing woman that sets up topropes and then sprays beta?

when it comes to climbing, my partner and i are almost matched. he's been climbing longer than me so of course that's a factor.

we both excel at our own style of climbing - and it was me that got us out of a tricky situation on trad multipitch over the weekend (yes on lead and run out) ... the strength i was referring to is brute strength and muscle definition. but i think that's just a matter of guys on average being stronger than girls. putting climbing aside, that is.

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 26, 2003, 7:46 PM
Post #75 of 107 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the strength i was referring to is brute strength and muscle definition.

good grief girl .. have i said anything lately about how lucky you are?!?!?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook